The OFFICIAL 2020 Texans Off-season Thread

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

The Texans haven't had very picks with their 2nd round players.  In their history they've had 17 second round picks.  DeMeco Ryans, Brooks Reed, D.J. Swearinger, Benardrick McKinney, and Nick Martin have been the only decent picks I've seen made.  With that being said 3 of those 5 did better with other NFL teams.  

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Bills give up a 1st and change for Diggs....I don’t get the O’Brien trade. Was Hopkins holding out? Huge salary? Do the Texans have a line that can run block?

Rumors coming out that O'Brien and Hopkins didn't really get along. Instead of WORKING with one if the best players in the league and a team leader, he traded him for pennies on the dollar. This is what makes OB so bad. He lets personal feelings get in the way of professional decisions. 

He gave up a star player with THREE years remaining on his contract for an injury prone RB that had lost a step because he didn't like the guy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Rumors coming out that O'Brien and Hopkins didn't really get along. Instead of WORKING with one if the best players in the league and a team leader, he traded him for pennies on the dollar. This is what makes OB so bad. He lets personal feelings get in the way of professional decisions. 

He gave up a star player with THREE years remaining on his contract for an injury prone RB that had lost a step because he didn't like the guy. 

There’s a reason why coaches should coach and never GM.

7 hours ago, topher805 said:

What's funny is I heard the breakdown on the salaries today, and they are paying $4 million more for the scrubs they picked up than for the star they had with Hyde.  Then they pay Cobb $3 million more than he's worth, and he'll turn 30 this August.  If BOB doesn't work some magic, and make the playoffs this year he should be fired, and with the way the Texans have been handling things they'll probably hire Jason Garrett.  

I'm with topher, I've become a fan of the Roughnecks, but I wish they would have used the old Oilers colors.  I suppose their logo was to blend both to gain the fans of Texas.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

What's funny is I heard the breakdown on the salaries today, and they are paying $4 million more for the scrubs they picked up than for the star they had with Hyde.  Then they pay Cobb $3 million more than he's worth, and he'll turn 30 this August.  If BOB doesn't work some magic, and make the playoffs this year he should be fired, and with the way the Texans have been handling things they'll probably hire Jason Garrett.  

I'm with topher, I've become a fan of the Roughnecks, but I wish they would have used the old Oilers colors.  I suppose their logo was to blend both to gain the fans of Texas.  

I'm not as mad about Hyde. Texans offered him good money, but he wants more. I think David Johnson is a good replacement for Hyde, but he could have been had for a far lower price. Tampa was looking at a 5th Round pick for him. 

As for the Roughnecks, I wish they could have gotten closer to the color scheme as well. I like the oil derrick logo, but the colors are too close to the Texans, using silver instead of white. As a fan though, their games are great and cheap. I know they will be back for another year, but I hate how TV ratings died down as the season went along. I want to apply to work for them, but too much uncertainty to make that jump with a family to provide for...

O'Brien shouldn't last the week. If Cal has any testicular fortitude, he will fire O'Brien just off of today's events if true. Not only does it go back to O'Brien's inability to separate professional/ personal relationships, but it shows he is completely tone deaf and unprofessional. 

Even if O'Brien is fired, it won't matter much. The damage is done. We won't magically get Clowney and Hopkins back...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

O'Brien shouldn't last the week. If Cal has any testicular fortitude, he will fire O'Brien just off of today's events if true. Not only does it go back to O'Brien's inability to separate professional/ personal relationships, but it shows he is completely tone deaf and unprofessional. 

Even if O'Brien is fired, it won't matter much. The damage is done. We won't magically get Clowney and Hopkins back...

Looks like the word is out on BOB.

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Looks like the word is out on BOB.

He just lost a lot of potential free agents for this.  This pathetic.  I don't know what happens though with team events, but maybe he was bringing all his children's mothers to those events like a harem.  I've heard things with some players.  We heard about Lou Williams having two girlfriends in 2014, and they were okay with it until 2018.  I know DeAndre tried to tone it down today, and said Michael blew it out of proportion, but it's still out there for other players to see, and they're not going to like it.  

I read some sports column the other day that projected that DeShaun Watson would be the Patriots quarterback in 2021.  What do you think O'Brien could get in return for Watson in a trade?  Maybe a punter off the Pats practice squad and an eighth round draft choice?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess...Although if you take a step back Deshaun Watson now has...A lot of versatility, but I dunno...

RB: Duke Johnson, David Johnson

TE: Darren Fells, Jordan Thomas, Jordan Akins

WR: Brandin Cooks, Kenny Stills, Will Fuller, Randall Cobb