AFC DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: TEXANS @ CHIEFS

Houston @ Kansas City  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Houston Texans
    • Kansas City Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

You must be a young one.  I remember watching the Oilers lose a 35-3 lead vs. the Bills in 1992.  That was the downfall of football in Houston, and one of the reasons they moved.  People quit buying tickets.  I was sort of hoping the Texans would win this one, and then the Titans wear their throwback uniforms in Houston as the Oilers.  Now it's the old Dallas Texans vs. the old  Houston Oilers.  

We all know how THAT turned out last time.....lol

8 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

You must be a young one.  I remember watching the Oilers lose a 35-3 lead vs. the Bills in 1993.  That was the downfall of football in Houston, and one of the reasons they moved.  People quit buying tickets.  I was sort of hoping the Texans would win this one, and then the Titans wear their throwback uniforms in Houston as the Oilers.  Now it's the old Dallas Texans vs. the old  Houston Oilers.  

What's sad about that Jim Kelly wasn't the QB. It was the coach of the Indianapolis Colts. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1jacket said:

What's sad about that Jim Kelly wasn't the QB. It was the coach of the Indianapolis Colts. 

I remember well.  I thought the game was over, and went to work early.  Then the meltdown ensued.  What's really messed up is they beat the Bills 27-3 to secure the playoff birth.  I suppose they could play the dime defense the rest of the game and still win.  Jim Eddy was the Defensive Coordinator.  After him being fired he became the linebackers coach for the Cowboys and won two Super Bowl rings the next year and in 1996. They also fired Pat Thomas after that game who was the secondary coach.  However they retained Gregg Williams who was the Defensive Quality Control Coach.  As we all know he won a Super Bowl ring with the Saints and his infamous bounty system.  As I stated in that thread, I didn't have a problem with it, because defensive players used to say they were going to try and take out specific players in the 70's.  You'd hear it from Diron Talbert before every Deadskins/Cowboys game.    

On 1/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, DaveTV1 said:

You must be a young one.  I remember watching the Oilers lose a 35-3 lead vs. the Bills in 1993.  That was the downfall of football in Houston, and one of the reasons they moved.  People quit buying tickets.  I was sort of hoping the Texans would win this one, and then the Titans wear their throwback uniforms in Houston as the Oilers.  Now it's the old Dallas Texans vs. the old  Houston Oilers.  

LOL! Exactly what I said! Second-worst day of my life as a football fan, behind Traion's injury...