Jason Garrett Officially Out As Cowboys Coach

Lobo97

Jerry gonna either hire a “yes man” coach who will let Jerry keep making GM decisions about the players and his coaching staff or he’s gonna hire a coach who will get some level of power when it comes to players and staff. I can’t wait to see how this turn out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

My first choice would be to lure Jim Harbaugh from Michigan. 

I'd also be interested to see what Urban Meyer could do.

I do NOT want Lincoln Riley. 

Urban Meyer as head coach.  And he won’t be wanting the job for more than 5 years.  So pay Lincoln Riley well to be OC/head coach in waiting. 

Just now, WestHardinfan1 said:

Why would Urban Meyer come work for yalls megalomaniac when he could go anywhere looking for a coach and get complete control???? Why would anybody worth having do that??? 

Watch Urban Meyer and the Redskins. If Urban Meyer wants control (and I think he would) the Redskins would be the perfect spot. Bruce Allen getting canned opens up the football operations. 

• Like 1

Mike McCarthy

Jim Harbaugh

Ron Rivera

Lincoln Riley

Matt Rhule

Urban Meyer

Out of all the big name coaches that Jerry could get (Sean Payton pipe dream fan here) this might the most reasonable. Could Jerry get weird and go after a Tony Elliott? Jason Witten? Just have to wait and find out somewhere between tonight and Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Every coach worth having wants control, not to have to answer to some dictator on high......Dallas will end up with someone the same as or worse than clapper......

And that’s the only ones I think that can succeed in Dallas. They have to have some type of control similar to Parcells and Jimmy. Without it this will be another decade without a Super Bowl.

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

And that’s the only ones I think that can succeed in Dallas. They have to have some type of control similar to Parcells and Jimmy. Without it this will be another decade without a Super Bowl.

Won't get one as long as Jerruh is calling the shots.....lol