Jason Garrett Officially Out As Cowboys Coach

Lobo97

55 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Every coach worth having wants control, not to have to answer to some dictator on high......Dallas will end up with someone the same as or worse than clapper......

I have been saying that for years ... Cowboy diehards are expecting some top notch "name" coach to come in and turn them back into a Super Bowl contender ... it ain't happening as long as the puppet master is the GM pulling all the strings ... might as well resign the Red Clapper because the only thing the head coach is going to do is play "yes man" to Jerruh ....

• Thanks 1

The FOX, CBS and ESPN “experts” seemed to agree, for the most part, that the 2019 Cowboys had near the league’s best talent on the roster.  Probably lucky on the talent with Jerry J in charge. So a team that goes 8 - 8 with that much talent is probably not led by a very good coach. 
Maybe one of the better coaches out there that is available wants to try to transform that talent into a 9 - 7 team in 2020.  

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

The FOX, CBS and ESPN “experts” seemed to agree, for the most part, that the 2019 Cowboys had near the league’s best talent on the roster.  Probably lucky on the talent with Jerry J in charge. So a team that goes 8 - 8 with that much talent is probably not led by a very good coach. 
Maybe one of the better coaches out there that is available wants to try to transform that talent into a 9 - 7 team in 2020.  

They've been "loaded with talent" for 25 years and counting.  I had to re-read your post,  I believe we are in agreement. Old man jones may not have a clue how to build a championship football team,  but he's one hell of a salesman.  Took me 20 years of this before I woke up.

5 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I wonder if there's a team out there above Juco level that's gonna hire the clapper to be their HC?  That I would have to see to believe!

I'm sure someone will hire him and put him on TV as an "expert" commentator .... I don't see him as  head coach at the NFL or major college level ... he may just fade away into the sunset and live off the millions Jerruh paid him as a "yes man" ....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I'm sure someone will hire him and put him on TV as an "expert" commentator .... I don't see him as  head coach at the NFL or major college level ... he may just fade away into the sunset and live off the millions Jerruh paid him as a "yes man" ....

JGeezy will get hired by another team. You tell me Cleveland wouldn’t want him if he could get them to 8-8? A Browns fan would kill for that. For a Cowboys fan, that’s not good enough.

31 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

MCCarthy would be a good one...keep Riley at OU becuase OU sucks 

I’d kick the tires on McCarthy. Super Bowl winner who seems willing to learn and listen to the analytic revolution going on in the game right now. Might be willing to keep Kellen, Kitna and Colombo on board. That defense needs a overhaul staff wise. Richard ain’t the answer.

51 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

I know there is a lot of dog piling going on with Garret, I think he is a good coach. But for all you haters with the mob thinking mentality Garret never lost the players and to have the respect of 53 millionaires has  is a sign of a good leader

Garrett is a good coach. Consistently got 8 wins with his teams usually in the playoff hunt. One season of 4-12 because he lost his starting QB and was stuck with a scrub backup. How many teams in the NFL would kill to have that type of resume? Cleveland, Jacksonville, Washington? Yeah there was a little talk of “Garrett Guys” but it never became a huge public debacle. 

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

One source just said the Cowboys will not be discussing Jason Garrett’s status any time today.  
So THE BIG RED CLAPPER apparently survives another day at Cowboyland. 

I’m going to be positive and say it’s to finish the exit interviews. There’s still a part that’s concerned Garrett can talk himself into keeping his job.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:40 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Black Monday can't get here quick enough.

Pffttt.  They've had there meetings today twice.  Once this morning, and then again this afternoon.  No announcements to be made tonight according to an article I read.  Why ???  I think Jerry might just re-sign him to a one or two year contract for some God forsaken reason.