Jason Garrett Officially Out As Cowboys Coach

Lobo97

28 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Pffttt.  They've had there meetings today twice.  Once this morning, and then again this afternoon.  No announcements to be made tonight according to an article I read.  Why ???  I think Jerry might just re-sign him to a one or two year contract for some God forsaken reason.   

20191230_182011.png

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, TheShadowKnows said:

I know there is a lot of dog piling going on with Garret, I think he is a good coach. But for all you haters with the mob thinking mentality Garret never lost the players and to have the respect of 53 millionaires has  is a sign of a good leader

Take a look at the last 5 years, and say that with a straight face.  In 2014 they finished 12-4 and lost to the Packers in the playoffs with the Dez catch.  2015 Romo got hurt, but the team quit including Dez.  I think he lost Dez, and why he started acting up.  2016 Dak comes out they go 13-3 with young talent, lose to the  Packers.  The excuse was it was a young talented team.  2017 We should have built on the success of 2016, Zeke is suspended,  Alfred Morris performs well during his absence.  Lost to  Seattle at home that may have helped them finish at 10-6.  they were 3-5 at home.   2018 - No star receiver with a young Michael Gallup, start of 3-5, but finish strong to finish 10-6.  They gave up at Indy losing 23-0.  Trounced by the Rams even though the score made it seem closer than it was.  2019 -  They could build on the success again, but gave up several times this year especially against playoff caliber teams.  The Philly game playing against scrubs basically, and can't do what they did against the Deadskins.  His first 5 years were mediocre at best.

Garrett is ranked 5th with his winning percentage as a head coach with only Chan Gailey, Bill Parcells, and Dave Campo behind him.  True his behind Tom Landry in wins, but he's been with the Cowboys for 10 years.  All of the other 6 coaches had an average of 3.67 years at the helm.  They fired Wade for his 1-7 start in 2010.  Odd thing is Wade has coached in two Super Bowls since leaving Dallas.  He has a ring with the Broncos.  I've read more clamor for the firing of the Red Clapper at various sources than I ever heard for Coach Landry or Wade Phillips.  The only coach that there was more for was Dave Campo after 3 straight 5-11 seasons.  

As I've stated I'm done with the Cowboys if they keep Garrett on as head coach, and that's been after at least 49 years of knowingly being a diehard Cowboys fan.  I've suffered too long for just an NFC Championship appearance.  Even my 76ers haven't been this bad since I became a fan of theirs in 1976.  They were in the Eastern Conference Finals last year, and the NBA finals in 2001.    

1 hour ago, Rabbs63 said:

The longer Jerry waits, the more inclined he is to keep him.  Jerry loves Jason, like no other coach he has been associated with.

That’s my biggest concern. The longer this drags out the more likely something crazy could happen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rabbs63 said:

You’re probably correct.  I wonder if Jason will be able to interview with the Giants, while still under contract for two weeks?

1 hour ago, mellon said:

I heard that Garrett was actually under contract until Jan. 14. Maybe Jerry is waiting to just let him go away on his own.

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that his contract expires 3 days after their season is over OR Jan. 14. So that means it expires Wednesday maybe? 🙏

55 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that his contract expires 3 days after their season is over OR Jan. 14. So that means it expires Wednesday maybe? 🙏

Just read where it expires on the 14th and a 2nd meeting is scheduled with management.  This is the toughest decision Jerry has ever had to make.  Jason was supposed to be his Tom Landry!

10 years

6 of them with 8 wins or less

Only 3 double digit win seasons 

Only 3 playoff appearances 

2 playoff wins

0 consecutive playoff appearances 

0 Conference championship appearances

0 Super Bowl appearances 

I don't understand why it's a tough decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

10 years

6 of them with 8 wins or less

Only 3 double digit win seasons 

Only 3 playoff appearances 

2 playoff wins

0 consecutive playoff appearances 

0 Conference championship appearances

0 Super Bowl appearances 

I don't understand why it's a tough decision. 

It's  because the GM should be gone too ...

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

I vote for Troy Aikman  he knows his football and has spoken out about the coaching staff at Dallas and  he is liked by other coaches in the NLF.

He's not gonna be Jerruh's yes man ...

My guess is Urban Meyer takes the job for the Big $$$$$ and lasts 2-4 years and the Cowboy are back in the same boat after he leaves/gets fired/resigns  ...

15 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

My guess is Urban Meyer takes the job for the Big $$$$$ and lasts 2-4 years and the Cowboy are back in the same boat after he leaves/gets fired/resigns  ...

50 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

I vote for Troy Aikman  he knows his football and has spoken out about the coaching staff at Dallas and  he is liked by other coaches in the NLF.

Aikman will not kiss up to jerry jones count on it that is why  he would be good for Dallas.

fbd26aab4af41a475a4e6ea8b09f894e.jpg

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think the next coach will be able to break through the window before it closes for a Super Bowl win.  In 4 years it will be a rebuild season in my opinion.  It's not going to happen with Garrett, and I'm leaning towards Jerry keeping him.  New Years Eve would have been a perfect time to fire him, unless there's some sort of clause in his contract.  I doubt one is there.  Out with the old in with the new, and Garrett is old news.  

They've had meetings on back to back days and no "decision" yet. And supposed to meet again tomorrow. 

I wonder if this means Red won't be the HC anymore but he'll remain with the Cowboys...maybe move into the front office type role? 

Hhhmm...this delay is killing me. Get it over with already!! 

6 hours ago, powerlifter said:

We're pretty much on the same page.  For a while now,  and I don't know why,  I've thought about michael irvin as HC for the Cowboys.  Guy knows what it takes to be a champ and wont put up with jerry's :poop:

• Like 1