Jason Garrett Officially Out As Cowboys Coach

Lobo97

19 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

^^This

Who’s the coach that you most hear about tied to the Cowboys who would need a veteran defensive mind if he was to have success at the NFL level? Lincoln Riley.

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Who’s the coach that you most hear about tied to the Cowboys who would need a veteran defensive mind if he was to have success at the NFL level? Lincoln Riley.

I may me in the minority but I don't like this choice. I like McCarthy. I like his experience and play calling.

But yes to the question

28 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I may me in the minority but I don't like this choice. I like McCarthy. I like his experience and play calling.

But yes to the question

It’s probably more of a Rooney Rule thing than anything. You wouldn’t hire a DC before the HC unless something was already worked out. With Oklahoma and the Dallas Cowboys being involved there’s no way to keep that quiet for this long. 

McCarthy could be a good hire. Offensive mind who had a decent relationship with Rodgers until that went sour. Seems willing to change with times unlike those who stick to their process no matter what. Pretty sure he ran a 3-4 with Dom Capers in GB. Would he try to run that in DAL or stick with the 4-3 personnel? 

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

It’s probably more of a Rooney Rule thing than anything. You wouldn’t hire a DC before the HC unless something was already worked out. With Oklahoma and the Dallas Cowboys being involved there’s no way to keep that quiet for this long. 

McCarthy could be a good hire. Offensive mind who had a decent relationship with Rodgers until that went sour. Seems willing to change with times unlike those who stick to their process no matter what. Pretty sure he ran a 3-4 with Dom Capers in GB. Would he try to run that in DAL or stick with the 4-3 personnel? 

Hopefully he would let his DC determine that. And I'm sure that would be all about prefrence.

35 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I don't know how paychecks are done for coaches.  With players I assume they get a signing bonus, incentive bonuses, and game checks.  In my opinion it's similar to being a lame duck coach.  I've heard that he may receive another position with the organization other than coach.  Another thing keeping him around does is prevent other teams from recruiting him and interviewing him, because then they could be found guilty of tampering.  

At this point I assumed they were just going to way until his contract expired so Jerry would not have to technically fire him. Garrett seems like a good guy but his ceiling as a head coach is just a notch above average and that will not get it done. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He's still under contract until the 14th.  I'd hang around too until I found a job.  No one is calling due to what I wrote above so...

I heard the cheerleading squad was interested in him. lol