Jason Garrett Officially Out As Cowboys Coach

Lobo97

28 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I bet we are the only ones on here who even remember the WFL.....

I'm not sure if Kirt was in the military at the time or ever caught a game at Fair Grounds Field  now Independence Stadium.  We never went to a game, but I remember seeing highlights on TV since I lived in Longview.  I grew  up with Bob Griffin and Reasor Bowden who were the sports editors/broadcasters for KSLA 12 CBS and KTBS 3 ABC back in the day.  Rarely did we watch John Bass "Son Son" on KLTV 7 ABC.  I know since Kirt's from Waskom,  TX he probably remembers all three as well.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Remember it well ...

Was it Lester Optical that used to run commercials all the time out of Waskom ?  It's been a long time since I saw their billboard and commercials on the 4 tv stations we had back in the day.  My apologies to the rest for sidetracking, but they're memories.  

I went to a Shreveport Steamer game when I was stationed at Barksdale AFB .... I had a big Sgt that I worked with who had a tryout with them. He was 6'3" and weighed about 235 and played college football at Southern University.  He was cut on the very last day and didn't make the team .... James Henry Minus .... big dude ...

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'm not sure if Kirt was in the military at the time or ever caught a game at Fair Grounds Field  now Independence Stadium.  We never went to a game, but I remember seeing highlights on TV since I lived in Longview.  I grew  up with Bob Griffin and Reasor Bowden who were the sports editors/broadcasters for KSLA 12 CBS and KTBS 3 ABC back in the day.  Rarely did we watch John Bass "Son Son" on KLTV 7 ABC.  I know since Kirt's from Waskom,  TX he probably remembers all three as well.  

I met Bob Griffin several times when I lived in Waskom and was still in the Air Force .... yea, I went to a Steamers game back in the day ... The Steamers owner owed the city of Shreveport over a million dollars and had an old building in downtown Shreveport with several antique cars in it.  After the league folded, he had a few drivers sneak in and try and drive the cars out of town in the middle of the night.  The Shreveport cops stopped them and confiscated the cars.  I don't think the city ever got their money back  ... lol ...

7 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Was it Lester Optical that used to run commercials all the time out of Waskom ?  It's been a long time since I saw their billboard and commercials on the 4 tv stations we had back in the day.  My apologies to the rest for sidetracking, but they're memories.  

Yes, Lester Optical ran a lot of commercials on channel 12 and 3 ... it's  closed now ...

2 hours ago, 1jacket said:

The Browns would lol. Haven't they been through 11 or 12 coaches by now.

Not even the browns.  Garrett playing backup for the cowboys is only reason jerry even hired him, well that and he's not gonna stand up to jerry. 

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Not even the browns.  Garrett playing backup for the cowboys is only reason jerry even hired him, well that and he's not gonna stand up to jerry. 

Yep. Jerry don't like coaches that stand up to him. That why Jimmy Johnson was fired.

59 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I went to a Shreveport Steamer game when I was stationed at Barksdale AFB .... I had a big Sgt that I worked with who had a tryout with them. He was 6'3" and weighed about 235 and played college football at Southern University.  He was cut on the very last day and didn't make the team .... James Henry Minus .... big dude ...

I still have a Shreveport Steamer t-shirt packed away in storage from my teenage years.  We would catch a couple games a year.  Loved the Steamers!

2 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

Jason meeting with management again tomorrow.  

Jerruh gonna make him head of concession stand and pro shop .... he will become the executive assistant deputy honcho in charge of licking Jerruh's boots ....

• Like 1

Bob Griffin. John Bass wrestling the bear for “The Sportster”. That’s some blasts from the past. I can remember when Smoaky did the KLTV sports usually with a Redskins helmet in the background. KSLA used to show the Shreveport Captains playoff baseball games. Didn’t watch too much KTBS but we would watch KTAL with Darrell Rebouche “dialing for dollars” before the Cosby Show would come on.

• Like 1

Who knew it would be this hard to get rid of the clap-“per?” I’m hearing Jerry Jones is bringing in Lindsey Lohan for her expertise on this matter. Hopefully things should clear up in 7 to 10 days.

31 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Who knew it would be this hard to get rid of the clap-“per?” I’m hearing Jerry Jones is bringing in Lindsey Lohan for her expertise on this matter. Hopefully things should clear up in 7 to 10 days.

I think the Cowboy's problems last longer than 7-10 days ... more like 7-10 years, or until Jerruh drifts off into the sunset ...

• Like 1

I feel like the longer this drags out, the more likely Jerey is to bring Garrett back. Nothing will be any different until the Jones family is no longer in control. At this point, I don't think Stephen is any better. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I feel like the longer this drags out, the more likely Jerey is to bring Garrett back. Nothing will be any different until the Jones family is no longer in control. At this point, I don't think Stephen is any better. 

It almost feels like it’s a negotiation now with Garrett. Does that mean more than likely a move to the front office?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

It almost feels like it’s a negotiation now with Garrett. Does that mean more than likely a move to the front office?

I agree. It's weird. 

Maybe he's being considered for a front office job as the Executive VP of Game Strategy - Clock Management & Clapping/Butt-Slapping. 

• Like 1

Let's say they're negotiating a front office job. That still isn't the answer on two fronts...

1) It furthermore shows the new coach will have very little say.

2) It's still delaying the opportunity to find the right coach, as the longer they wait, the more likely the best coaches are no longer available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Bob Griffin. John Bass wrestling the bear for “The Sportster”. That’s some blasts from the past. I can remember when Smoaky did the KLTV sports usually with a Redskins helmet in the background. KSLA used to show the Shreveport Captains playoff baseball games. Didn’t watch too much KTBS but we would watch KTAL with Darrell Rebouche “dialing for dollars” before the Cosby Show would come on.

I met Bob Griffin once, he was a very nice guy. He was my favorite local sportscaster around here. 

I liked watching the Captains, it's a shame that Fairgrounds field is in terrible shape now. 

18 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Lester Optical billboard is still there. You just can't "See" it.