Mike McCarthy Is The New Coach Of The Dallas Cowboys

Jerry and McCarthy have got to fix the defense. We got backups playing starter snaps. Give me a big run stuffing DT up front so that LVE and Jaylon ain’t tackling a running back five yards down the field. Give me another pass rusher across from Tank because I’m afraid we ain’t gonna be able to bring Quinn back because of price. We have got to fix the secondary. Give me a couple corners and a safety. There’s no turnovers, no big plays coming from back there. 

19 hours ago, Stoney said:

Jerry and McCarthy have got to fix the defense. We got backups playing starter snaps. Give me a big run stuffing DT up front so that LVE and Jaylon ain’t tackling a running back five yards down the field. Give me another pass rusher across from Tank because I’m afraid we ain’t gonna be able to bring Quinn back because of price. We have got to fix the secondary. Give me a couple corners and a safety. There’s no turnovers, no big plays coming from back there. 

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Seems like it’s up to Kellen if he wants to stay a Cowboy or not.

Between the U of Washington and the Cowboys I spect Moore will stay in Dallas.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Couple a potential assistant names to keep an eye on, Jim Tomsula for D-line coach and John Fassel as Special Teams coach. 

Anything is better than what we had as assistants last year.  I'm not completely onboard with keeping Moore on, because most of the yardage was in garbage time.  They are inflated stats.  

• Like 1

Y'all gotta go check out the McCarthy interview on YouTube. Peter King interviewed him about 3 weeks ago. 

Very interesting and good look into McCarthy's vision, preparation, what happened and why he was fired in GB, and his outlook on his next HC job (this is before he was up for the Cowboys job). 

YouTube....search for "How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports" 

• Like 1

McCarthy assistant hires

Marinelli = Tomsula....I’ll call it a wash

Richard <<<<<Nolan.....that’s a upgrade

O’Quinn<<<<<<<<<<<Fassel.....upgrade times 100

That’s a pretty solid coaching crew.

16 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Y'all gotta go check out the McCarthy interview on YouTube. Peter King interviewed him about 3 weeks ago. 

Very interesting and good look into McCarthy's vision, preparation, what happened and why he was fired in GB, and his outlook on his next HC job (this is before he was up for the Cowboys job). 

YouTube....search for "How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports" 

That he looked at what failed in Green Bay and decided he needed to change is something we never saw from Garrett. Garrett thought that by doing the same thing over and over eventually the results would change. 

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Anything is better than what we had as assistants last year.  I'm not completely onboard with keeping Moore on, because most of the yardage was in garbage time.  They are inflated stats.  

Keeping Moore may have a lot to do with Dak's comfort level. They seem to be leaning very heavily on McCarthy's ability to improve Dak's play. McCarthy is an offensive guy and can take advantage of what Moore does well, and reject what he doesn't. I think what will happen; Moore will lay out the game plans, and McCarthy will call the plays during the game. That's just a guess on my part. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Keeping Moore may have a lot to do with Dak's comfort level. They seem to be leaning very heavily on McCarthy's ability to improve Dak's play. McCarthy is an offensive guy and can take advantage of what Moore does well, and reject what he doesn't. I think what will happen; Moore will lay out the game plans, and McCarthy will call the plays during the game. That's just a guess on my part. 

Honestly I would consider a trade for Dak . Like Peyten Manning in Denver . Brady and getting any younger but can't see him there. Rivers wouldn't be terrible lol. Give me a vet QB and 1st round pick .

5 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Honestly I would consider a trade for Dak . Like Peyten Manning in Denver . Brady and getting any younger but can't see him there. Rivers wouldn't be terrible lol. Give me a vet QB and 1st round pick .

You can sign Rivers, Brees, Brady, Manning, Bridgewater, Mariota, Tannehill, and even the Crab Leg Thief without trading anyone.  None of them spark my interest due to age and the rest show a lack of living up to their billing.  Put the franchise tag on Dak, and maybe draft a quarterback.  I'd take Jalen Hurts in the 7th round, because I think he has some potential, plus he has the experience in big games.  I'm not saying he'd pan out, but I think he could be used in the offense as a flex player if he can catch the football.