Mike McCarthy Is The New Coach Of The Dallas Cowboys

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

So far, McCarthy's staff is going to include 3 coaches with prior NFL Head Coaching experience. Nolan, Tomsula, Philbin. Right? 

Wow!! Any more? 

Just a little bit of experience on the sidelines this year, huh? 😂 Rumors that there’s a offer out to a new RB coach. Need a new WR coach since Sanjay Lal was just fired tonight. Tony Oden or Joe Whitt, Jr are in the running for the secondary coach. Jim Haslett could be the LB coach.

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

You can sign Rivers, Brees, Brady, Manning, Bridgewater, Mariota, Tannehill, and even the Crab Leg Thief without trading anyone.  None of them spark my interest due to age and the rest show a lack of living up to their billing.  Put the franchise tag on Dak, and maybe draft a quarterback.  I'd take Jalen Hurts in the 7th round, because I think he has some potential, plus he has the experience in big games.  I'm not saying he'd pan out, but I think he could be used in the offense as a flex player if he can catch the football.  

As a Sooner alum/supporter, Jalen does not have an NFL arm. 

Great guy, excellent runner, and terrific leader...  but he just doesn't have the good to be a pass-first QB. 

54 minutes ago, AKA said:

Great guy, excellent runner, and terrific leader...  but he just doesn't have the good to be a pass-first QB. 

The NFL is a copy cat league to some extent. Look at Taysom Hill in New Orleans. Guys a backup QB who plays WR, RB, ST. I wonder if someone will look at Hurts in kinda the same way? Not a main weapon in the offense but somebody who can have a handful of touches a game to make plays.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The NFL is a copy cat league to some extent. Look at Taysom Hill in New Orleans. Guys a backup QB who plays WR, RB, ST. I wonder if someone will look at Hurts in kinda the same way? Not a main weapon in the offense but somebody who can have a handful of touches a game to make plays.

Totally agree. That would be the best-case scenario for Jalen...  some franchise who sees him fitting that role. 

9 hours ago, AKA said:

That's why I think he could be used elsewhere like Greg Ward was this year for Philly.  The stupid thing is they fired their receivers coach Carson Walch, and he was keeping them relevant with glue and tar to win the East.  I'd consider bringing him in considering what he did.  Half their corps was on IR or nursing injuries.  

• Like 1