🟢 Baylor 2020 thread

88YoePride

13 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

No kidding I wasn't comparing the two. I was saying similar circumstances.

Yes but traylor’s first HC duty is at UTSA, not a P5 like Baylor. McGuire might need to look to start at smaller place.  I feel like Napier will get the job before he does

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Yes but traylor’s first HC duty isn’t at UTSA, not a P5 like Baylor. McGuire might need to look to start at smaller place.  I feel like Napier will get the job before he does

If any of those guys are available on that list that DMN put out then there are 5-6 other guys I would choose over both of them if they are realistic options.

• Mr. P changed the title to 🟢 Baylor 2020 thread
2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Dallas Morning News has this list... One that I like on that list is Luke Fickell, who may be looking for a pay bump in a winnable conference.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/baylor-bears/2020/01/07/seven-possible-candidates-baylor-could-target-as-matt-rhules-replacement/

For those of you who don't want to spend money on the DMN, click here

Bryan Harsin- hasn’t he had other options to leave Boise State but stuck around? Not sure if Baylor would have the pull to get him to leave there.

Luke Fickell- An Ohio guy coaching probably the second best program in Ohio. 

Joe Brady- Orgeron and his crew of voodoo witches won’t allow this to happen.

Dave Clawson- doing good at Wake Forest. This seems like a reasonable hire. I’d say Baylor is a better job than Wake Forest.

Willie Fritz- another reasonable option but is fixing to turn 60. I think that “Rhules” him out. 

Josh Huepel- UCF is a good job. I think he’d wait for a little better option.

Blake Anderson- some Baylor ties, relatively young, seems like another reasonable option.

Joey McGuire- seems popular with the team. Texas HS coach with no college HC experience. Coupe be the guy until Baylor find “the guy.”

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Back on topic..

I don't see Charlie Brewer playing next season. If he does, I don't think it will be long before he's done. 

I'm not sure who all Baylor returns, but I think 6-6, 7-5 next year is the ceiling.

If his concussion history is as bad as talked about during the Sugar Bowl, he should hang it up