🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

Strong got three years. Herman has gotten 3.75 and as he says they have won some big games. However, too often they have lost games UT had no business losing. ISU on Friday was a perfect example. ISU is a solid team this year, but there truly is not a lot of talent on that team. I mean, they were throwing to three different tight ends. 
Then post game Herman said once the team whipped away their tears they’d get back to work on Sunday/whenever. [wipe away their tears]

I’m done, I want someone to make these guys play hard, with an edge and a little nastiness. Mack’s teams had just enough of that especially on the lines.

UT better make a move early enough that the current players know who the HC will be next year. If UT is somehow lucky enough to lure Meyer it may be enough to keep some of its best players one more year like Ossai. If Texas delays the seemingly inevitable or cuts TH, but makes a lackluster hire the Longhorns will be like LSU is this year minus the defending national champions moniker.

My friend Nick asked me to get some information on this Herman fellow. Seems he has turned in an application at the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Clinic in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Currently, we have an opening. If accepted, he will take Butch Jones’s place as an intern, which involves pouring coffee and keeping Saban’s jar of Little Debbie cakes filled. He’ll also be responsible for ordering the cigars for the annual post-Tennessee game celebration. Nick will look the other way if Tom sneaks a smoke. Since THE University of Texas will be paying Mr. Herman millions to NOT coach their Longhorns, we don’t see the need to offer him a salary or a per-diem. He was wise to get his application in early. We already have applications coming in, including from a guy named Muschamp, and some angry looking fellow wearing khakis. 

• LOL! 1

38 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

My friend Nick asked me to get some information on this Herman fellow. Seems he has turned in an application at the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Clinic in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Currently, we have an opening. If accepted, he will take Butch Jones’s place as an intern, which involves pouring coffee and keeping Saban’s jar of Little Debbie cakes filled. He’ll also be responsible for ordering the cigars for the annual post-Tennessee game celebration. Nick will look the other way if Tom sneaks a smoke. Since THE University of Texas will be paying Mr. Herman millions to NOT coach their Longhorns, we don’t see the need to offer him a salary or a per-diem. He was wise to get his application in early. We already have applications coming in, including from a guy named Muschamp, and some angry looking fellow wearing khakis. 

That angry looking fellow wearing khakis got beat at home to a winless Penn State team. 
Talk about terrible, Harbaugh at Michigan has quite possibly turned out to be the absolute worst hire ever when going in it seemed like a slam dunk that’d set Michigan up for years of success. Crazy.

32 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That angry looking fellow wearing khakis got beat at home to a winless Penn State team. 
Talk about terrible, Harbaugh at Michigan has quite possibly turned out to be the absolute worst hire ever when going in it seemed like a slam dunk that’d set Michigan up for years of success. Crazy.

Yes we’re not sure if Mr. Harbaugh has the right attitude for our program. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I would not judge any program or Coach solely based off this weird season. 

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

They start dropping Herm has to go that much sooner.

Nothing left to play for.  Doubt he'll be the last one.  Honestly, why not play Thompson, Card, or JQJ at QB and get a glimpse of what you'll be working with next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

But winning is really hard, even with a senior qb

Ha, well, the winning opportunity has passed and we can only look to the future.

Thank you Sam for your dedication to and love for the University of Texas.

It is now time to utilize these last three games, which will not help UT win the conference, to see who looks poised to take over at QB. Let’s go ahead and get the battle begun for the starting spot in 2021.

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ha, well, the winning opportunity has passed and we can only look to the future.

Thank you Sam for your dedication to and love for the University of Texas.

It is now time to utilize these last three games, which will not help UT win the conference, to see who looks poised to take over at QB. Let’s go ahead and get the battle begun for the starting spot in 2021.

Will a lame duck coach actually do that for the sake of the next coach to see who his qb should be?  I seriously doubt it.  My guess is you’ll see lots of Sam runs and long drawn out vertical routes again

28 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Nothing left to play for.  Doubt he'll be the last one.  Honestly, why not play Thompson, Card, or JQJ at QB and get a glimpse of what you'll be working with next year.

At this point the best thing that kid can do for Texas is be healthy and get drafted in the 1st round. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with Cosmi's decision. It would be different if there was something to play for, but we are playing for a mid range bowl game that might not even be played. Cosmi is about to get drafted and become a millionaire. No reason to put his future on the line for meaningless games against the state of Kansas.

5 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't have a problem with Cosmi's decision. It would be different if there was something to play for, but we are playing for a mid range bowl game that might not even be played. Cosmi is about to get drafted and become a millionaire. No reason to put his future on the line for meaningless games against the state of Kansas.

I agree with this. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Under an hour until the opening of the work week. Will CDC make a move this week or even as soon as this morning?

If you ask me, no decision will be made on Herman this year. But then again I don't know the forces that be behind the scenes. I'm sure some boosters are pressuring CDC to take some action.

The thing that bothers me probably the most about Herman (and I may have already stated this) is how he is such a pushover after a loss. In no way do I listen to him speak and feel like there's any kind of confidence in his words or demeanor. He looks like a deer in the headlights every time I see him on the sideline or in his presser. The dude is just SOFT.