🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

I was hoping to get this on the 1st page to look back at the end of the cycle to review it but 2 isn’t bad. 

List your top 5 most coveted recruit for 2021....non committed. 
1. Brockermeyer x2

2. Savion Byrd

3. Landon Jackson

4. Jojo Earle

5. Camar Wheaton

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

That would be very interesting. 
In my original post the idea was that Ehlinger was lost with a season ending injury. God forbid, but if that were to happen in game 2 which QB starts game 3 to get you ready for Big12 play in a year that Herman has to have to keep his job. 

I love Card and think he’s going to be a stud but it would be interesting. 

Thompson just reminds of a forever backup. I nearly think if it had come to "nutcutting" time this year with a real long-term emergency Johnson would have quickly been a QB again!!!

34 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Any guys expected to make an impact as true Freshman?

Bijan will for see the field at RB. 
Broughton will probably see the field, as will Collins if they can land him. 

I think those 3 are the easiest to pick out but with new coordinators it hard to say. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Any guys expected to make an impact as true Freshman?

I could see Broughton getting some rotation along the DL since he's an EE.

Think I saw Omeire is an EE, and if so I could see him getting some snaps.

Bijan definitely.

The rest probably red shirt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I was hoping to get this on the 1st page to look back at the end of the cycle to review it but 2 isn’t bad. 

List your top 5 most coveted recruit for 2021....non committed. 
1. Brockermeyer x2

2. Savion Byrd

3. Landon Jackson

4. Jojo Earle

5. Camar Wheaton

Definately the Brockermeyer's.  Herman can't mess this up.  Tommy gets all the press, but James got rave reviews at the future 50 thing this past weekend at Center.  I think he'll be knocking on the door as a top 100 prospect in the end, the knock on him so far is his weight.

Byrd will probably drop from a 5*.  Main Rivals guy said he struggled, although he played exclusively DT this past season for Duncanville, so that's not a surprise going to OT reps.

I just don't see Jackson at Texas.  He's an a&m legacy.  This will be like the Collins recruitment IMO.  He'll visit Texas some, Texas will think they may have a chance, but in the end he'll go to a&m.  Jackson and Sanders would be an elite DE haul though.  I'm curious if maybe Derrick Harris could end up as DE/stand-up OLB.

Definately want Quay Davis back.  He's got some Dez Bryant in him.

Tunmise is a wild card.  He likes Texas, but hated Orlando's scheme. 

I hope Texas lands 1 of Wheaton or LJ Johnson.

Texas needs to land some stud CB's for this class as well.  Ibraheem is a must get.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Bijan will for see the field at RB. 
Broughton will probably see the field, as will Collins if they can land him. 

I think those 3 are the easiest to pick out but with new coordinators it hard to say. 

Do you think they keep RJ at RB with Ingram, Whittington (if he doesn't move to receiver) and Bijan? AND Daniel Young?

Needless to say, Texas will be pretty well of at that position barring any injuries.

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Do you think they keep RJ at RB with Ingram, Whittington (if he doesn't move to receiver) and Bijan? AND Daniel Young?

Needless to say, Texas will be pretty well of at that position barring any injuries.

Herman has already said that Johnson will work as a QB in the spring.  He said that’s what they recruited him as and what they told him when recruiting him.  Him moving to RB was him wanting to help the team, not being asked to.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Thompson just reminds of a forever backup. I nearly think if it had come to "nutcutting" time this year with a real long-term emergency Johnson would have quickly been a QB again!!!

I thought he looked pretty smooth running the football. He threw the ball well when he threw it. He seemed to have the same problem as Sam - wait until the WR is "wide" open before throwing. Honestly, in my opinion, he looked as good as Sam did when he first played as a freshman. Saying all that, I don't ever expect him to play QB here unless injuries require it. The two guys coming in seem to be the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think he stays at RB. I believe if he wants a professional career, that’s more likely to happen as a RB. Texas is trying to get another RB to sign on NSD2. If they get one I wouldn’t be surprised to see Whittington move to the slot and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Young grad transfer(I’m not sure of his classroom status). 

3 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Looks like Epps will get a look at TE in the spring. He played WR this year, could be the Blake Jarwin type guy that Yurrich had when he was at Okie St. He doesn't have a ton of speed, but with his size he would be a great mismatch.

Great opportunity for Epps. He just didn't have the speed to compete at WR. At TE he can use his body size, and he should be able to get open more often against LBs and safeties playing the run.

58 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas RB coach Stan Drayton is interviewing for the Dallas Cowboys RB coaching vacancy today. 

I'm torn on this one. As a Cowboys fan, this would be a GREAT hire! As a Longhorn fan, this would be a huge loss. 

• Like 1