🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Me either. 

A name floating around for that job is Jay Valai. High school at Colleyville Heritage , played at Wisconsin, worked at Georgia with Smart/ Kansas City Chiefs, and Rutgers with Ash. 

I don’t care who they get, as long as they teach them to get their heads turned around and looking for the ball in the air.  I got so sick of a covered receiver catching a ball uncontested

• Like 2

Regarding shepherd, A&M mods are saying as of today he wants to be an Aggie and is doing everything in his power to be able to enroll. He is behind academically but not terribly so. He is still working on getting the details done, but the kid was in college station today and wants to be at A&M. If the grades don’t work out it’s looking like he goes juco and can likely graduate in December and become a member of the 2021 class. Will he still want A&M at that point? Will A&M want him and have room? It’s very up in the air. Should know more by end of the week. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Regarding shepherd, A&M mods are saying as of today he wants to be an Aggie and is doing everything in his power to be able to enroll. He is behind academically but not terribly so. He is still working on getting the details done, but the kid was in college station today and wants to be at A&M. If the grades don’t work out it’s looking like he goes juco and can likely graduate in December and become a member of the 2021 class. Will he still want A&M at that point? Will A&M want him and have room? It’s very up in the air. Should know more by end of the week. 

They also said Brewster was truly in play.  He wasn’t.  Shepherd is academically ineligible as of now from everything I’ve seen lately.  He’s not with the team in Austin.  It’s looking like Juco now.  I’ll be surprised if he ever plays D1 ball

45 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They also said Brewster was truly in play.  He wasn’t.  Shepherd is academically ineligible as of now from everything I’ve seen lately.  He’s not with the team in Austin.  It’s looking like Juco now.  I’ll be surprised if he ever plays D1 ball

How would you know what Brewster truly was... Just because he chose to stay doesn’t mean he wasn’t in play. You have no clue what goes on behind closed doors.  

He’s not with the team in Austin because he doesn’t want to be at Texas anymore. If his grades were that far gone A&M wouldn’t even be wasting their time with him when they have limited spots. they would just recruit him in again later. But they literally have stopped recruiting 2020 guys and saved a spot for him in a class that’s tight in numbers because they think they might can get him in. Somethings not adding up in this story. Either A&M and Jimbo are so bad at their jobs that they would waste time in a hopeless cause, or his grade situation isn’t quite as bad as Texas mods have implied. 

He very well may go juco, but you don’t know a thing about it either way. Just a couple of weeks ago (no grades have gone in since then) Texas mods were talking about he might stay and Herman was trying to get him to. That doesn’t sound like someone who is so far gone he will never play D1 ball. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

How would you know what Brewster truly was... Just because he chose to stay doesn’t mean he wasn’t in play. You have no clue what goes on behind closed doors.  

He’s not with the team in Austin because he doesn’t want to be at Texas anymore. If his grades were that far gone A&M wouldn’t even be wasting their time with him when they have limited spots. they would just recruit him in again later. But they literally have stopped recruiting 2020 guys and saved a spot for him in a class that’s tight in numbers because they think they might can get him in. Somethings not adding up in this story. Either A&M and Jimbo are so bad at their jobs that they would waste time in a hopeless cause, or his grade situation isn’t quite as bad as Texas mods have implied. 

He very well may go juco, but you don’t know a thing about it either way. Just a couple of weeks ago (no grades have gone in since then) Texas mods were talking about he might stay and Herman was trying to get him to. That doesn’t sound like someone who is so far gone he will never play D1 ball. 

And once again, those Aggie mods are the gospel truth in your eyes.  UNC guys had already spoke to Brewster and you went with your guys. That conversation prolly took place behind closed doors too.   Safe to say your mods had no clue if they did either.  

as far as Shepherd, if you remember I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he picked either place, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he transferred out after a year.  Here we sit about a year from then and he’s leaving Texas.  If it’s grades, he’s Juco.  Everything I’ve seen is he’s going Juco.  He’s behind academically you say.  That’s in one year.    But you also say he can graduate Juco by December.  How’s that possible if he’s behind?  He’d be doubling up spring/fall and taking summer classes too.  Spring classes start this week at lots of jucos in Texas.  We should see pretty soon what his status as a D1 player is.  I wouldn’t bet on him as of now.  

Shepherd is no longer listed on the official Texas Football website on the roster.  I think they’ve cut ties for a reason.  I may not know a thing about it in your opinion, but the writing is on the wall.  It was in black and white about Brewster, you were wrong. 

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

And once again, those Aggie mods are the gospel truth in your eyes.  UNC guys had already spoke to Brewster and you went with your guys. That conversation prolly took place behind closed doors too.   Safe to say your mods had no clue if they did either.  

as far as Shepherd, if you remember I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he picked either place, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he transferred out after a year.  Here we sit about a year from then and he’s leaving Texas.  If it’s grades, he’s Juco.  Everything I’ve seen is he’s going Juco.  He’s behind academically you say.  That’s in one year.    But you also say he can graduate Juco by December.  How’s that possible if he’s behind?  He’d be doubling up spring/fall and taking summer classes too.  Spring classes start this week at lots of jucos in Texas.  We should see pretty soon what his status as a D1 player is.  I wouldn’t bet on him as of now.  

Shepherd is no longer listed on the official Texas Football website on the roster.  I think they’ve cut ties for a reason.  I may not know a thing about it in your opinion, but the writing is on the wall.  It was in black and white about Brewster, you were wrong. 

As one of your Texas fans already stated in the other thread and you ignored it, Texas mods were talking Brewster to A&M was possible before even a single A&M mod said something. Stop making this about A&M mods. Not one A&M mod said it was a done deal. They said there were talks. Even texas mods were saying that. So why are you so excited to jump on them for being wrong when they literally just said the same thing Texas mods were saying? You need to learn the difference in a mod talking about a possibility and a mod laying his cards on the table and saying it is for sure happening. I know you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed but there is a difference in the two. Maybe not to a tool who just can’t wait to bash anything A&M, but there’s a difference none the less. Learn it. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

As one of your Texas fans already stated in the other thread and you ignored it, Texas mods were talking Brewster to A&M was possible before even a single A&M mod said something. Stop making this about A&M mods. Not one A&M mod said it was a done deal. They said there were talks. Even texas mods were saying that. So why are you so excited to jump on them for being wrong when they literally just said the same thing Texas mods were saying? You need to learn the difference in a mod talking about a possibility and a mod laying his cards on the table and saying it is for sure happening. I know you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed but there is a difference in the two. Maybe not to a tool who just can’t wait to bash anything A&M, but there’s a difference none the less. Learn it. 

I’m not making it about them.  I’m saying it is you believe them even when they’re wrong no matter what.  I don’t care what a mod at Inside Texas said either.  The UNC guy had obviously spoken to Brewster himself and said it was nothing more than his agent getting him a raise.  He wasn’t leaving.  I didn’t see it happening even before I read that, but whatever.   I acknowledge no aTm mod said it was a done deal.  You said it was possible, I said it most likely wasn’t happening.  I never said or even acted as if the Aggie mods said it was a done deal.  I just said the UNC side  said it wasn’t happening.  You need to learn that difference.  I know you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed but there’s a difference.  I said the UNC side said said it wasn’t happening.  Sounds like they had the insight.  But to a tool that just likes to argue and can’t mutter the words “I.was.wrong” , maybe you should try to be open to what someone other that an Aggie mod says.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m not making it about them.  I’m saying it is you believe them even when they’re wrong no matter what.  I don’t care what a mod at Inside Texas said either.  The UNC guy had obviously spoken to Brewster himself and said it was nothing more than his agent getting him a raise.  He wasn’t leaving.  I didn’t see it happening even before I read that, but whatever.   I acknowledge no aTm mod said it was a done deal.  You said it was possible, I said it most likely wasn’t happening.  I never said or even acted as if the Aggie mods said it was a done deal.  I just said the UNC side  said it wasn’t happening.  You need to learn that difference.  I know you’re not the sharpest tool in the shed but there’s a difference.  I said the UNC side said said it wasn’t happening.  Sounds like they had the insight.  But to a tool that just likes to argue and can’t mutter the words “I.was.wrong” , maybe you should try to be open to what someone other that an Aggie mod says.

But they weren’t wrong... that’s what you can’t grasp. If they never said it was a done deal, they only said it was a possibility, then they were right: Talks were made between the two. That’s fact. That’s all A&M mods were saying. And no Aggies on this site said they even thought it was likely. They just said it was possible. Which it was. You came on here from the first minute it was being talked about with some sort of point to prove like you were all knowing, but nobody ever disagreed with you. Nobody ever said he would for sure leave or anything like that. You created this idea in your little head that Aggies thought something or said something and none of that was said or thought. This whole “you were believing Aggie mods like gospel when they were wrong” doesn’t even make sense because neither me nor them ever claimed this was even close to a done deal. 

I don’t give two #### what you think you know about the situation. You are too obsessed with me or A&M mods being wrong that you can’t even comprehend your own damn argument... 

and why would I say I was wrong... I never once claimed I even thought Brewster would come to A&M. All I ever said was it’s possible. I never even said I thought he would. My argument was always that just because one unc mod says something doesn’t make it true. Every single mod on every site has said something and been wrong before, that’s just facts. All I said was let the situation play out before you just believe the unc mod. That’s not me saying I think A&M mods were right, it’s lets gather all the facts before making judgment. I don’t know why this is so hard to grasp. 

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

But they weren’t wrong... that’s what you can’t grasp. If they never said it was a done deal, they only said it was a possibility, then they were right: Talks were made between the two. That’s fact. That’s all A&M mods were saying. And no Aggies on this site said they even thought it was likely. They just said it was possible. Which it was. You came on here from the first minute it was being talked about with some sort of point to prove like you were all knowing, but nobody ever disagreed with you. Nobody ever said he would for sure leave or anything like that. You created this idea in your little head that Aggies thought something or said something and none of that was said or thought. This whole “you were believing Aggie mods like gospel when they were wrong” doesn’t even make sense because neither me nor them ever claimed this was even close to a done deal. 

I don’t give two #### what you think you know about the situation. You are too obsessed with me or A&M mods being wrong that you can’t even comprehend your own damn argument... 

and why would I say I was wrong... I never once claimed I even thought Brewster would come to A&M. All I ever said was it’s possible. I never even said I thought he would. My argument was always that just because one unc mod says something doesn’t make it true. Every single mod on every site has said something and been wrong before, that’s just facts. All I said was let the situation play out before you just believe the unc mod. That’s not me saying I think A&M mods were right, it’s lets gather all the facts before making judgment. I don’t know why this is so hard to grasp. 

Talks could’ve been had.  Sure, they happen all the time.   
talks could’ve been made between Texas and Nick Saban 6 years ago as well.  Jimbo Fisher talked to Texas.  Paul Menarie Talked to Texas as well before Pearce was hired.  Talks happen for a variety of reasons.  Brewster got a good raise out of them.  Those talks led some to believe there was a chance that wasn’t really there.  Like was said, it would’ve taken a large sum of money to lure him back away from Chapel Hill, prolly a lot more than a position coach was worth and more than aTm would consider.  Brewster was home 

I just don’t believe there was a possibility.  According to what I read.  You believed there was.  That’s where you were wrong.  You believed something being reported that wasn’t true.   I believe a mod that covers the university the guy works at would have better sources or even actually spoke to the man himself.  He was telling he knew it wouldn’t happen as if he had.

Did this last year about this time...so thought i'd do it again

My WAY too early Longhorn 2020 schedule prediction

South Florida: This one would've been a lot more fun had strong been in charge. USF could either be really good under the new HC or really bad...but I don't think it will be either at this point. Competitive game that UT wins

@ LSU: This is going to be Ohio State in 2005 & 2006 one way or the other...either UT uses it as a spring board to a NC caliber run or it foretells another 8-9 win season that could've been so much more. I will be pleasantly surprised if UT goes into Baton Rouge and walks out with a W, but don't see it happening here. **My caveat to this is IF Brady goes somewhere else, UT has a very realistic chance.

UTEP: No way in hades UT loses this one...fire everyone immediately if it happens

@ Kansas State: bye week before opening Big 12 play = the more talented team should prevail. Give me the Horns

Oklahoma: 2nd big test for the defense under Ash. OU losing Lamb is much harder to swallow than Hurts. I think UT has a chance to win this one by more than 1 score.

West Virginia: Trap game deluxe! If the Horns are 4-1 or 5-0, I feel good about it. If they are anything else, chalk this one up as an L.

@ Texas Tech: I feel like a lot of these games in a row feel like the above. If UT is winning, I feel good about them, if they have lost more than 1 by this point, yikes. UT is much more talented, but Tech will be ready. Still think that UT should win.

Baylor: A lot of this one hinges on who gets hired in Waco. Rhule had them going in the right direction mentality wise and scheme wise. Do they keep that momentum? At home, UT should prevail but this one could be competitive no matter UTs record.

@ Kansas: I keep coming back to...this whole season hinges on what happens through Oct. 10th. IF UT has lost multiple games after that point, this has all the makings of Strong's final game against Kansas. If they are still in the hunt, then I think they will be fine. 

TCU: The good news is this one is in Austin. This one will be tough no matter where it is thanks to TCU still having Patterson. I think UT drops 1 of 2 between TCU and ISU...im going with it being ISU.

Iowa State: A long run without a bye, a tough opponent, season could be in shambles or pressure packed with a chance at a Playoff appearance...I think Campbell and company slam the door (either on Herman's tenure, or the playoff chances) either way. 

@ Oklahoma State: Nothing about this game is appealing. UT enters undefeated to a probably night game in Stillwater? That place will be rocking. UT enters disappointed fresh off a loss and probable elimination? That place will be rocking. UT enters in shambles of another .500 campaign? That place will be rocking. The 3 game stretch to end the year (while no SEC West gauntlet) is still a tough road to travel and it catches up to UT and Herman. 

Honest thoughts? 9-3

Way orange glasses? 11-2

Not gonna be surprised? 5-7

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TxFight said:

Did this last year about this time...so thought i'd do it again

My WAY too early Longhorn 2020 schedule prediction

South Florida: This one would've been a lot more fun had strong been in charge. USF could either be really good under the new HC or really bad...but I don't think it will be either at this point. Competitive game that UT wins

@ LSU: This is going to be Ohio State in 2005 & 2006 one way or the other...either UT uses it as a spring board to a NC caliber run or it foretells another 8-9 win season that could've been so much more. I will be pleasantly surprised if UT goes into Baton Rouge and walks out with a W, but don't see it happening here. **My caveat to this is IF Brady goes somewhere else, UT has a very realistic chance.

UTEP: No way in hades UT loses this one...fire everyone immediately if it happens

@ Kansas State: bye week before opening Big 12 play = the more talented team should prevail. Give me the Horns

Oklahoma: 2nd big test for the defense under Ash. OU losing Lamb is much harder to swallow than Hurts. I think UT has a chance to win this one by more than 1 score.

West Virginia: Trap game deluxe! If the Horns are 4-1 or 5-0, I feel good about it. If they are anything else, chalk this one up as an L.

@ Texas Tech: I feel like a lot of these games in a row feel like the above. If UT is winning, I feel good about them, if they have lost more than 1 by this point, yikes. UT is much more talented, but Tech will be ready. Still think that UT should win.

Baylor: A lot of this one hinges on who gets hired in Waco. Rhule had them going in the right direction mentality wise and scheme wise. Do they keep that momentum? At home, UT should prevail but this one could be competitive no matter UTs record.

@ Kansas: I keep coming back to...this whole season hinges on what happens through Oct. 10th. IF UT has lost multiple games after that point, this has all the makings of Strong's final game against Kansas. If they are still in the hunt, then I think they will be fine. 

TCU: The good news is this one is in Austin. This one will be tough no matter where it is thanks to TCU still having Patterson. I think UT drops 1 of 2 between TCU and ISU...im going with it being ISU.

Iowa State: A long run without a bye, a tough opponent, season could be in shambles or pressure packed with a chance at a Playoff appearance...I think Campbell and company slam the door (either on Herman's tenure, or the playoff chances) either way. 

@ Oklahoma State: Nothing about this game is appealing. UT enters undefeated to a probably night game in Stillwater? That place will be rocking. UT enters disappointed fresh off a loss and probable elimination? That place will be rocking. UT enters in shambles of another .500 campaign? That place will be rocking. The 3 game stretch to end the year (while no SEC West gauntlet) is still a tough road to travel and it catches up to UT and Herman. 

Honest thoughts? 9-3

Way orange glasses? 11-2

Not gonna be surprised? 5-7

I'm interested to see what LSU will do at QB.  Will they go after a grad transfer or stick with Brennan?  Another thing to watch is who leaves early for LSU within the next week. 

I don't see Texas losing any of the home games. 

This team returns a lot of experience, unlike this past season, and a simpler approach defensively will result in a big improvement.

I bet Texas brings in another grad transfer for the OL as well.

Chuba Hubbard should announce soon if he is coming back or not for OSU.

If Herman doesn't reach the Big 12 title game then it'll be back to hitting the reset button more than likely.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I'm interested to see what LSU will do at QB.  Will they go after a grad transfer or stick with Brennan?  Another thing to watch is who leaves early for LSU within the next week. 

I don't see Texas losing any of the home games. 

This team returns a lot of experience, unlike this past season, and a simpler approach defensively will result in a big improvement.

I bet Texas brings in another grad transfer for the OL as well.

Chuba Hubbard should announce soon if he is coming back or not for OSU.

If Herman doesn't reach the Big 12 title game then it'll be back to hitting the reset button more than likely.

Except at WR. Brennan Eagles and Jake Smith (combined for 57 catches) will be the only WR's with double digit receptions.