🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Except at WR. Brennan Eagles and Jake Smith (combined for 57 catches) will be the only WR's with double digit receptions.

Eagles, Smith, and Washington will be the 3 WR's imo.  I think we'll see Kennedy Lewis emerge as well.  Maybe Whittington (if healthy) plays a roll at WR as well.

• Like 1

Texas officially announced Jay Valai as CBs coach and Andre Colman as WRs coach today. 

Neither are splash hires like everyone wants but I like them. Colman actually won his job with the way he recruited prior to NSD1 and his coaching ability during bowl practices. His resume is on par or better than the splashes that were rumored. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas officially announced Jay Valai as CBs coach and Andre Colman as WRs coach today. 

Neither are splash hires like everyone wants but I like them. Colman actually won his job with the way he recruited prior to NSD1 and his coaching ability during bowl practices. His resume is on par or better than the splashes that were rumored. 

The players love Coleman and he learned under Snyder. He's a good teacher and will be a solid recruiter. Valai used to be a trainer in Texas and is from the Metroplex. From what I read he relates to the kids well. Kind of like Carrington, but he is a coach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Who did he help recruit?

29 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Chuba Hubbard returning for Oklahoma State.  That offense is going to be lethal if they all stay healthy.

At this point they may be the favorites in the conference with what OU is losing. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas gets the first real shot to dethrone the defending national champions. Huge offseason for Herman and the Horns begins now. 

I think they have a real shot. I don’t see LSU being on the same planet next year. If it were in Austin I would feel better about calling the upset. 

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas gets the first real shot to dethrone the defending national champions. Huge offseason for Herman and the Horns begins now. 

LSU has Vegas odds to be the #3 team entering next season... I just don’t see it.

34 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU has Vegas odds to be the #3 team entering next season... I just don’t see it.

I don’t either. They lose a lot on both sides of the ball. And let’s face it, I do not think they can execute that offense even remotely the same without burrow. They will get some quick 3 and outs and hang their defense out to dry and it will cost them a game or two next year. 

On 1/14/2020 at 6:44 AM, WETSU said:

I don’t either. They lose a lot on both sides of the ball. And let’s face it, I do not think they can execute that offense even remotely the same without burrow. They will get some quick 3 and outs and hang their defense out to dry and it will cost them a game or two next year. 

I don't think they can operate it WELL without Joe Brady...the Emsminger talk that he was calling the plays...joke...no way, we saw his play calling before Brady came. Steve may mentally retain a little bit, but he's in his 60's (and they had all types of voodoo dolls devoted to the factopinion that they were able to retain Brady)...doubt much of it sunk in or that dog washes off his spots. Burrow was just ok the year before... 

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I don't think they can operate it WELL without Joe Brady...the Emsminger talk that he was calling the plays...joke...no way, we saw his play calling before Brady came. Steve may mentally retain a little bit, but he's in his 60's (and they had all types of voodoo dolls devoted to the factopinion that they were able to retain Brady)...doubt much of it sunk in or that dog washes off his spots. Burrow was just ok the year before... 

Oh yea they will definitely hurt losing Brady. What he did that made this year was the WRs. Burrow was great, but I’ve never seen a team go 4 deep in sure handed receivers that win nearly every 50/50 ball they encounter. Burrow was great, but the WRs at LSU deserve an assist big time on this. Losing them may hurt worse than burrow.