🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

17 hours ago, Red90fly said:

IT thinks Texas will finish the class with Collins, Rakestraw, and Dixon.

They don't expect the Marshall kid to pick Texas.

They have Umanmielen as a wild card and unpredictable.

Expect Texas to grab a grad transfer or two.

It’d be cool for Texas to get Savion and Dixon.

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Before we know it, UT will rocket up the team recruiting rankings. Bijan got bumped up to the #1 RB in the country along with a few others.

Other fan bases will be all puffed up about it quickly. 

Na, Texas probably only takes about 3 more.  Not enough to make top 5.

30 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Texas fans will try to crow about how much quality there is in this class - quality better than quantity and it’ll drive folks crazy.

Well there are years where some teams sign significantly less players than other teams, and it does make a difference. Team A may have more points simply due to signing 3-4 more players whereas Team B has a higher average ranking per player. There's also the punter/kicker factor. Even the top kickers in the nation will have low scores that hurt averages. I'd love to see recruiting rankings for years 2-3 years after signing. For example, where can I find recruiting rankings based on 2017 with players only counting if they are still on the team. Re-rank the players based on their current level of play.  

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Before we know it, UT will rocket up the team recruiting rankings. Bijan got bumped up to the #1 RB in the country along with a few others.

Other fan bases will be all puffed up about it quickly. 

It wouldn’t be February without that happening lol.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Juwan Mitchell is in the transfer portal!

Why?????!!..

He was coming on as a major contributor and was going to be a crucial player next year. 

Yeah that's not good.  He was definately going to start.  Adeoye is going to miss all spring as well with foot surgery.  Texas better grab a JUCO and/or grad transfer.  I'm not sure if Tillman is recovered and in offseason workouts either.  Somebody (or 2) of Foster/Overshown/Owens may get moved down to LB.  David Gbenda better grow up in a hurry.

From Burn Orange Nation

There were concerns about Mitchell’s future, however, when he was the only player to leave the field before the Eyes of Texas following the win over Texas Tech to finish the regular season. Then, in the Alamo Bowl, former walk-on linebacker Cort Jaquess started over Mitchell, who did end up playing significant snaps and recorded five tackles.

Little adversity and something doesn't go your way...tuck tail and run instead of working

• Like 1

Duncanville CB Rakestraw commits/signs with Missouri over Texas and Alabama.

Was wearing a Missouri cap and a Texas hoodie and committed to the Tigers..from Duncanville..

I will never understand these Texas kids who have an offer from an A&M or Texas and another school like Missouri and decide to go there instead of one of their home state universities. I fully understand it’s their life, but it just seems dumb. Most of the time these guys have zero ties to a place like Missouri and grew up in Texas, UT wants them to play at the state capital. I just don’t get it. Missouri over Texas just doesn’t make any sense to me. If he chose Alabama I’d understand that more due to all the success, but Missouri??....

42 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Duncanville CB Rakestraw commits/signs with Missouri over Texas and Alabama.

Was wearing a Missouri cap and a Texas hoodie and committed to the Tigers..from Duncanville..

I will never understand these Texas kids who have an offer from an A&M or Texas and another school like Missouri and decide to go there instead of one of their home state universities. I fully understand it’s their life, but it just seems dumb. Most of the time these guys have zero ties to a place like Missouri and grew up in Texas, UT wants them to play at the state capital. I just don’t get it. Missouri over Texas just doesn’t make any sense to me. If he chose Alabama I’d understand that more due to all the success, but Missouri??....

Just my opinion, but if you look at the three schools involved which team offers the best opportunity for him to get on the field? He could go to all three schools and end up being a stud, average or dud. His chances at being a stud are greater at Mizzou than the other two schools.

Best of luck to Rakestraw but just for after football opportunities Missouri was a bad choice. If it’s just about football and getting on the field as quickly as possible then that’s his best option but kid do a little research on the state and university that you’re going to be connected to. Any FBS university in Texas would’ve been a better spot. 

38 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Just my opinion, but if you look at the three schools involved which team offers the best opportunity for him to get on the field? He could go to all three schools and end up being a stud, average or dud. His chances at being a stud are greater at Mizzou than the other two schools.

Or he may be forced to play before he’s ready and ruin his career.  One will never know