๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

22 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Brandon Jones and Devin Duverney both go in the 3rd round. Jones to Miami and Dev to Baltimore.ย 
ย 

I think Jones can have a 10 year career if he stays healthy and Dev with that offense could do some great things.ย 

Duverney was one of my favorite players early in the year.ย  I can't remember much of what happened to him the 2nd half of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Brandon Jones and Devin Duverney both go in the 3rd round. Jones to Miami and Dev to Baltimore.ย 
ย 

I think Jones can have a 10 year career if he stays healthy and Dev with that offense could do some great things.ย 

Iโ€™m shocked at Jones. ย I felt like his film wouldโ€™ve kept him from being drafted. ย If there ever was a safety that stayed lost in coverage it was him. ย He always seemed to be 2-3 steps behind his man. ย Maybe the Miami staff thinks they can teach him. ย He was more like Dylan Haynes

ย 

baltimore got a steal in the 3rd

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Duverney was one of my favorite players early in the year.ย  I can't remember much of what happened to him the 2nd half of the season.

He had a great complete year:

106 Receptions; #1 Big 12ย and #3 FBS

1386 Receiving Yards; #1 Big 12 and #5 FBS

9 Receiving TD's; #3 Big 12

10 Total TD's; #8 Big 12

1410 Yards from Scrimmage; #2 Big 12

23 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Iโ€™m shocked at Jones. ย I felt like his film wouldโ€™ve kept him from being drafted. ย If there ever was a safety that stayed lost in coverage it was him. ย He always seemed to be 2-3 steps behind his man. ย Maybe the Miami staff thinks they can teach him. ย He was more like Dylan Haynes

ย 

baltimore got a steal in the 3rd

Jones was misused at Texas between 2 defensive staffs. Heโ€™s a box safety with great tackling ability and can cover TE and RB.ย 

19 hours ago, 514 said:

Yes he will. Jacksonville took him.

Iโ€™m very interested to watch him at the next level. He had some of his best games vs the best competition he faced. USC 2017 and OU 2018 are 2 of his best games. When fully healthy heโ€™s a big time target, he can win jump balls, he can win on slants, and back shoulder fades are money because he can use his big body to box out defenders.ย 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Jones was misused at Texas between 2 defensive staffs. Heโ€™s a box safety with great tackling ability and can cover TE and RB.ย 

Maybe so but it did confirm he canโ€™t cover a slot rec, thatโ€™s for dang sure

28 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

TE Landen King committed to Texas tonight.ย 

He started blowing up with offers earlier this year.

He also has an underclassmen teammate that may be the top OL in Texas for the 2022ย class.ย  If Cosmi (went to same HS) gets drafted early next year and King stays on board I wouldn't be surprised if Texas lands him.

• Like 1

You can make a case for King being the top TE in the state.ย  He's not near the receiving TE as Elijah Arroyo, but he may be the more well rounded TE/HB when you factor in blocking, lining up asย  FB/HB, in-line TE stuff.ย  He's only about 210-215 lbs now but looks like a guy who can get up to 240+.

The TE room at Texas finally looks promising going ahead.ย  Brewer, Wiley, Liebrock and now Davis and King.ย  I wouldn't be surprised if Wiley starts over Brewer, he got more PT at the end of the year and is supposedly up to 6'7 255 lbs.

1 minute ago, thegreatbambino said:

Texas lands 2021 DE Jordan Thomas

DL haul for this class is going to be very good.ย  Sanders is a freak and is one of the best DE's Texas has landed in a long time.ย  Harris will be a stand up edge rusher IMO, and Texas looks good for Clayton Smith out of Texarkana.ย  Thomas is more a SDE and could possibly spin inside.ย  I think they'll also try to get Shemar Turner out of Desoto and still shoot for Marcus Burris.

Also, Thomas has a 2022 teammate that will be one of the top DB's in the state so this could help some.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Who's on you guys want list this class?ย  Obviously the Brockermeyer's, but even that may not be a sure thing.ย  Missing on Clayton Smith tomorrow is going to sting.

I want LJ Johnson, Cooks, Foster, and 2-3 stud WRs.ย