๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I get Earl Campbell, as he was the first Heisman winner. But are we adding Ricky Williams just because he's black? I'm not following how that addresses the issue at hand? And what happens when another Texas player wins the Heisman, will they just keep adding names to the field?

James Brown 50 yard line? Fizzy Whittaker left hashmark? Who knows.ย I wonder how them keeping โ€œThe Eyesโ€ is going to sit with the kids who said they wouldnโ€™t play unless it was changed?ย 

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I get Earl Campbell, as he was the first Heisman winner. But are we adding Ricky Williams just because he's black? I'm not following how that addresses the issue at hand? And what happens when another Texas player wins the Heisman, will they just keep adding names to the field?

All time leading rusher when he left.

all american

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

James Brown 50 yard line? Fizzy Whittaker left hashmark? Who knows.ย I wonder how them keeping โ€œThe Eyesโ€ is going to sit with the kids who said they wouldnโ€™t play unless it was changed?ย 

My take is that the Team will stay to sing the song after the game as a Team as I would think that part of the approval of keeping the song was that all parties are good with the direction that is being taken.ย  There may be some outliers that still have an issue with the song but with the concept of Team unity they will stay on the field to sing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

My take is that the Team will stay to sing the song after the game as a Team as I would think that part of the approval of keeping the song was that all parties are good with the direction that is being taken.ย  There may be some outliers that still have an issue with the song but with the concept of Team unity they will stay on the field to sing it.

This is my thinking as well. If you watch LHN postgame show immediately after the game they have cameras panning the players as the Eyes are being played, a lot lift their Horns, some just stand there and talk about something that happened in the game, but very few sing the Eyes. Itโ€™ll be more of that.ย 
The interesting thing will be to watch how the white players react to the Eyes. Will white or black players sing and if they do will there be discontent because of it.ย 

10 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This is my thinking as well. If you watch LHN postgame show immediately after the game they have cameras panning the players as the Eyes are being played, a lot lift their Horns, some just stand there and talk about something that happened in the game, but very few sing the Eyes. Itโ€™ll be more of that.ย 
The interesting thing will be to watch how the white players react to the Eyes. Will white or black players sing and if they do will there be discontent because of it.ย 

Theyโ€™re supposed to educate their student body on the true meaning of the song. ย 

12 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

All time leading rusher when he left.

all american

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Colt McCoy is the schools All Time leading Passer, in yards and TD's. He's also a 2X All American. He's also the 2nd winningest QB in NCAA history.ย 

ย 

Will his name be added to the field too?

Just now, Lobo97 said:

Colt McCoy is the schools All Time leading Passer, in yards and TD's. He's also a 2X All American. He's also the 2nd winningest QB in NCAA history.ย 

Colt McCoy Family First-Down Marker.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

ย 

You know the answer to that question

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

You know the answer to that question

Yes, I do. And that is my point. Any reason for including Ricky Williams, can be used for other players as well. Earl is the only one that makes sense.ย 

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

ย 

No Heisman Trophy

Quinn Ewers looks like he'll be the highest rated QB since Trevor Lawrence and #1 overall recruit in the 22' class.ย  Supposedly he and his dad are big Texas fans.ย  I could see Texas landing him with a big year.ย  If not, he'll head to OU, tOSU, or somewhere like that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Quinn Ewers looks like he'll be the highest rated QB since Trevor Lawrence and #1 overall recruit in the 22' class.ย  Supposedly he and his dad are big Texas fans.ย  I could see Texas landing him with a big year.ย  If not, he'll head to OU, tOSU, or somewhere like that.

If the kid winds up in Ohio Iโ€™ll be sick. Itโ€™s getting old seeing kids leave the state for the Buckeyes.ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

He is going to be a Sooner.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

If the kid winds up in Ohio Iโ€™ll be sick. Itโ€™s getting old seeing kids leave the state for the Buckeyes.ย 

I agree, and not just Ohio. Outside teams that still have connections to the state of Texas...B12 and SEC connections (and even then, it should still be minimal)...I'm tired of seeing these Texas kids go out of state, period.ย 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I agree, and not just Ohio. Outside teams that still have connections to the state of Texas...B12 and SEC connections (and even then, it should still be minimal)...I'm tired of seeing these Texas kids go out of state, period.ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

Norman is closer to Southlake than Austin anyways.ย 

๐Ÿ˜Ž

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Texas boards should be in meltdown mode tomorrow when the Brockermeyer brothers commit to Alabama.

Yep. ย Tom is a good recruiter, but misses out on too many of these higher rated guys. ย Blackshire just committed to Bama