🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

21 hours ago, Red90fly said:

It might would help if a team from Texas made it to the playoff.  Texas is the best bet as they could probably get in with 1 loss.  I don't think a 1 loss Baylor, Tech, or TCU would get in over other name programs.  I don't think A&M can come out of the SEC West to have a chance in the conference championship game.

I don’t think they have to make it there, but they do need to come close.  Look at the stuff above that started this conversation.  OU is 3rd on the list of playoff appearances and I am not really sure when the last time we could say they were a top 5 program in recruiting.  

23 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Negative. I’ve never owned a single thread of LSU gear. I took a lot of 💩 in school for NOT being a LSU, A&M or UT fan. It’s all good though. The haters make me laugh. 

How old are you?  In 99 I am pretty sure I only knew of 3 people at all of Marshall high school that supported LSU.  I am still good friends with one of them and the other served or still serves in the LSU athletic department 

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

How old are you?  In 99 I am pretty sure I only knew of 3 people at all of Marshall high school that supported LSU.  I am still good friends with one of them and the other served or still serves in the LSU athletic department 

I didn’t live in Marshall. We’ve been covered up with people wearing purple and yellow around here since the’80s. 

18 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

But since you’re so interested, I’m willing to help. I’m in charge of screening new BAMA bandwagon fans. If you’d like I can pm you an application. 

F1F88E08-0109-4D03-93CC-3D47679B3852.jpeg

I can’t find the login TB?

41 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Negative. I’ve never owned a single thread of LSU gear. I took a lot of 💩 in school for NOT being a LSU, A&M or UT fan. It’s all good though. The haters make me laugh. 

5F5BC6D4-F828-4C33-AE8A-3F70A47D6210.jpeg

To be honest, I don’t think TB has owned much Bama gear either. Obviously.

How much impact do you think the past 15 years of out of staters coming in has played on recruiting? If Mama and Daddy are Geaux Tigahs, aren’t you more likely to be? Even if you did grow up in Texas? Add that to the up and down levels of play in the top Texas programs and it seems like a bad recipe. 

Just now, Stoney said:

How much impact do you think the past 15 years of out of staters coming in has played on recruiting? If Mama and Daddy are Geaux Tigahs, aren’t you more likely to be? Even if you did grow up in Texas? Add that to the up and down levels of play in the top Texas programs and it seems like a bad recipe. 

I don’t disagree. The Brockmeyers are a prime example. UT legacy recruits that go elsewhere for an opportunity at more success and a better shot at the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Some of Texas’ worst years for player development and S&C.  I don’t recall many of those recruits being 5* OL recruits.

Texas is actually doing a good job developing the lower ranked guys they’re getting now, it would just speed up the rebuild by landing kids like the OT brockermeyer now.  

I said 4 or 5 star. 

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I know what you said, and I said very few if any of that list were 5*.  Texas has recently missed on a few of those gotta have OL that left the state.  

That’s why I think this decision was more about the other brother. 

Texas has not shown they can develop that kid into a NFL guy. Alabama has.

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t disagree. The Brockmeyers are a prime example. UT legacy recruits that go elsewhere for an opportunity at more success and a better shot at the NFL. 

The one brother will go to the nfl regardless of where he plays his college ball.  He went to Bama because of his brother

47 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That’s why I think this decision was more about the other brother. 

Texas has not shown they can develop that kid into a NFL guy. Alabama has.

I fully agree on the other brother.  That’s why I was #### that herman didn’t want him.  Don’t take a project OL by himself, but if he’s paired with a 5* can’t miss you take him

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

LSU fans in Texas were rare until Katrina

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Not really, I know several folks I grew up with that were traitors before Katrina.

Maybe if UT hadn’t adopted the motto “Striving for Mediocrity” some of those people wouldn’t have gone looking for a better team. 

• LOL! 4

7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Maybe if UT hadn’t adopted the motto “Striving for Mediocrity” some of those people wouldn’t have gone looking for a better team. 

End of Mack Brown and Charlie Strong Era motto: "We only win in February!"

34 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

In 3... 2... 1...  but we don't need to play Texas. They need us. And my opinion is neither team needs the other to get to the playoffs. If both teams were to go undefeated, both would be in the playoff - PERIOD. But this was a historical match-up that many times saw the underdog win. When Texas fans state the OU game was more important, it was due to the fact that the OU/Texas game were bigger match-ups in the context of rankings at the time played. It also had a larger impact on recruiting in my opinion. This was back when players were more apt to choose the college they grew up admiring if offered. So the Aggies were going to get theirs and the Longhorns were going to get theirs for the most part. The OU game was big to keep kids from crossing the border to play in Oklahoma. Today it seems more like what can you do for me. What's the dorm or apartment situation, how cool is the locker room, what extra gear do we get, etc... Out of state recruiting has become the norm. I'd love to see this game return.