🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I don't think they can operate it WELL without Joe Brady...the Emsminger talk that he was calling the plays...joke...no way, we saw his play calling before Brady came. Steve may mentally retain a little bit, but he's in his 60's (and they had all types of voodoo dolls devoted to the factopinion that they were able to retain Brady)...doubt much of it sunk in or that dog washes off his spots. Burrow was just ok the year before... 

LSU has 3-4 losses without Burrow this year.  I’ve been extremely impressed with his ability.  He made 50/50 balls more like 75/25.  He put throws in places only his guy would get it

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

LSU has 3-4 losses without Burrow this year.  I’ve been extremely impressed with his ability.  He made 50/50 balls more like 75/25.  He put throws in places only his guy would get it

same offensive team and players last season...why wasn't 16TD Burrow leading them to an undefeated season...if he was the straw that stirred that NCAA championship drink?

8 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Looks like OU RB coach Jay Boulware will be the new TE/ST coach.

@Valhalla @AKA isn't he regarded as one of the better recruiters on the OU staff?  Also saw that he coached TE's before switching to RB coach.

Nope, I would rank him as the lowest recruiter of anybody on the offensive staff at Oklahoma.

You can have him been waiting on that move for awhile. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

same offensive team and players last season...why wasn't 16TD Burrow leading them to an undefeated season...if he was the straw that stirred that NCAA championship drink

Burrow started thriving late season last year as the opener up the offense more.  You got a better glimpse at his arm talent.  Then Brady put in a more user friendly offense with better spacing and Burrow really thrived.  Less thinking, more doing.  Go back and watch how he threw his receivers open, his mobility in the pocket and ability to extend a play to find an open receiver.  If it weren’t for him they didn’t leave Austin with a win.  Sometimes your gameplan holds players back.

• Stinks 1

25 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

@Valhalla @AKA isn't he regarded as one of the better recruiters on the OU staff?  Also saw that he coached TE's before switching to RB coach.

Um...  not so much. 

If I won a some kinda promotional contest where they let an alumni fire one of the current coaches, Boulware would be third on my list behind Ruffin (never gonna happen) and Thibodeaux. 

That's not to say he won't do well for y'all, but in my mind he's long since been deadweight as a holdover from Stoops bloated staff.

Offhand I can't think of any big fish that he was directly responsible for, recruiting-wise. Though @Valhalla keeps up with recruiting a lot better than I do. 

23 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

same offensive team and players last season...why wasn't 16TD Burrow leading them to an undefeated season...if he was the straw that stirred that NCAA championship drink?

I’ve said this once already but I’ll say it again.  Some of you guys ripped me for calling Burrow a good QB last season.  The guy was highly accurate last year, but LSU ran a lot of 3 and 4 man routes.  This year he got to go through progressions with 5 receivers on every route.  That’s not the coaches making those reads, that’s Burrow.  Give me a break.  The guy is fantastic, smart, and great QB in the college game.  He was almost wasted in a Les Miles system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Nope, I would rank him as the lowest recruiter of anybody on the offensive staff at Oklahoma.

You can have him been waiting on that move for awhile. 

Lol, you're not a little concerned that one of your coaches leaves with all that inside knowledge to go to the worst place possible... you're biggest rival?!?

7 minutes ago, Vernon said:

Lol, you're not a little concerned that one of your coaches leaves with all that inside knowledge to go to the worst place possible... you're biggest rival?!?

Nope. 

The guy who he is giving the knowledge to doesn’t really concern me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Looks like OU RB coach Jay Boulware will be the new TE/ST coach.

I don’t know if he’s a rainmaker recruiter or not but he had Jaylon Knighton and McCellan both committed at one point and then got McGowen. Maybe he wasn’t the primary recruiter for any of those guys but they committed knowing he was their position coach. At Texas he’ll coach TE/ST, Texas has a very solid group of TEs already on campus and have apparently moved Epps there. Boulware does a solid track record of recruiting and sending kickers to the league. 
I like the hire and I think Herman has done a good job during this staff turnover of interviewing multiple candidates for each position to find the guys he wanted. Recruiting is very important but I hope he is hiring strong developers and guys that can coach their position. 

20 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Nope. 

The guy who he is giving the knowledge to doesn’t really concern me.

Even though your team has been beaten by that coach/team and should’ve lost them twice in one season?  OU had a better win against UT this past season, but don’t act like Oklahoma has walked all over Texas since Herman arrived, because it’s not accurate. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Even though your team has been beaten by that coach/team and should’ve lost them twice in one season?  OU had a better win against UT this past season, but don’t act like Oklahoma has walked all over Texas since Herman arrived, because it’s not accurate. 

That’s called winning. 

24 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s fine, act that way, but you know the refs’ calls and non-calls helped OU win that game.

It was vice-versa in the first matchup that Texas escaped in.

The whole premise of the Big 12 is set up for the betterment of Texas and yet they still can’t produce a season with less than 4 losses. It’s kind of ironic honestly.

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It was vice-versa in the first matchup that Texas escaped in.

The whole premise of the Big 12 is set up for the betterment of Texas and yet they still can’t produce a season with less than 4 losses. It’s kind of ironic honestly.

It was the refs fault you couldn’t stop the qb power?  The only reason that game was close is Herman took his foot off the gas.  Texas could’ve scored 65 in that game.  Yes the refs changed the outcome of that following matchup in the Big12 CG.  This year Texas offensive game plan was atrocious and it was still a 7 pt game

20 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Alfred Collins and Princely Umanmielen are both on campus.  Landing those 2 would close out an elite DL haul for this class.  Already have arguably the best pass rusher in-state committed for the 21' class in Sanders.

Recruits are addicted to promises of hope lol.

• Stinks 2

19 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We shall see, sir!! Basketball team sure didn’t help Herman with a big win against the Jayhawks....... 🤦‍♂️

I just talked to a guy in Texarkana I know.  His son plays at PG.  he says Jackson hasn’t said one way or the other, but a lot assume it’s aTm