🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What’s the Horns boards saying about LJ Johnson? 247 putting in some CBs for him to Austin. Hoped he’d be an Aggie but not looking that way at the moment.

TFB said this morning Texas could be getting a surprise high profile recruit and it should happen soon, but looks like other boards are saying a LJ commitment could be a while, so either this is a recruiting site stand off or the TFB bit is another recruit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

That means Wheaton is going to be a Sooner to me.

It’s weird. We’ve ramped up out of state recruiting. We’re doing a decent job with instate defense prospects. O-line, QB, WR, TE....holding our own. Running back for some reason hasn’t been that good. No LJ this year. The Zach Evans fiasco. OU pulling 2 top backs out of Texas last year. Kinda weird.

58 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It’s weird. We’ve ramped up out of state recruiting. We’re doing a decent job with instate defense prospects. O-line, QB, WR, TE....holding our own. Running back for some reason hasn’t been that good. No LJ this year. The Zach Evans fiasco. OU pulling 2 top backs out of Texas last year. Kinda weird.

Tommie Robinson was at Texas not to long ago and the general consensus was he wasn't that great of a recruiter so who knows.

14 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Tommie Robinson was at Texas not to long ago and the general consensus was he wasn't that great of a recruiter so who knows.

Glad to see he’s living up to his reputation. Lol

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas basically has 3—3 game seasons with the way their byes fall. 
*excluding the opener vs UTEP of course. 

And that seems like a good way to do it in case something comes up with schools.  I know the ACC schedule has been released but haven't looked to see if they have a similar setup.

I may be punished for this but I’m getting pretty excited about the practice reports that we’re seeing on Troy Omerie. 

He’s making highlight reel catches and taking 1st reps away from Eagles. He’s winning jumps balls of course but we’re also hearing he’s getting separation on go routes. The “insiders” are already saying hello see plenty of playing time this year but If Eagles continues to be inconsistent we could see a lot of Omerie this fall. 

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I may be punished for this but I’m getting pretty excited about the practice reports that we’re seeing on Troy Omerie. 

He’s making highlight reel catches and taking 1st reps away from Eagles. He’s winning jumps balls of course but we’re also hearing he’s getting separation on go routes. The “insiders” are already saying hello see plenty of playing time this year but If Eagles continues to be inconsistent we could see a lot of Omerie this fall. 

The roster is in as good shape talent wise as its been on a long time ( Decade + ).  Night and day difference between now and late Mack/Strong era.  Herman just needs to win now.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 9:08 AM, JustAFan11 said:

Seeing he may have tore his ACL in the scrimmage today.  Non-contact injury.

On 8/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Red90fly said:

From Colt McCoy's last game until Tom Herman arrived, the QB room was dreadful at Texas and now look at it.

I'm looking and I see a bunch of unprovens.  I don't think it matters what dudes are in that room as long as the same coaches are coaching them up.  Riley takes everyone's leftovers in Norman and makes them Heisman winners. Herman so far has taken decent QBs absolutely nowhere. Time will tell I guess, but I'm not sure Herman is gonna get it done. 

• Like 2