๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Yep. And HBU is a cellar dweller in the Southland Conference too. TTU must be pitiful this year.ย 

Zappe for HBU is legit. Dude has thrown for over 1,000 yards in two games this year. If I was Tech, I would be worried about that offense...

• Like 1

it really shows to me how COVID has blown up many school workout regimen and plans (such as Navy...no hitting). how many came up with wacky plans that will totally backfire into horrendous seasons (Texas Tech, Iowa State, Florida State)...there will be somebody out the SEC that will totally flame out too.ย ย ย 

38 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

it really shows to me how COVID has blown up many school workout regimen and plans (such as Navy...no hitting). how many came up with wacky plans that will totally backfire into horrendous seasons (Texas Tech, Iowa State, Florida State)...there will be somebody out the SEC that will totally flame out too.ย ย ย 

LSU is the most likely power that will fall... has nothing to do with their COVID plan though. ย 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU is the most likely power that will fall... has nothing to do with their COVID plan though. ย 

LSU lost too much in talent and coaching staff. While they ALWAYS reload with talent, you don't lose a player like Burrow and not feel it. Plus, their coordinators leaving will hurt, simply because they'll be breaking in new players, new systems, and have limited time to practice them.

I'm ready for Saturday. I'm liking what this new offense has shown us so far. Yeah it's just UTEP, but how many games have we watched the Horns play over the past 6 years where they should have won convincingly but didn't? The UT backups rarely saw daylight.ย 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm ready for Saturday. I'm liking what this new offense has shown us so far. Yeah it's just UTEP, but how many games have we watched the Horns play over the past 6 years where they should have won convincingly but didn't? The UT backups rarely saw daylight.ย 

Seen the starting RB for Tech ( he's pretty good ) got arrested for street racing.ย  Tech has a couple good WR's in Vasher and Ezukanma.ย ย 

29 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Seen the starting RB for Tech ( he's pretty good ) got arrested for street racing.ย  Tech has a couple good WR's in Vasher and Ezukanma.ย ย 

ย 

Looks like he'll still play tho.ย 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/9/21/21450035/sarodorick-thompson-street-racing-arrest-texas-tech-red-raiders-longhorns

On 9/21/2020 at 7:02 PM, Red90fly said:

Texas going with the 4 man front will make a huge difference against the run.

There was nothing more frustrating (and there were many things that #### me off)ย last year than that stupid 3 man front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas going with the 4 man front will make a huge difference against the run.

There was nothing more frustrating (and there were many things that #### me off)ย last year than that stupid 3 man front.

Orlandoโ€™s base D was 3 down eatย blocks and blitz from all over leaving holes. ย Sometimes it worked, most times it did not

• Like 1

I could not stand it when a team put a TE on the field an we would not even cover him up. just gave the edge up or let him release and have free reign on any Lb or Safety he wanted to block. That drove me crazy. Was taught early on as a coach got to always cover the TE up.