🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

The 21' recruiting class is weird to look at.  Every defensive recruit is a 4/5* (and currently the top 8 commits in the class)  and the offensive side has just one (1) 4* in Hayden Conner.  I like some of the lower guys like Alexis and Myslinski, but this isn't very good on that side of the ball.  22' definately looks great early on, but missing on guys like JoJo Earle, Brocks, ect are going to sting.

12 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Glad it's not a significant injury. I suspect he will be back against TCU. Hoping his illness isn't anything serious!

I don't think it is as bad as last year but their have been some miss tackles in the secondary that needs to be cleaned up. The coverage has been much better. Some small windows have just been hit by Bowman and Tech's tall receivers have just gone up and made some good catches on some good contested balls. I have seen some of this same sloppy tackling and mistakes from every team I have watch this year. For the 2nd game this year I still think overall still better than last year.

I take back everything I said in my last post. I spoke to soon. The 3rd qt tackling is bad. Overshown cannot get in the right place to help in pass coverage or even make a tackle. He gets in no mans land and cannot help in coverage or get a tackle. Going to have to score 60 to win.

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

Lol guess I'll take it, but Texas didn't deserve to win that game at all.  Winning is really, really hard I guess?

I'm going to counter with we were very fortunate to win the game. To say Texas didn't deserve to win the game doesn't fit with coming back down 15 with 3:30 left in the game.