๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

SOS. Still have a defense that is unsound in gap alignment and until it gets fixed defense will suffer. Never heard of leaving both A gaps open and spreading your inside ย lb outside almost to the D gap when a team goes empty in the backfield. How to you not expect to get gashed up the middle. Before QB took off I told my brother Qb draw would gash us. Now I understand that they had one of the ends looping inside but you cannot count on him covering 2 gaps. The gap in the middle is to dang big.

14 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Do you rethink Tom Herman?ย 

He's gotta go. There's just no excuse for losing to TCU year in and year out. Patterson makes him look like a fool almost every time.

Herman is:

(1-3) vs TCU
(1-3) vs OU
(1-2) vs OK St

You will never, ever, ever be relevant losing to TCU and OKST consistently. The only teams Herman has successfully beat each season are Kansas and Kansas State. I mean how impressive is that?

• Thanks 1

I agree to all of your points. Iโ€™m always hesitant to call for the coaches head, but the mediocre play and undisciplined teams the past 3 yearsย are uncalled for. We can blame the refs as much as we like, but itโ€™s bad. I understand the COVID season, but I think after next yearย we either see a good team or another 7-5. Then you make a decision.ย 
ย 

throw money at Urban. Why not?ย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I agree to all of your points. Iโ€™m always hesitant to call for the coaches head, but the mediocre play and undisciplined teams the past 3 yearsย are uncalled for. We can blame the refs as much as we like, but itโ€™s bad. I understand the COVID season, but I think after next yearย we either see a good team or another 7-5. Then you make a decision.ย 
ย 

throw money at Urban. Why not?ย 

I'll go along with that.

If he can't at the very least win a Big 12 championship next year, give him the boot. He's under contract through 2023 so that will take some cash.ย 

The problem is Herman can't have this team ready week to week. You give him some time, he can beat anyone. (3-0) in bowl games. But there just isn't an excuse for this team looking as bad as they do at this point, and still losing to the teams we have lost to. Realistically we should be (1-2), and Herman would be 2-2 against TTU.ย 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

He's gotta go. There's just no excuse for losing to TCU year in and year out. Patterson makes him look like a fool almost every time.

Herman is:

(1-3) vs TCU
(1-3) vs OU
(1-2) vs OK St

You will never, ever, ever be relevant losing to TCU and OKST consistently. The only teams Herman has successfully beat each season are Kansas and Kansas State. I mean how impressive is that?

Isn't it 1-4 vs OU because of the championship game against Kyler Murray?ย 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

2017 - L
2018 - W
2018 - L (Big 12 Championship)
2019 - L
2020 - Soon to be Lย 

ย 

I wouldn't say that yet. OU is definitely beatable and in that game, all bets are off. Lately Texas has played well.ย 

I didn't see the game today. Why'd Texas have trouble moving the ball? Did Ehlinger have a bad game?

29 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I wouldn't say that yet. OU is definitely beatable and in that game, all bets are off. Lately Texas has played well.ย 

I didn't see the game today. Why'd Texas have trouble moving the ball? Did Ehlinger have a bad game?

In the first half, Texas had 286 yards taken back due toย penalties. Officiating was horrible but Texas should have won by at least 2 TDโ€™s if they had just got out ofย theyโ€™re own way.ย