๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

When you realize DC Chris Ash also coaches the safeties, you then understand why he loves playing man/2deep or cover 3. It puts almost no pressure on the safeties, but it puts mounds of pressure on the other nine players.

Chris Ash #### balls and simply road the coattails of others. For those that want to talk about him being DC at Ohio State, I'm pretty sure he was co-defensive coordinator - meaning it was title only for more money.

You'd also think at some point he'd put a mirror on Rattler who killed us with his legs. But nope, that would mean would couldn't play safe in the back end. Meanwhile OU took chances and played a lot of press man on the line.

I've heard money was a factor believe it or not. Which is understandable as most schools are cutting back right now. Herman will be in austin another year i think.ย 

ย 

Unless Jimbo has a big season. Nothing motivates Texas boosters like little brother doing well.ย 

26 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I believe Herman stays and finishes 2nd. , maybe 3rd depending on Baylor . Meyer is a pipe dream. The DC will be fired buying him a excuse/time.

That excuse was already used lol. How much is Ash making? Is it a reasonable buyout? I have heard very few programs are going to be willing to shell out cash because of how tight the budgets are right now.ย 

10 hours ago, bigdawg16 said:

I despise Urban Meyer but he is a winner.

ย 

He's not coming to Texas. Last two jobs he's taken were both loaded with NFL caliber talent. Texas doesn't have that to offer. When he can basically name his job why would he take on such a rebuild? He's not Matt Rule, rebuilding isn't what he does.ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

He's not coming to Texas. Last two jobs he's taken were both loaded with NFL caliber talent. Texas doesn't have that to offer. When he can basically name his job why would he take on such a rebuild? He's not Matt Rule, rebuilding isn't what he does.ย 

Urban made Ohio State into the NFL factory it has been the last decade.ย 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Urban made Ohio State into the NFL factory it has been the last decade.ย 

I will agree he gave them giant boost in the recruiting department, but his first two classes ('13&'14) ended up with 9 players each making NFL rosters.ย 

Longhorns have had 5 NFL'ers in the last two classes.ย 

I don't think Urban would be up to the rebuild that Austin is gonna require.ย