🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

5 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

While in theory that sounds good, most of the time 4* and 5* recruits aren't sitting in wait under other 4* and 5* recruits. You had the next big thing, which was 5* Gilbert under McCoy. Gilbert was a flop. You really wouldn't expect them to have another recruit of that caliber for a couple of years. Maybe Gilberts JR year. So they had to settle for Ash, who had to retire, then the young McCoy who I think they used Colt as a bargaining chip to get him in the program. Swoopes was the next 4* big recruit. He flopped. So you've got roughly 4-6 years of what should be golden stud QB days, that were total bums.

I also wouldn't go as far as to say talent went to waste under Brown. How many players are still playing in the NFL that Mack coached? Yes he stayed in state, but that's what made Texas so great then. "You mean you won a national championship with 90%+ in-state recruits?" There's a certain pride that goes with that. Now yes, I understand what you're saying with filling in holes if need be. If you have to, you have to. I'm not certain whether Mack had to or not, but I do know that a large portion of his demise was the terrible offense and that was due mostly to not having a QB. 

Click on this link then browse through the names, click on some of them and look at their *s when they were recruited and signed and you will see what I mean...  Texas had 3 4* or better QBs on the roster when Swoopes took over.  They just weren't good.  Going back to my original theory when Mack was still running the show that he was recruiting *s, not talent.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2036595-texas-football-grading-the-longhorns-post-spring-depth-chart 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Click on this link then browse through the names, click on some of them and look at their *s when they were recruited and signed and you will see what I mean...  Texas had 3 4* or better QBs on the roster when Swoopes took over.  They just weren't good.  Going back to my original theory when Mack was still running the show that he was recruiting *s, not talent.

Maybe. I mean he did produce some great QBs, and if you actually go read some of those names, there are some underrated players in there that are still starting in the NFL. But yes Heard was a bust, Swoopes a bust, Younger McCoy a bust, but some of these you can't blame on Mack. I mean... look at Johnathan Gray. I consider that to be the biggest recruiting bust of my time just about lol. 

Oh and y'all won't believe this, but Jordan Whittington is injured. 

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Maybe. I mean he did produce some great QBs, and if you actually go read some of those names, there are some underrated players in there that are still starting in the NFL. But yes Heard was a bust, Swoopes a bust, Younger McCoy a bust, but some of these you can't blame on Mack. I mean... look at Johnathan Gray. I consider that to be the biggest recruiting bust of my time just about lol. 

Oh and y'all won't believe this, but Jordan Whittington is injured. 

Busts are on the HC...  Always...

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Pretty sure coach o pulled a cape out for LSU or something. I didn’t think he was capable. Then again you couldn’t dismiss the passion and love for his team. Of course speaking like he was from Louisiana was a plus. 

LOL yeah not being able to understand him just made LSU fans crazy for him. 

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The world we are living in is an absolute clown show... 

I guess I'm just an because I would remind them they are at UT on a band scholarship and refusing to play the school song will remove them from the scholarship. I'm sure some of these kids listen to music with questionable lyrics anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 1:26 PM, MavGrad99 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2036595-texas-football-grading-the-longhorns-post-spring-depth-chart 

I've always said Mack recruited and signed Swoopes just so A&M couldn't. 5* QBs don't lose 8-9 game at the 1A-2A level. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Enough is enough. It is time for people in charge, not just at UT, but with the rest society, to man up and start pushing back on this SJW enriched world. People are so dumb on so many levels.

The problem is its the people in charge at many places that are part of this mess. Texas especially. In their strive for competing with Stanford they hired the people that think like Stanford. Sadly, this isn't going away at Texas anytime soon. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

The problem is its the people in charge at many places that are part of this mess. Texas especially. In their strive for competing with Stanford they hired the people that think like Stanford. Sadly, this isn't going away at Texas anytime soon. 

I am glad that I went to UT when I did. My daughter is glad that she went when she did. We both graduated and were admitted during the 10% admit period. Today the auto admit is the top 6%. The people that made UT what it is are not the ones going there now.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, Hookemhorns88 said:

Enough is enough. It is time for people in charge, not just at UT, but with the rest society, to man up and start pushing back on this SJW enriched world. People are so dumb on so many levels.

Yes. This is a textbook example of people infiltrating an established area, making demands to change things, and then abandoning it once it becomes shitty due to their policies/demands. 

I'm sorry it's happening to Texas.