🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

This helps Texas put out a few recruiting fires and allows the administration not have to make immediate decisions. 

The Texas offense still didn’t play well. 13 penalties, 2-15 on 3rd down, and we continue to give Brewer way too many targets. 

The Texas defense is the unit that is getting better and improving every week. This is not a dig in any way but ATM fans have to be sick watching Joseph Ossai play at Texas. That kid is so good and is a big reason for the defense improvement. CBs struggle but Wallace is so good. Sterns is the most disappointing of the 3 former 5* safeties of he, Foster, and Overshown. 

Herman buys himself another week. 

14 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

and we continue to give Brewer way too many targets. 

Brewer is a dud.  Might as well be 10 vs 11.  Jared Wiley is so much better, he'd be a future high round draft pick if used properly.  6'7 255 lbs and athletic.

14 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Sterns is the most disappointing of the 3 former 5* safeties of he, Foster, and Overshown.  

Spends more time being a SJW than football.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

This helps Texas put out a few recruiting fires and allows the administration not have to make immediate decisions. 

The Texas offense still didn’t play well. 13 penalties, 2-15 on 3rd down, and we continue to give Brewer way too many targets. 

The Texas defense is the unit that is getting better and improving every week. This is not a dig in any way but ATM fans have to be sick watching Joseph Ossai play at Texas. That kid is so good and is a big reason for the defense improvement. CBs struggle but Wallace is so good. Sterns is the most disappointing of the 3 former 5* safeties of he, Foster, and Overshown. 

Rush defense, 5 sacks, 4 turnovers are good for Texas on the defensive side. DBs need to learn to look back for the ball to avoid PIs and actually make plays on the ball.

OL is badly holding the O back. Wiley needs to play way more over Brewer. Also Sam doesn't have a go to guy like in years past with LJH, Johnson, and Duvernay and I think it hurts him. In years past he would look for those guys, but this year he doesn't have a go to guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think they've got Sterns thinking too much. Look back at his freshman year. He was making plays basically on instinct. Fast forward to now... he's got the experience but lost that instinct of being around the football. He seems to be a step behind most of the time. Defense is a reaction game, not a thinking game. The defensive backfield is one of the areas that I just don't see our guys growing like I think they can. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 7:22 PM, thegreatbambino said:

Texas lost every category but turnovers.

Screenshot_20201031-192108_ESPN.jpg

Texas D played really well and bailed Sam out multiple times. Sam didn't play well, but he showed up at the end when he needed to make plays. However, the discipline is still obviously lacking. Not turning your head on deep balls. Delay of game on the first play of the drive. Typical mistakes that can be fixed with coaching. 

I was shocked that Jamison got an unsportsmanlike for silencing the crowd. Then again Big 12 refs gonna do their thing.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 11:07 PM, Lhornfan said:

I think they've got Sterns thinking too much. Look back at his freshman year. He was making plays basically on instinct. Fast forward to now... he's got the experience but lost that instinct of being around the football. He seems to be a step behind most of the time. Defense is a reaction game, not a thinking game. The defensive backfield is one of the areas that I just don't see our guys growing like I think they can. 

Sterns was a monster his freshman year. Definitely needs to take a look back. 

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas D played really well and bailed Sam out multiple times. Sam didn't play well, but he showed up at the end when he needed to make plays. However, the discipline is still obviously lacking. Not turning your head on deep balls. Delay of game on the first play of the drive. Typical mistakes that can be fixed with coaching. 

I was shocked that Jamison got an unsportsmanlike for silencing the crowd. Then again Big 12 refs gonna do their thing.

You mean showed up when they started asking him to run the ball?

I still don't understand the Texas offensive mindset. It seems like every single game the announcers start talking about how lethal Sam can be with his legs... that he really doesn't use until the 4th quarter. Why is that? I honestly do not understand at this point. 

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

You mean showed up when they started asking him to run the ball?

I still don't understand the Texas offensive mindset. It seems like every single game the announcers start talking about how lethal Sam can be with his legs... that he really doesn't use until the 4th quarter. Why is that? I honestly do not understand at this point. 

They couldn't run the ball period on Saturday. Sam is lethal when it's time for him to put the team on his back. When he doesn't have too, we see a very bland and boring offense.

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

They couldn't run the ball period on Saturday. Sam is lethal when it's time for him to put the team on his back. When he doesn't have too, we see a very bland and boring offense.

The OSU defense was as advertised. They were stuck like glue to everyone. 

I just don't understand what changes so much between start to finish as to why Sam becomes more lethal with the game on the line than any other time.