๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

The OSU defense was as advertised. They were stuck like glue to everyone.ย 

I just don't understand what changes so much between start to finish as to why Sam becomes more lethal with the game on the line than any other time.ย 

They have to protect Sam. As much as I enjoy seeing him take over a game, it shouldn't come to that. He takes more hits than any QB. He'd sacrifice a limb to win a game, but I'm sure the coaching staff wants to avoid anymore of that (i.e. OU). Other guys have to contribute. You have to get Joshua Moore involved, same with Brennan Eagles. You can't solely rely on Sam every Saturday.ย 

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

If Texas somehow loses to WVU, is Herman gone no matter what?

Am I wrong in thinking that anything short of winning out/playing for Big XII title is grounds for firing Herman? If I recall, UT was favored to win the conference, due to Sam coming back and other teams re-building. If UT doesn't even get to the CCG, how does the leadership rationalize keeping Herman?ย 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LOL said:

Am I wrong in thinking that anything short of winning out/playing for Big XII title is grounds for firing Herman? If I recall, UT was favored to win the conference, due to Sam coming back and other teams re-building. If UT doesn't even get to the CCG, how does the leadership rationalize keeping Herman?ย 

My thoughts exactly. I think if Herman wants to keep his job, he has to win out and make it to the Big 12 CG.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I think the only thing that would maintain his job would be his HUGE payout. We have a huge bank account, but with COVID cutting into everyone it's tough to write a $25 plus million check.

ย 

Plus for the rest of staff plus the new staff... Its highly likely anyone not named Urban cost them around a 75 mil this offseason for a total staff worth of buyouts. Im just not convinced in a covid year and considering the economy (election about to be a mess in courts) that they shell out that kind of money. I think as bad as Texas fans want him gone, he can still save his job for anyone other than Urban Meyer who nobody knows for sure is even interested in coaching much less taking the texas job. Nobody else they could realistically get is worth that type of money unless they drop 3 more games.ย 

On 11/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, LOL said:

This is correct according to the paid message boards. Heโ€™ll have to win the Big12 to keep his job. Apparently BMD werenโ€™t exactly impressed with the win over OKST but they understand you canโ€™t fire a guy that wins his conference.ย 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The offense is extremely bland.ย 

Ehlinger seems off again this week. It's obvious that he and Jake Smith are not on the same page, and it's getting frustrating. Sam's also hesitating again on deep throws allowing the defense to correct themselves and make a play or fortunately in some cases commit pass interference.ย 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

Ehlinger seems off again this week. It's obvious that he and Jake Smith are not on the same page, and it's getting frustrating. Sam's also hesitating again on deep throws allowing the defense to correct themselves and make a play or fortunately in some cases commit pass interference.ย 

It does look like Sam is a lil off this yr for a 4yr starter, but I'm convinced it's just coaching, Sam needs to trust himself more rather than listening to his QB coach.

2 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

100% and I hate the 3rd down play calling. Thatโ€™s twice Sam has thrown 30 yards down field when all theyย need is 8 yards or less.ย 

• Thanks 1

First half takeaways:ย 

- Something is off with Sam. He has missed so many throwsย 

- Jake Smith is not Jordan Shipley on 3rd downsย 

- Dicker has been hit and miss. Heโ€™s barely sneaking in XPs.ย 

- defense is playing extremely well but the offense wants to give this game awayย 

- and my biggest beef right now with Herman, Robinson has 5 carries for 77 yards. And Iโ€™m pretty sure all of those were in the first quarter. Heโ€™s been pretty absent since. What are you thinking tommy boy?ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

First half takeaways:ย 

- Something is off with Sam. He has missed so many throwsย 

- Jake Smith is not Jordan Shipley on 3rd downsย 

- Dicker has been hit and miss. Heโ€™s barely sneaking in XPs.ย 

- defense is playing extremely well but the offense wants to give this game awayย 

- and my biggest beef right now with Herman, Robinson has 5 carries for 77 yards. And Iโ€™m pretty sure all of those were in the first quarter. Heโ€™s been pretty absent since. What are you thinking tommy boy?ย 
ย 

ย 

Tom is about to out the exit door

On 11/6/2020 at 8:33 AM, WETSU said:

Plus for the rest of staff plus the new staff... Its highly likely anyone not named Urban cost them around a 75 mil this offseason for a total staff worth of buyouts. Im just not convinced in a covid year and considering the economy (election about to be a mess in courts) that they shell out that kind of money. I think as bad as Texas fans want him gone, he can still save his job for anyone other than Urban Meyer who nobody knows for sure is even interested in coaching much less taking the texas job. Nobody else they could realistically get is worth that type of money unless they drop 3 more games.ย 

Maybe Todd Dodge........he's got ties all over Texas in recruiting and has a resume.......and he's right there next door.ย  Should have offered the job to him instead of Herman from the gitgo.......Texas would have been waaay better off now if they had.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Maybe Todd Dodge........he's got ties all over Texas in recruiting and has a resume.......and he's right there next door.ย  Should have offered the job to him instead of Herman from the gitgo.......Texas would have been waaay better off now if they had.

Besides.......he's an Orangeblood and has an offensive mindset for the Big 12.ย ย