🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

No thank you.

That's what everybody's initial thought is.......but just look what Texas has now and tell me how that hire turned out.  Maybe Meyer ain't right for Texas.......for a number of reasons.  Just cuz Dodge had a tough go at N. Texas ain't no sin......that's a tough nut to cut in the State of Texas with the recruiting all divided up.  

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Easier to recruit and win at Texas . This definitely would be a step up. 

The guy is a winner........how much proof do you need???  And well-liked in coaching circles all over the state.  He would be what I consider as a more  natural and beneficial choice for the Horns than any other candidate at this juncture.  Might just turn the program around quickly and take Texas back to a National Title.

Lol the fraud Herman is going to end up in the Big 12 Championship game and maybe even a NY6 bowl.  Texas "should" win at Kansas ( it'll be close in the 4th for an eventual 10 pt win because that's what Herman does ).  ISU, while pretty solid, is in Austin.  Last game @ K-State doesn't look as bad now that K-State QB is done for the year.  If this chump had the guts to have gone for 2 at the end of the OU game and made it Texas might even be ranked in the top 5 now.  

On 10/27/2020 at 10:12 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

To be fair, that's every team other than like Clemson and Alabama. 

No.  LSU has just been on the disappointed line this year.  Any optimism about this system was generated solely by the Joe Biden campaign team

17 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

6-37 as a collegiate coach, no more than 2 wins in any given season. And people think this would be a step up? 🤨

Yeah, I was wondering that as well, but I was willing to defer to you or @ETXfan16on this matter. I figured if y'all would be for it, then it might have some legs. 

But speaking as an outsider...  yeah, I just don't see it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, I was wondering that as well, but I was willing to defer to you or @ETXfan16on this matter. I figured if y'all would be for it, then it might have some legs. 

But speaking as an outsider...  yeah, I just don't see it. 

I wouldn't be for it at all. Some may argue, 'Well it was UNT'. It was UNT for Dan McCarney too, and he won nearly as many games his first season as Dodge did in 4. Seth Littrell has had success there too. 

I would just prefer a coach who's won more than just at the HS level. I'd also strongly prefer the next coach already be proven. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I wouldn't be for it at all. Some may argue, 'Well it was UNT'. It was UNT for Dan McCarney too, and he won nearly as many games his first season as Dodge did in 4. Seth Littrell has had success there too. 

I would just prefer a coach who's won more than just at the HS level. I'd also strongly prefer the next coach already be proven. 

I have had 10 straight winning seasons on Madden and at least 15 National Championships on NCAA Football.  Proven enough for the UT faithful?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Yeah, I mean, obviously I have no vested interest in UT doing well, but it seems obvious that UT would go after a known quantity. Whoever the next guy is, he would absolutely have to be someone with skins on the wall and legit credentials. It just doesn't make sense to go after someone with only mid-tier success. Y'all have tried that with two guys now. 

• Like 2

Reading this thread, and as a Sooner fan, I am bemused by regaleagle's advocacy of Todd Dodge.  Big winner at the high school level?  YES, absolutely!  At the NCAA level?  Not so much.  Huge difference from high school to the big boys...

Does the name Gerry Faust ring a bell?  Hint:  he was a renowned high school coach at legendary (at the time) Moeller High School in Cincinnati back in the 60s and 70s.

OK, here is the link on Faust.

Yeah, Horn fans, I wholeheartedly think that ya oughtta hire Dodge! 😉 He might even duplicate Sherri Coale's success rate at OU, who also made the direct-from-high school-to-college jump)  (BTW, lots of OU fans would like to see Sherri gone, too!)...

• Like 1