๐ŸŸ  Longhorns 2020 thread

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Wow...ย  it's actually happening...ย ย 

What's "it"?ย 

Where can I see these donor emails?

They'd better be sure they have Urban committed. If not, they'll have fired 2 coaches after 4 or less years, one who won a NY6 bowl. And they fired Mack after he averaged 10+ wins a year there (one title and 4 years removed from another trip there). Who would want to work there?ย 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What's "it"?ย 

They'd better be sure they have Urban committed. If not, they'll have fired 2 coaches after 4 or less years, one who won a NY6 bowl. And they fired Mack after he averaged 10+ wins a year there (one title and 4 years removed from another trip there). Who would want to work there?ย 

Iโ€™ve heard this very same argument for different programs and even different sports.

Perfect example is in soccer at Chelsea Football Club in London in the English Premier League.

The billionaire owner has fired more managers since buying the club than any major club in the world. Yet, every time he fires someone there is always a big name coach who replaces the previous one.ย 
Somehow, almost miraculously, Chelsea has remained one of the most successful club teams in the world.

I agree you do not want get into the routine of firing coaches every four years or so.ย 

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What's "it"?ย 

You can see some of the emails here:ย https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Texas-football-Urban-Meyer-Tom-Herman-hot-seat-Eyes-of-Texas-controversy-155902855/#155902855_7ย 

On 12/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, 514 said:

Alabama before Nick did not do so good in hiring also. Now Nick is getting on up there in age and won't be there forever. Let's wait and see if they go and hire another Curry or Shula to take his place. Roll Tide.

don't forget, they also hired Franchone too.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

don't forget, they also hired Franchone too.

The day I started to really dislike Franchione was when he wore an Alabama tie to the Heisman ceremony as a guest of LaDainian Tomlinson. I knew from that point on the guy was a total douchbag.ย 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Herman tried to save his job today.ย 

Big win over a team that usually has Texas's number.ย 

Itโ€™s crazy how Texas doesnโ€™t have a identity!!! I donโ€™t understand if they are a psd team or a run team? It changes week to week. ย 

12 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Iโ€™ve been busy all day. Is it bad that I was hoping Texas lost when I looked up the score?

The question is, was he successful? Did he save his job? What if they win out and go win a bowl game? Does he get another year?ย 

Opposing fanbases want UT to win out so he remains the coach.ย 
No, Herman has not been successful at Texas. Yes, they won an NY6 bowl game and did create a lot of buzz and positive momentum at one point, but lost it.

The recruiting has been there, while the coaching has not. Why has Texas not played offensively the past four years like it did yesterday?

Yโ€™all notice how little Ehlinger was required to run and how much more explosive the offense was?

Ehlinger scrambling when he finds no one open is a great thing, but relying on QB power over and over again Ehlingerโ€™s entire career is a huge part of why Herman is in the hot water he is.ย 
The offense actually gave the ball to the running backs consistently for the first time in literally three years. It opened up the offense and assisted the passing game. Everything improved dramatically.

With all that said, KSUโ€™s defense is very poor so the success UT enjoyed yesterday should be taken with a grain of salt. It was very nice to see the running backs be used properly rather than mostly pass blocking and then blocking for Ehlinger rush attempts.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Opposing fanbases want UT to win out so he remains the coach.ย 
No, Herman has not been successful at Texas. Yes, they won an NY6 bowl game and did create a lot of buzz and positive momentum at one point, but lost it.

The recruiting has been there, while the coaching has not. Why has Texas not played offensively the past four years like it did yesterday?

Yโ€™all notice how little Ehlinger was required to run and how much more explosive the offense was?

Ehlinger scrambling when he finds no one open is a great thing, but relying on QB power over and over again Ehlingerโ€™s entire career is a huge part of why Herman is in the hot water he is.ย 
The offense actually gave the ball to the running backs consistently for the first time in literally three years. It opened up the offense and assisted the passing game. Everything improved dramatically.

With all that said, KSUโ€™s defense is very poor so the success UT enjoyed yesterday should be taken with a grain of salt. It was very nice to see the running backs be used properly rather than mostly pass blocking and then blocking for Ehlinger rush attempts.ย 

Going to have to disagree with ya. Texas had less rushing attempts yesterday than all of their previous five games. What I did see yesterday that was different was Texas went back to the quick passing game - not short but quick, and the RBs attacked the line of scrimmage. They ran to contact rather than waiting on blocks. KS missed some tackles, but Robinson and Johnson were running harder than I've seen all year.ย 

7 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Going to have to disagree with ya. Texas had less rushing attempts yesterday than all of their previous five games. What I did see yesterday that was different was Texas went back to the quick passing game - not short but quick, and the RBs attacked the line of scrimmage. They ran to contact rather than waiting on blocks. KS missed some tackles, but Robinson and Johnson were running harder than I've seen all year.ย 

I do like that quick passing! The OL performed better last week and yesterday in run blocking than they have in a long time. Everything was better yesterday!