🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

19 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas freshman QB JaQuinden Jackson has appeared in the transfer portal.
The goal was always to allow JQJ to start out at qb but eventually move him to a different position. He wants to play QB so he will try to find a spot somewhere. 

This is one they (Texas) will regret. 

46 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas freshman QB JaQuinden Jackson has appeared in the transfer portal.
The goal was always to allow JQJ to start out at qb but eventually move him to a different position. He wants to play QB so he will try to find a spot somewhere. 

Can't blame him. He's a D-1 quarterback. Maybe not at UT, but somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, LOL said:

I think he'll have a fine career at Ohio State.  :D 

Seriously though, I think he would be absolutely amazing running the Briles offense at Liberty. 

As much as we'd like to have a QB room full of talent, this one does not surprise me. Hudson is ahead of him, and with both being the same class it makes sense for him to look elsewhere instead of wasting a Spring. I personally don't think his future is at QB, but look what Lamar Jackson did last night. I think he'd only completed 3-4 passes until the last few minutes of the game. 

Years ago we were getting ready for Spring football and the dad of the freshman team QB came to talk to me about his son's future. He was a natural at corner. Hips, footwork, and instinct were way ahead of others for his age. I told dad if his son continued to work in the summers and off-season, he was a D1 corner. Dad said his son was a QB, and he didn't even want his boy practicing defense. I gave my opinion that his son was an athlete that can play the QB position but his future in college football if that's what he wanted was on defense (kid couldn't catch a cold). Needless to say, the kid played QB for us a few years and he/we struggled. He did not play any defense or football in college. He could have - he reminded my of Charles Tillman when he was a high school freshman.

Texas signed all of their commits with the exception of 1. 

DB Ishmael Ibraheem will wait until NSD2 and hope to sign then. He was recently arrested for carjacking and evading arrest. Don’t know the whole story but I read the carjacking charge won’t stick. 

40 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas signed all of their commits with the exception of 1. 

DB Ishmael Ibraheem will wait until NSD2 and hope to sign then. He was recently arrested for carjacking and evading arrest. Don’t know the whole story but I read the carjacking charge won’t stick. 

Well if he steals cars, maybe he can steal some passes! We need some sticky finger DBs.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Lots of Longhorns declaring and transfer portaling.

Overshown announced he’ll be back next year. Denzel Okafor and Tope Imade as well. Both CBs Jamison and Thompson are coming back 

Texas is losing mostly the young guys that think Herman is coming back.

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Overshown announced he’ll be back next year. Denzel Okafor and Tope Imade as well. Both CBs Jamison and Thompson are coming back 

Texas is losing mostly the young guys that think Herman is coming back.

Yes, was excited to see Overshown confirm his return. He’ll be that much better after next year, fun player to watch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

So what the feeling about Texas. 

Do you think Herman is really gone? 
Do you think Meyer is the answer or even an option? 

Does Herman get another year? The bowl probably not a determining factor. 

You’ll know when we do!  CDC is the determining factor 

57 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lol I was curious about the situation. The better off A&M is will be disastrous for Texas IMO. The horns need A&M and Ou to be average for Texas to be truly back.

Not necessarily.  Texas’ demise has mainly been their own doing.  aTm did open the door a little more for the sec but Texas needs to take care of themselves and everything will get better.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lol I was curious about the situation. The better off A&M is will be disastrous for Texas IMO. The horns need A&M and Ou to be average for Texas to be truly back.

This is hilarious! When has OU been average, the Blake era? A&M is irrelevant to the Horns success. If they resume the Thanksgiving game and the Aggies are beating them every year, that is the only way I could see that mattering. A&M will  continue to struggle in the SEC West until King Saban retires. 

• Thanks 1