🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

On 12/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lol I was curious about the situation. The better off A&M is will be disastrous for Texas IMO. The horns need A&M and Ou to be average for Texas to be truly back.

The Ohio States, et al are the "threat" to Texas but the real nemesis is Texas themselves.  Typically the brand recruits itself but having a coach like Herman in there that is on the bubble and/or cannot develop the latent talent is the real reason Texas is losing recruits and some of the current players.

A&M going to the SEC basically turned a standard doorway into a French Door IMO.  It just quickened the pace.

• Like 1

Just now, Hookemhorns88 said:

Not sure about being the “front runner” but his name has entered into the discussion.

I was just told Kelly is the new favorite, but Texas will make one last run at Urban. 

IMO, if Urban knows Kelly is on Texas' radar, he will pass on Texas and go to ND instead. Dream job, closer to home. Seems like a win-win for each school...

13 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I was just told Kelly is the new favorite, but Texas will make one last run at Urban. 

IMO, if Urban knows Kelly is on Texas' radar, he will pass on Texas and go to ND instead. Dream job, closer to home. Seems like a win-win for each school...

I’d rather have Hugh Freeze than Brian Kelly.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Where has he been playing? Measurables?

Freshman year this fall at Charlotte - first to offer after COVID made signing easier.......most SEC schools liked him in high school.......6’5”ish.......335ish........started 3 of 6 games. 

19 minutes ago, oldschool32 said:

Please no the use of Bijan alone further drives home the point he needs to go.   Meyer is at the top but at this point a freeze or sark doesn't sound like a bad option at least they have creativity.

I wouldn’t have an issue with sark as OC, but not at HC.  He’s already shown he can’t win big at Washington and USC.  And there’s always that wagon he can fall off of at anytime if the pressure gets too hot.  And there’s lots of pressure coaching at Texas 

• Like 1