🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

I want LJ Johnson, Cooks, Foster, and 2-3 stud WRs. 

Seems like Wheaton may be more likely at this point than LJ.  Don't think the Aggie mom is going to let it happen with Foster.  To bad, the T&F program at Texas is the best of the 3 local schools.

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

Seems like Wheaton may be more likely at this point than LJ.  Don't think the Aggie mom is going to let it happen with Foster.  To bad, the T&F program at Texas is the best of the 3 local schools.

I’ll take Wheaton that’s fine with me. If Foster is serious about wanting to be in the olympics then his mom needs to send him to Austin. 

This cycle is going to jump up a notch once visits are back on. 

6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I’ll take Wheaton that’s fine with me. If Foster is serious about wanting to be in the olympics then his mom needs to send him to Austin. 

This cycle is going to jump up a notch once visits are back on. 

Clayton Smith is another I was hoping to land, but he's going to commit to OU tomorrow.  Still think he'll visit once everything's lifted and is flippable, unless Herman lays an egg.

Shemar Turner is another I hope Texas gets.

I have no idea about WR, seems to be lacking right now.  Coleman may be the best coach of the bunch, but I wish Herman would have went all out for Emmitt Jones or brought Samples back for recruiting purposes.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Clayton Smith is another I was hoping to land, but he's going to commit to OU tomorrow.  Still think he'll visit once everything's lifted and is flippable, unless Herman lays an egg.

Shemar Turner is another I hope Texas gets.

I have no idea about WR, seems to be lacking right now.  Coleman may be the best coach of the bunch, but I wish Herman would have went all out for Emmitt Jones or brought Samples back for recruiting purposes.

Yeah I like Smith a lot but to me he was a Luxury take. I agree with you that if he visits, I think Texas can flip him. 

I prefer Turner to Burris but I never thought Texas was Lansing Burris. 

I think after this season with the new offense WR recruiting will improve. 

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas added 2 commits today on the offense. Brooks has been known but Cain is a surprise to me at least. 

7CA033F9-02F7-4235-8AA5-4B12F72B152D.png

Cain seems kinda' meh'.  Its been known a while Brooks was #2 in a 2 RB class.

9 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yeah the last two punters were both from there. Dickson and Bujcevski.

The new Punter should be able to red shirt.  Dickson and Bujcevski didn't have that luxury and they struggled in the 1st year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yeah the last two punters were both from there. Dickson and Bujcevski.

The best punters in the NCAA these days usually stem from Australia.  I think last year was LSU's first in maybe 8 years to have both a kicker and punter starting from the US.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LOL said:

I guess the players who do this are going expect to stay on scholarships for football while they don’t play football?

7 hours ago, LOL said:

He’s only hurting himself and his draft status.   But hey, stand for something, even if it costs you everything.

He'll be starting week 1 and I'd bet he's at the 1st workout next week or whenever it starts.  FSU players just yesterday were upset about something from the HC and said they would not be attending workouts and a day later all is well.

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I think the schools should tell them they’ll support them in all they do, but their scholarship will go to another kid wanting to play.  

Oh I agree, but we both know that wont happen.  The backlash from the media, Twitter, ect. would be insane.

23 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

He'll be starting week 1 and I'd bet he's at the 1st workout next week or whenever it starts.  FSU players just yesterday were upset about something from the HC and said they would not be attending workouts and a day later all is well.

Agree. This is all for attention. He will be at the first workout or at the very least the first week of workouts.