The Smoakhouse Forums

13 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I guess the players who do this are going expect to stay on scholarships for football while they don’t play football?

A Catch-22 situation for the schools for sure.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But where’s he going to transfer from?

Herman 2020! Four More Years!! 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, LOL said:

He’s only hurting himself and his draft status.   But hey, stand for something, even if it costs you everything.

I think the schools should tell them they’ll support them in all they do, but their scholarship will go to another kid wanting to play.  

• Like 2

He'll be starting week 1 and I'd bet he's at the 1st workout next week or whenever it starts.  FSU players just yesterday were upset about something from the HC and said they would not be attending workouts and a day later all is well.

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I think the schools should tell them they’ll support them in all they do, but their scholarship will go to another kid wanting to play.  

Oh I agree, but we both know that wont happen.  The backlash from the media, Twitter, ect. would be insane.

23 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

He'll be starting week 1 and I'd bet he's at the 1st workout next week or whenever it starts.  FSU players just yesterday were upset about something from the HC and said they would not be attending workouts and a day later all is well.

Agree. This is all for attention. He will be at the first workout or at the very least the first week of workouts. 

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Our mob mentality/cancel culture outrage would not be silent for that.

20 hours ago, LOL said:

This kid doesn’t understand that football is his platform.  Quit and you become obsolete 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/5/2020 at 8:00 AM, MavGrad99 said:

This kid doesn’t understand that football is his platform.  Quit and you become obsolete 

Correct!  And who gave him that platform?  The school that he will leave high and dry to sit out

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Yea, that’s going to ####

Offensive recruiting right now is a dump.  Defensive is looking good though.

9 hours ago, Valhalla said:

758D9190-0369-40E0-8ED3-1877E18D5679.jpeg

This is weird. He was going to be in a battle for nickel this year with RS freshman Chris Adimore. Then again the wording makes it seem like a family issue or sickness. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This is weird. He was going to be in a battle for nickel this year with RS freshman Chris Adimore. Then again the wording makes it seem like a family issue or sickness. 

People react differently to everything.  Let's say its a death...  I've seen some people who "need to be with their family."  When my brother died (I was 19), I went to the funeral and stuff, but I didn't want to be anywhere around people and family.  I hated feeling like people pitied me or the constant "I'm so sorry."  I called my RD at ETBU and asked him if I could move back in early over Christmas break so I could just be alone in my dorm.  

I would welcome football as a distraction from anything that is going on at home.  If its cancer or an illness, I bet my next paycheck that Herman and Co (or almost any HC) would allow that kid to come and go as needed.

• Like 2

The name changes don’t seem unreasonable to me. 

I don’t see them winning the “Eyes of Texas” battle. 

Is it even legal for the university to donate money to a political organization like BLM?