🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I think the schools should tell them they’ll support them in all they do, but their scholarship will go to another kid wanting to play.  

Our mob mentality/cancel culture outrage would not be silent for that.

20 hours ago, LOL said:

This kid doesn’t understand that football is his platform.  Quit and you become obsolete 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:00 AM, MavGrad99 said:

This kid doesn’t understand that football is his platform.  Quit and you become obsolete 

Correct!  And who gave him that platform?  The school that he will leave high and dry to sit out

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This is weird. He was going to be in a battle for nickel this year with RS freshman Chris Adimore. Then again the wording makes it seem like a family issue or sickness. 

People react differently to everything.  Let's say its a death...  I've seen some people who "need to be with their family."  When my brother died (I was 19), I went to the funeral and stuff, but I didn't want to be anywhere around people and family.  I hated feeling like people pitied me or the constant "I'm so sorry."  I called my RD at ETBU and asked him if I could move back in early over Christmas break so I could just be alone in my dorm.  

I would welcome football as a distraction from anything that is going on at home.  If its cancer or an illness, I bet my next paycheck that Herman and Co (or almost any HC) would allow that kid to come and go as needed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 36gut said:

The point is no professor talked him into this. The buck stops with him.

You are correct in the fact that he could have said no. The point is is that someone(s) has his ear and have done some research to point out some of these issues. Doubtful he knew the history of the “Eyes”.