The Smoakhouse Forums

6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Ugh, there are a lot of mentally weak people in today’s society. 

snowflakes .... probably egged on by libtard professors on campus ....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But where’s he going to transfer from?

Saw this today and thought I would share. This is awesome. 👏👏

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 36gut said:

The point is no professor talked him into this. The buck stops with him.

You are correct in the fact that he could have said no. The point is is that someone(s) has his ear and have done some research to point out some of these issues. Doubtful he knew the history of the “Eyes”.

This is madness! Who in the hell knew the origins of “The Eyes of Texas”, before someone told them that Texas was substituted for South? I would rather play with Walk ons in all sports than change the school song. 

• Like 2

I have never heard “The Eyes of Texas” was once “The Eyes of South”?? or “The Eyes of the South”. I have never heard that song was a racist thing at its origin. 

Definitely news to me and I have been a Longhorn fan my whole life. Is it possible this accusation is inaccurate?

What bothers me in this “sanitizing chaos” society we live, songs such as “Eyes of Texas” are sung with school pride in the context of 2020 and not 1900. I have never once sung the fight song with any thought of malice toward a segment of our population. When you pick asinine battles such as this, you create racial divides rather than heal them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Political correctness run amok ... some liberal snowflakes are pushing this behind the scenes ... sadly, they are using young athletes as pawns in their sick political game ...

17 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I have never heard “The Eyes of Texas” was once “The Eyes of South”?? or “The Eyes of the South”. I have never heard that song was a racist thing at its origin. 

Definitely news to me and I have been a Longhorn fan my whole life. Is it possible this accusation is inaccurate?

Back story

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/6/12/21289783/eyes-of-texas-alma-mater-racist-history-texas-longhorns

I interested in hearing what some of the big time donors have to say about this. How much will their opinion affect what the school does in this situation?

A&M didn't allow black students until 1963, 7 years after the RACIST University of Texas, and University of North Texas.

Other Racist Universities:

Houston: 1960s (guessing '63 also)
Texas Tech: 1961
A&M Commerce 1963 (guessing it was the entire A&M System)

So the first school(s) in Texas to allow black students was the Super Racist school known as The University of Texas... because of a song?  I guess every city in the state is racist too because almost every district has a Robert E Lee school etc for honoring the historical leaders who helped establish this wonderful state.  

29 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

A&M didn't allow black students until 1963, 7 years after the RACIST University of Texas, and University of North Texas.

So the first school(s) in Texas to allow black students was the Super Racist school known as The University of Texas... because of a song?  I guess every city in the state is racist too because almost every district has a Robert E Lee school etc for honoring the historical leaders who helped establish this wonderful state.  

But Mav. Their dorms are named after Klan leaders and they defaced their MLK statue!

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Political correctness run amok ... some liberal snowflakes are pushing this behind the scenes ... sadly, they are using young athletes as pawns in their sick political game ...

These athletes are adults. They OWN their actions. This is 100 PERCENT on them.

They are not "kids" anymore, even though coaches and sports commentators often mislabel them that way.

So I shouldn’t expect to hear rap songs about killing cops, killing whities or selling drugs in the stadium anymore.  I’m all for doing away with the song if it offends certain folks, but what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  Rap music offends me as a person, father, human being.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

The flagship led the way in that too.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

But Mav. Their dorms are named after Klan leaders and they defaced their MLK statue!

Isn’t Sul Ross a big deal to Aggies?

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

If that is true, then change the name of the dorms, but most of this is utter BS.  It's people who are offended that you even refer to another person's skin as a color that are offended by every thing.  These people need to chill out.  Go to Washington DC and fight for the Redskins to change their name...  

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So I shouldn’t expect to hear rap songs about killing cops, killing whities or selling drugs in the stadium anymore.  I’m all for doing away with the song if it offends certain folks, but what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  Rap music offends me as a person, father, human being.

I didn't even think about that.  There was a 30 for 30 or something about the Oakland Raiders that played nothing but NWA songs that basically say something like "F the Police" in every song.  

When my son was in high school he ran track and we would go to his track meets.  We would strike up conversations with other people in the stands.  Many would ask what event he participated in and many would lead with is he in 800, 1600, etc.?  I would say nope, he runs the 100, 200, and is the anchor on the sprint relays.  Of course I was met with all types of responses most of which made me laugh....and proud.

Just trying to bring some levity to the conversation.

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Agree it is ridiculous all sudden getting offended by historical things. Bigger things to be concerned with than a old statue that many have no idea whom it is. 

Note: President John Tyler was a southern loyalty and was considered a traitor to the US. In fact Washington didn’t officially recognize his death despite being President years earlier. Tyler Tx needs a name change to go along with their schools LoL.