The Smoakhouse Forums

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Ore City could be changing their Rebels mascot.

Heck naw!!! Why would they do that? If so, what's next? The Libtards & PETA gonna come after schools with animals (eagles, tigers, bulldogs, widcats) as mascots? 🙄😁

20191022_102054.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t really understand why he committed to Texas so early in the first place. This was always a make or break season for Texas. Why not wait until the season was over?

But where’s he going to transfer from?

Posted Images

Personally, I’m highly offended that Atlanta chose to name themselves after such a vile and vicious killer of men. I demand a name change now!!!

3 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Heck naw!!! Why would they do that? If so, what's next? The Libtards & PETA gonna come after schools with animals (eagles, tigers, bulldogs, widcats) as mascots? 🙄😁

Show me an Eagle, Tiger, Bulldog, or Wildcat that enslaved a group of people against their will.

Texas boards are saying Anthony Cook is no longer with the program, but I don't see him in the transfer portal (yet) so maybe he's done with football??  I know the talk was he was going to be in a battle with Adimora for the NB spot and that the staff may have liked Adimora a little more so who knows if that has anything to do with it.

NM on the portal stuff, talk now is could be headed to Mississippi State where the former DB coach is.

53 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Show me an Eagle, Tiger, Bulldog, or Wildcat that enslaved a group of people against their will.

LOL...maybe not enslaved people....but attack and kill people, yea. 🤔😁

So you agree with Ore City potentially changing the mascot away from Rebels? 

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Honestly  Raiders is the most likely alternative. Technically politically correct but still have some of the past. Rebel Flag is really not a good idea to associate your school with.

• Like 1

I don’t care if Ore City changes their mascot as long it is African Americans who are actually from Ore City who are the people who want it changed. 

I could care less about what people from the cities have to say about what schools do that are hundreds of miles away from them. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Stoney said:

Anybody over 40 willing to explain what this means? 😁

Surely you jest!! You are the music man here of course you know!

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, TTman7 said:

The Confederate symbols I do not agree with. However, I also do not live in Ore City. I am not sure what people think about it. I know locally in DFW, Richland High School is changing their mascot name. If it offends the kids that go to Ore City, then yes it should be changed.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

The Confederate symbols I do not agree with. However, I also do not live in Ore City. I am not sure what people think about it. I know locally in DFW, Richland High School is changing their mascot name. If it offends the kids that go to Ore City, then yes it should be changed.

I’m pretty sure Ore City distanced themselves from the confederate type logo over a decade ago. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Honestly  Raiders is the most likely alternative. Technically politically correct but still have some of the past. Rebel Flag is really not a good idea to associate your school with.

I'd just like it to stay Rebels. Tradition. The Rebel (Confederate flag) hasn't been used in quite a while...but it was back in my day in the 80s. 

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t care if Ore City changes their mascot as long it is African Americans who are actually from Ore City who are the people who want it changed. 

I could care less about what people from the cities have to say about what schools do that are hundreds of miles away from them. 

Agreed. If only they, and other OC folk & alums, speak their peace and want it that way.

Put it to a vote. Majority wins and I'll accept it. (if it's changed I won't agree with it though, lol). 

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

I respect your opinion. But yes, this should only matter or be a "concern" for Ore City folks, current students, & alums. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I’m pretty sure Ore City distanced themselves from the confederate type logo over a decade ago. 

Correct. It's been a while. 

I just re-watched LSU vs Texas 2019...  And this next statement is going to make some Texas fans mad... and some frustrated...

Ehlinger and Joe Burrow are the exact same type of QB, just utilized differently...

What would Texas be or would have been running LSU's offense?

22 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I just re-watched LSU vs Texas 2019...  And this next statement is going to make some Texas fans mad... and some frustrated...

Ehlinger and Joe Burrow are the exact same type of QB, just utilized differently...

What would Texas be or would have been running LSU's offense?

Texas didn’t have LSU’s O-line or receivers.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Texas didn’t have LSU’s O-line or receivers.

The OL nor receivers were the problem. The lack of defense was. 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

The OL nor receivers were the problem. The lack of defense was. 

To be fair, the only defense that played LSU well was Auburn...  Texas played like a top 10 team in that game... what the hell happened the rest of the season is beyond any of us.

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

To be fair, the only defense that played LSU well was Auburn...  Texas played like a top 10 team in that game... what the hell happened the rest of the season is beyond any of us.

Injuries. At one point, Texas didn't have a single starter in the secondary playing. 

• Like 2

Overshown not participating in any team activities until CDC and UT make changes.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Overshown not participating in any team activities until CDC and UT make changes.

He’s not on campus anyway. Hasn’t been since players went home from spring. 

Then quit. Forfeit your scholarship and go somewhere else. I've pretty much lost all interest is sports  at this point. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Plus he has been hurt for most of his career so far.

• Like 1