• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But where’s he going to transfer from?

Saw this today and thought I would share. This is awesome. 👏👏

Maybe if UT hadn’t adopted the motto “Striving for Mediocrity” some of those people wouldn’t have gone looking for a better team. 

Posted Images

it really shows to me how COVID has blown up many school workout regimen and plans (such as Navy...no hitting). how many came up with wacky plans that will totally backfire into horrendous seasons (Texas Tech, Iowa State, Florida State)...there will be somebody out the SEC that will totally flame out too.   

38 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

it really shows to me how COVID has blown up many school workout regimen and plans (such as Navy...no hitting). how many came up with wacky plans that will totally backfire into horrendous seasons (Texas Tech, Iowa State, Florida State)...there will be somebody out the SEC that will totally flame out too.   

LSU is the most likely power that will fall... has nothing to do with their COVID plan though.  

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU is the most likely power that will fall... has nothing to do with their COVID plan though.  

LSU lost too much in talent and coaching staff. While they ALWAYS reload with talent, you don't lose a player like Burrow and not feel it. Plus, their coordinators leaving will hurt, simply because they'll be breaking in new players, new systems, and have limited time to practice them.

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Seen today DL Neil Farrell opted back in and DT Tyler Shelvin is considering.

Herman said Foster still on the team. I'll take the Head man's word for it. 

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That was expected before COVID though.

Ohio St dropped 24 spots (a record) in the AP poll 😂. Surely they may be the biggest and hardest fall

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Ohio St dropped 24 spots (a record) in the AP poll 😂. Surely they may be the biggest and hardest fall

Ya hate to see it. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Texas got commit #3 for the 2022 class today.

9896404.jpg

Yessir! Our 2nd potential Longhorn on our squad down here. 

I'm ready for Saturday. I'm liking what this new offense has shown us so far. Yeah it's just UTEP, but how many games have we watched the Horns play over the past 6 years where they should have won convincingly but didn't? The UT backups rarely saw daylight. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm ready for Saturday. I'm liking what this new offense has shown us so far. Yeah it's just UTEP, but how many games have we watched the Horns play over the past 6 years where they should have won convincingly but didn't? The UT backups rarely saw daylight. 

Seen the starting RB for Tech ( he's pretty good ) got arrested for street racing.  Tech has a couple good WR's in Vasher and Ezukanma.  

29 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Seen the starting RB for Tech ( he's pretty good ) got arrested for street racing.  Tech has a couple good WR's in Vasher and Ezukanma.  

Looks like he'll still play tho. 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/9/21/21450035/sarodorick-thompson-street-racing-arrest-texas-tech-red-raiders-longhorns

On 9/21/2020 at 7:02 PM, Red90fly said:

Texas going with the 4 man front will make a huge difference against the run.

There was nothing more frustrating (and there were many things that #### me off) last year than that stupid 3 man front.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

There was nothing more frustrating (and there were many things that #### me off) last year than that stupid 3 man front.

Agree 100%.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Orlando’s base D was 3 down eat blocks and blitz from all over leaving holes.  Sometimes it worked, most times it did not

• Like 1

I could not stand it when a team put a TE on the field an we would not even cover him up. just gave the edge up or let him release and have free reign on any Lb or Safety he wanted to block. That drove me crazy. Was taught early on as a coach got to always cover the TE up.

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Orlando’s base D was 3 down eat blocks and blitz from all over leaving holes.  Sometimes it worked, most times it did not

Bingo. And when it didn't work, he made zero adjustments for it. It was infuriating 

56 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Bingo. And when it didn't work, he made zero adjustments for it. It was infuriating 

Yep!  Glad they let him go.  He was good against predictable running teams like Georgia but a balanced to pass heavy team would eat him up

The 21' recruiting class is weird to look at.  Every defensive recruit is a 4/5* (and currently the top 8 commits in the class)  and the offensive side has just one (1) 4* in Hayden Conner.  I like some of the lower guys like Alexis and Myslinski, but this isn't very good on that side of the ball.  22' definately looks great early on, but missing on guys like JoJo Earle, Brocks, ect are going to sting.

12 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Glad it's not a significant injury. I suspect he will be back against TCU. Hoping his illness isn't anything serious!