🟠 Longhorns 2020 thread

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Also true.  To be fair, I will call it first game jitters... We know Herman's history with his defense where they can be all world in some games and absolute 💩 in others.  I think the offense is going to be just fine.  The defense is going to be hit or miss, and you guys should just hope the miss is in games that they score a lot.  

Good news about Oklahoma... Spencer Rattler does not look like the QB they sold us on the past few years... Looked like a deer in headlights with even mild pressure.

Second game jitters? Lol

I’m tired of Herman bring the underdog.  We know he’s been good as an underdog.  I’m ready for him to figure out how to lead a team as an alpha dog.  That’s not something every coach can do.  The great ones can and it can be a challenge even more so than an underdog.

We’ll give Spencer Rattled a few more games before we officially change his name

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Really?  That’s where you want to go?  LSU has 2 starters that returned on D and one of them got some bad weed overnight that hospitalized him...  LSU is going to #### this year and this thread isn’t about LSU.  Without Sam, Texas loses this game by 20.  

I thought Sam did an amazing job for the most part. We played without three playmakers in Smith, Whittington, and Black. I keep hearing about this Rugby tackling that Ash is so good at teaching. Pretty sure those guys don't drop their head and close their eyes when they tackle. Let's just say there are plenty of things for the coaches to be riding players about this week.

Herman isnt the man for Texas, defense has been sorry since he got there 3 man or 4 man front doesnt matter. Scheme is horrible, Secondary is laughable. He may escape another year thanks to Covid-19 but man, Texas doesnt look good at all.

2 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Herman isnt the man for Texas, defense has been sorry since he got there 3 man or 4 man front doesnt matter. Scheme is horrible, Secondary is laughable. He may escape another year thanks to Covid-19 but man, Texas doesnt look good at all.

I get it, but if we're being honest, who exactly has looked good so far?  Nobody in the Big 12 stands out yet.  I guess Bama' in the SEC?  Florida scored 51, but still gave up 35 points and 600+ yards to Ole Miss.  LSU gave up 600+ passing.  Georgia is still so-so at best on offense.  Way things have gone so far I think you'll take a win no matter how it gets done.  LSU and OU fans would have taken a god awful win yesterday over what happened to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I get it, but if we're being honest, who exactly has looked good so far?  Nobody in the Big 12 stands out yet.  I guess Bama' in the SEC?  Florida scored 51, but still gave up 35 points and 600+ yards to Ole Miss.  LSU gave up 600+ passing.  Georgia is still so-so at best on offense.  Way things have gone so far I think you'll take a win no matter how it gets done.  LSU and OU fans would have taken a god awful win yesterday over what happened to them.

I’ve longed to see mike leach in the sec.  After a year of torching defenses, he’ll pull some top offensive talent in the south.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Second game jitters? Lol

I’m tired of Herman bring the underdog.  We know he’s been good as an underdog.  I’m ready for him to figure out how to lead a team as an alpha dog.  That’s not something every coach can do.  The great ones can and it can be a challenge even more so than an underdog.

We’ll give Spencer Rattled a few more games before we officially change his name

I honestly meant to go back and put first “conference” game jitters 

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

None of this may matter in a year from now.......according to some of the experts in many fields.  Football will become the least of our worries.......so enjoy what is in front of you right now.

I’m trying to be optimistic. I think the errors made in yesterday’s performance are all fixable. The penalties, muffing a punt, poor tackling. Those are all fixable, I just hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later. 

The offense looks good. Not really a surprise there. I feel extremely comfortable having Sam lead. Defense needs some work, but more importantly, they just need to be more disciplined. I’ve accepted the fact that we are going to watch sloppy football this 2020 season across the board (besides Bama or Clemson lol). I’ll just take W’s anyway we can get them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Also true.  To be fair, I will call it first game jitters... We know Herman's history with his defense where they can be all world in some games and absolute 💩 in others.  I think the offense is going to be just fine.  The defense is going to be hit or miss, and you guys should just hope the miss is in games that they score a lot.  

Good news about Oklahoma... Spencer Rattler does not look like the QB they sold us on the past few years... Looked like a deer in headlights with even mild pressure.

Rattler needed to eat a little humble pie. Kids talented, but everyone’s been blowing smoke up his rear since he committed to OU. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Really?  That’s where you want to go?  LSU has 2 starters that returned on D and one of them got some bad weed overnight that hospitalized him...  LSU is going to #### this year and this thread isn’t about LSU.  Without Sam, Texas loses this game by 20.  

Yes I want to go there lol. You can't have a LSU tiger eye, get an SEC passing yardage record set against you, and say anybody's defense is swiss cheese. LSU literally made history for being so terrible on defense yesterday. They're in the SEC record books. 😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I’m trying to be optimistic. I think the errors made in yesterday’s performance are all fixable. The penalties, muffing a punt, poor tackling. Those are all fixable, I just hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later. 

The offense looks good. Not really a surprise there. I feel extremely comfortable having Sam lead. Defense needs some work, but more importantly, they just need to be more disciplined. I’ve accepted the fact that we are going to watch sloppy football this 2020 season across the board (besides Bama or Clemson lol). I’ll just take W’s anyway we can get them. 

Every team is going to have a bad game. Hopefully that was ours. Texas literally did everything they could to give TTU that game.

The late game offensive play-calling was utter garbage. Before those last 2 drives, I think Sam had only had 8 pass attempts the entire second half. That was partially due to the offensive line catching so many penalties. It would seem every time Texas would break out of the funk, get a good completion or 1st down, they'd be called back for holding. It was ridiculous.

Also I expect the special teams miscues to be fixed. 

I do think Texas secondary was a little exposed yesterday, not necessarily for not being good, but for their size. I wasn't aware of how short all of the Texas DBs were. They still at times made great plays, just were literally physically unable to do better. The Vasher kid would catch the ball at the finger tips of the DB in his face. 

The Bowman kid was good too. I can't take anything away from him. I've only heard how good he was, was never able to see it because he was hurt. He's definitely as advertised. 

10 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I can't believe Bijan got up from this and walked off and supposedly actually went through practice/walk-through/ect the next day.

EjBBVvXWsAE9UEz.jpeg

Is that not insane? Dude was walking around on the sidelines like nothing happened. Gotta be sore.