Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But where’s he going to transfer from?

I don’t really understand why he committed to Texas so early in the first place. This was always a make or break season for Texas. Why not wait until the season was over?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

If Texas somehow loses to WVU, is Herman gone no matter what?

Am I wrong in thinking that anything short of winning out/playing for Big XII title is grounds for firing Herman? If I recall, UT was favored to win the conference, due to Sam coming back and other teams re-building. If UT doesn't even get to the CCG, how does the leadership rationalize keeping Herman? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LOL said:

Am I wrong in thinking that anything short of winning out/playing for Big XII title is grounds for firing Herman? If I recall, UT was favored to win the conference, due to Sam coming back and other teams re-building. If UT doesn't even get to the CCG, how does the leadership rationalize keeping Herman? 

My thoughts exactly. I think if Herman wants to keep his job, he has to win out and make it to the Big 12 CG. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only thing that would maintain his job would be his HUGE payout. We have a huge bank account, but with COVID cutting into everyone it's tough to write a $25 plus million check.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I think the only thing that would maintain his job would be his HUGE payout. We have a huge bank account, but with COVID cutting into everyone it's tough to write a $25 plus million check.

 

Plus for the rest of staff plus the new staff... Its highly likely anyone not named Urban cost them around a 75 mil this offseason for a total staff worth of buyouts. Im just not convinced in a covid year and considering the economy (election about to be a mess in courts) that they shell out that kind of money. I think as bad as Texas fans want him gone, he can still save his job for anyone other than Urban Meyer who nobody knows for sure is even interested in coaching much less taking the texas job. Nobody else they could realistically get is worth that type of money unless they drop 3 more games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, LOL said:

Am I wrong in thinking that anything short of winning out/playing for Big XII title is grounds for firing Herman? If I recall, UT was favored to win the conference, due to Sam coming back and other teams re-building. If UT doesn't even get to the CCG, how does the leadership rationalize keeping Herman? 

This is correct according to the paid message boards. He’ll have to win the Big12 to keep his job. Apparently BMD weren’t exactly impressed with the win over OKST but they understand you can’t fire a guy that wins his conference. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, ETXfan16 said:

If Texas somehow loses to WVU, is Herman gone no matter what?

Is this is where the program is? Letting go a coach game to game isn’t a recipe for success even if you had an indication that Meyer is coming. Let em go now then evaluate your decision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This is correct according to the paid message boards. He’ll have to win the Big12 to keep his job. Apparently BMD weren’t exactly impressed with the win over OKST but they understand you can’t fire a guy that wins his conference. 

Agree but if you’re not 100% backing him then you should let em go JMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The offense is extremely bland. 

Ehlinger seems off again this week. It's obvious that he and Jake Smith are not on the same page, and it's getting frustrating. Sam's also hesitating again on deep throws allowing the defense to correct themselves and make a play or fortunately in some cases commit pass interference. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

Ehlinger seems off again this week. It's obvious that he and Jake Smith are not on the same page, and it's getting frustrating. Sam's also hesitating again on deep throws allowing the defense to correct themselves and make a play or fortunately in some cases commit pass interference. 

It does look like Sam is a lil off this yr for a 4yr starter, but I'm convinced it's just coaching, Sam needs to trust himself more rather than listening to his QB coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Ehlinger seems off again this week. It's obvious that he and Jake Smith are not on the same page, and it's getting frustrating. Sam's also hesitating again on deep throws allowing the defense to correct themselves and make a play or fortunately in some cases commit pass interference. 

100% and I hate the 3rd down play calling. That’s twice Sam has thrown 30 yards down field when all they need is 8 yards or less. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First half takeaways: 

- Something is off with Sam. He has missed so many throws 

- Jake Smith is not Jordan Shipley on 3rd downs 

- Dicker has been hit and miss. He’s barely sneaking in XPs. 

- defense is playing extremely well but the offense wants to give this game away 

- and my biggest beef right now with Herman, Robinson has 5 carries for 77 yards. And I’m pretty sure all of those were in the first quarter. He’s been pretty absent since. What are you thinking tommy boy? 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

First half takeaways: 

- Something is off with Sam. He has missed so many throws 

- Jake Smith is not Jordan Shipley on 3rd downs 

- Dicker has been hit and miss. He’s barely sneaking in XPs. 

- defense is playing extremely well but the offense wants to give this game away 

- and my biggest beef right now with Herman, Robinson has 5 carries for 77 yards. And I’m pretty sure all of those were in the first quarter. He’s been pretty absent since. What are you thinking tommy boy? 
 

 

Tom is about to out the exit door

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 8:33 AM, WETSU said:

Plus for the rest of staff plus the new staff... Its highly likely anyone not named Urban cost them around a 75 mil this offseason for a total staff worth of buyouts. Im just not convinced in a covid year and considering the economy (election about to be a mess in courts) that they shell out that kind of money. I think as bad as Texas fans want him gone, he can still save his job for anyone other than Urban Meyer who nobody knows for sure is even interested in coaching much less taking the texas job. Nobody else they could realistically get is worth that type of money unless they drop 3 more games. 

Maybe Todd Dodge........he's got ties all over Texas in recruiting and has a resume.......and he's right there next door.  Should have offered the job to him instead of Herman from the gitgo.......Texas would have been waaay better off now if they had.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Maybe Todd Dodge........he's got ties all over Texas in recruiting and has a resume.......and he's right there next door.  Should have offered the job to him instead of Herman from the gitgo.......Texas would have been waaay better off now if they had.

Besides.......he's an Orangeblood and has an offensive mindset for the Big 12.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

No thank you.

That's what everybody's initial thought is.......but just look what Texas has now and tell me how that hire turned out.  Maybe Meyer ain't right for Texas.......for a number of reasons.  Just cuz Dodge had a tough go at N. Texas ain't no sin......that's a tough nut to cut in the State of Texas with the recruiting all divided up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...