The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But where’s he going to transfer from?

I don’t really understand why he committed to Texas so early in the first place. This was always a make or break season for Texas. Why not wait until the season was over?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Lots of Longhorns declaring and transfer portaling.

Overshown announced he’ll be back next year. Denzel Okafor and Tope Imade as well. Both CBs Jamison and Thompson are coming back 

Texas is losing mostly the young guys that think Herman is coming back.

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Overshown announced he’ll be back next year. Denzel Okafor and Tope Imade as well. Both CBs Jamison and Thompson are coming back 

Texas is losing mostly the young guys that think Herman is coming back.

Yes, was excited to see Overshown confirm his return. He’ll be that much better after next year, fun player to watch.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

So what the feeling about Texas. 

Do you think Herman is really gone? 
Do you think Meyer is the answer or even an option? 

Does Herman get another year? The bowl probably not a determining factor. 

You’ll know when we do!  CDC is the determining factor 

57 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lol I was curious about the situation. The better off A&M is will be disastrous for Texas IMO. The horns need A&M and Ou to be average for Texas to be truly back.

Not necessarily.  Texas’ demise has mainly been their own doing.  aTm did open the door a little more for the sec but Texas needs to take care of themselves and everything will get better.

• Like 2
On 12/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lol I was curious about the situation. The better off A&M is will be disastrous for Texas IMO. The horns need A&M and Ou to be average for Texas to be truly back.

This is hilarious! When has OU been average, the Blake era? A&M is irrelevant to the Horns success. If they resume the Thanksgiving game and the Aggies are beating them every year, that is the only way I could see that mattering. A&M will  continue to struggle in the SEC West until King Saban retires. 

• Thanks 1
On 12/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

The Ohio States, et al are the "threat" to Texas but the real nemesis is Texas themselves.  Typically the brand recruits itself but having a coach like Herman in there that is on the bubble and/or cannot develop the latent talent is the real reason Texas is losing recruits and some of the current players.

A&M going to the SEC basically turned a standard doorway into a French Door IMO.  It just quickened the pace.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

This is hilarious! When has OU been average, the Blake era? A&M is irrelevant to the Horns success. If they resume the Thanksgiving game and the Aggies are beating them every year, that is the only way I could see that mattering. A&M will  continue to struggle in the SEC West until King Saban retires. 

Technically the better off are as a contender the worse that is for Texas . Don’t kid yourself. This isn’t 2009 anymore.

35 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

The Ohio States, et al are the "threat" to Texas but the real nemesis is Texas themselves.  Typically the brand recruits itself but having a coach like Herman in there that is on the bubble and/or cannot develop the latent talent is the real reason Texas is losing recruits and some of the current players.

A&M going to the SEC basically turned a standard doorway into a French Door IMO.  It just quickened the pace.

Agree Texas needs to win at least be in the Big 12 championship talk and have Ou lose in the playoffs and A&M to continue having 7-5 seasons.  Neither will happen as long as Jimbo is there and Ou probably never drops off.

Just now, Hookemhorns88 said:

Not sure about being the “front runner” but his name has entered into the discussion.

I was just told Kelly is the new favorite, but Texas will make one last run at Urban. 

IMO, if Urban knows Kelly is on Texas' radar, he will pass on Texas and go to ND instead. Dream job, closer to home. Seems like a win-win for each school...

13 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I was just told Kelly is the new favorite, but Texas will make one last run at Urban. 

IMO, if Urban knows Kelly is on Texas' radar, he will pass on Texas and go to ND instead. Dream job, closer to home. Seems like a win-win for each school...

I’d rather have Hugh Freeze than Brian Kelly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Former Carthage tackle Crawford in the transfer portal...…….If he qualifies academically, Texas should be trying to get him now.

He’s headed to Kansas, from what I’ve read. They hired his oline coach from Charlotte. 

• Like 1