The Smoakhouse Forums

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

The 3man front can work beautifully you just absolutely have to have the right personnel to run it. Texas hasn’t had it imo. The dline was a little undersized for it. 

We ran a 3-3-5 and it worked perfectly the past few seasons. However, 2018 graduation depleted our DL and LBs depth in 2019. We ended up playing horrible on defense this past year, and our DC and DL coaches were fired.

Shaka Smart is signed thru 2023 ........ I wonder if the big money boosters can stand watching a bunch of tall athletes play basketball another 3 years or if they are ready to put some basketball players/shooters on the court. Shaka is apparently unable to recruit very good/great shooters. 

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Shaka Smart is signed thru 2023 ........ I wonder if the big money boosters can stand watching a bunch of tall athletes play basketball another 3 years or if they are ready to put some basketball players/shooters on the court. Shaka is apparently unable to recruit very good/great shooters. 

Basketball is banned from this thread until Shaka is gone. 

I really do not see how they can keep Smart. Winning the NIT just prolonged the agony.

Charlie Strong has committed to the 2020 Class of the Nick Saban Rehab School. No word yet on which HC program he will transfer to in 2021.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/charlie-strong-joining-alabama-coaching-staff-as-defensive-analyst-for-crimson-tide-per-report/amp/

• Haha 1

I know this isn't football, but I wanted to shout this out. Texas Men's Swimming and Diving won its 41st consecutive conference title this weekend. Has to be the most dominant statistic I've ever seen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I know this isn't football, but I wanted to shout this out. Texas Men's Swimming and Diving won its 41st consecutive conference title this weekend. Has to be the most dominant statistic I've ever seen. 

that is insane

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

When does spring football start?

After spring break. Herman pushes it back 2 weeks this year to allow the players to get more comfortable with the playbooks before real practices start. 

2011 Texas at A&M on The Longhorn Network right now. Aggies are up at halftime. I wonder how it's going to end... :cowboy:

On 3/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, Lhornfan said:

2011 Texas at A&M on The Longhorn Network right now. Aggies are up at halftime. I wonder how it's going to end... :cowboy:

Spoiler Alert: how it always does ;) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Spoiler Alert: how it always does ;) 

So it ends with someone bringing up stuff from half a century ago, and everyone else getting bored and leaving? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LOL said:

So it ends with someone bringing up stuff from half a century ago, and everyone else getting bored and leaving? 

Well I just meant the same thing that happens every time the LHN plays that game... but... yeah

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Well I just meant the same thing that happens every time the LHN plays that game... but... yeah

Have you seen the videos of the parents showing their kids the replay of the ‘92 Duke/Kentucky Laettner game? It’s the funniest, most heartbreaking thing you’ll ever see. These parents passing on their hate and pain on to their kids. 

USC vs Texas 2005 rerun on the Longhorn Network! Catch it while you can, because they never play it on LHN.

Sarcastic Boy Meets World GIF

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

USC vs Texas 2005 rerun on the Longhorn Network! Catch it while you can, because they never play it on LHN.

Sarcastic Boy Meets World GIF

Going to be on ESPN in primetime tomorrow night I believe...

On 4/1/2020 at 12:30 PM, topher805 said:

Going to be on ESPN in primetime tomorrow night I believe...

Twitter was fun for a Texas fan last night. 

• Like 1

TFB says WR Quay Davis is about to commit to USC.  This would be his 3rd commit.  They say if the staff wants him, then he'll end up at Texas, but they wont takes his commitment right now.  Has a kid and may have other off-field issues.

• Thanks 1

OL Denzel Okafor removed his name from the transfer portal. 

• Like 1

UT President Greg Fenves Fenves leaving to take job at Emory University. 

12 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

UT President Greg Fenves Fenves leaving to take job at Emory University. 

Not a bad gig at all...