Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

New year, new season. 
 

With a favorable 2020 schedule and the experience coming back for the Aggies, what do y’all expect to see this year? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

New year, new season. 
 

With a favorable 2020 schedule and the experience coming back for the Aggies, what do y’all expect to see this year? 

With that schedule and what returning anything less than 9-3 is a dissapointing season. 

2020 Texas A&M Football Schedule

Saturday, Sept. 5

Abilene Christian vs. Texas A&M

Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 12

North Texas vs. Texas A&M

Kyle Field

Saturday, Sept. 19

Colorado vs.Texas A&M

Saturday, Sept. 26

Texas A&M vs. Arkansas*

Arlington, Texas

Saturday, Oct. 3

Texas A&M at Mississippi State*

Starkville, Miss.

Saturday, Oct. 10

Fresno State vs. Texas A&M

Kyle Field

Saturday, Oct. 17

Texas A&M at Auburn*

Auburn, Ala.

Saturday, Oct. 24

Texas A&M at South Carolina*

Columbia, S.C.

Saturday, Nov. 7

Ole Miss vs. Texas A&M*

Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 14

Vanderbilt vs. Texas A&M*

Kyle Field

Saturday, Nov. 21

Texas A&M at Alabama*

Saturday, Nov. 28

LSU vs. Texas A&M*

Kyle Field

 

Year three is ususally where you see more success.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t start 6-0 there’s a big problem.  Auburn is the swing game for me.

 

9-3/10-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jimbo will allow Mond to scramble and use his legs like he did in the Texas Bowl against Oklahoma State the Aggies will have a chance to have a good season. If Jimbo tries to force Mond into being a pocket passer like he did this past regular season A&M will lose a game or two they easily could’ve won on Mond’s athleticism alone. The OL development will be key too just like it will be for UT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could easily be a 10-2 year for A&M.  I am not sure what LSU is losing, but let's just say we put the current backup at QB next year for Burrow... A&M may be better on offense than LSU next year.... Which would give me 10-2 for them with losses at Auburn and Alabama.  JMHO.

I am still not convinced that A&M is going to be great, but that schedule sets up nicely for them.  Looks like an Alabama schedule molded by the hands of Saban himself :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

If you don’t start 6-0 there’s a big problem.  Auburn is the swing game for me.

 

9-3/10-2

9 games against teams with a losing record this past season.  SEC gauntlet indeed.  I'll say 8-4 early prediction.  Losses to Auburn, LSU, Bama' and then one to Ole Miss or one of the road games.  Mond is good for a dud performance on the road or 2 and I don't think the OL will be any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

This could easily be a 10-2 year for A&M.  I am not sure what LSU is losing, but let's just say we put the current backup at QB next year for Burrow... A&M may be better on offense than LSU next year.... Which would give me 10-2 for them with losses at Auburn and Alabama.  JMHO.

I am still not convinced that A&M is going to be great, but that schedule sets up nicely for them.  Looks like an Alabama schedule molded by the hands of Saban himself :lol: 

Get thee behind me, Saban! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start a new Aggies thread and 4 of the 7 comments are from Longhorn fans. Tell me again about who your real rival is lol. 

 

On a serious note, next season is about Oline play. Monds rollercoaster ups and downs have a lot to do with having no running game and being hit probably more than any QB in the country. Even on his completed passes he’s taking shots. Give him a little bit of a running game and I think LSU and auburn are both very winnable games next year. Mainly because I expect the defense to be a top 25 unit and auburn and LSU both replace a lot. 

11-1 is within reach. 

10-2 is likely. 

9-3 is possible 

8-4 is a let down and rumblings will start. 

7-5 I don’t even want to think about lol  

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the team stays healthy at key positions (QB, RB), if the o-line bounces back, if this defense can improve, if the lightbulb goes on for Mond then 2020 could be a very good year in Aggieland. Looking at the schedule, a very biased “on paper” projection would be 10 wins. 9 is more realistic with a Mond “uh oh loss” in there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

The usual...

 

That was under Sumlin. Jimbo teams get better over the course of a season. 

That said, ending the season with Alabama and LSU is gonna be rough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stoney said:

If the team stays healthy at key positions (QB, RB), if the o-line bounces back, if this defense can improve, if the lightbulb goes on for Mond then 2020 could be a very good year in Aggieland. Looking at the schedule, a very biased “on paper” projection would be 10 wins. 9 is more realistic with a Mond “uh oh loss” in there. 

This all hinges on the OL. 

I can't think of a single game lost that was on Mond. The OL? Different story. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That was under Sumlin. Jimbo teams get better over the course of a season. 

That said, ending the season with Alabama and LSU is gonna be rough. 

It's all in good fun. That cartoon was made years ago, and you can expect me to post it again prior to the 2021 season. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

It's all in good fun. That cartoon was made years ago, and you can expect me to post it again prior to the 2021 season. 😁

They need some new material. The MSPaint stuff is hilarious. 

862gLyJ.jpg

Also think it's hilarious how hard they rode the "aggy waiting on SEC offer" animation but immediately abandoned it when the SEC offered A&M a couple weeks later. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kendrick Rogers going pro.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Kendrick Rogers going pro.

He kinda underperform this year. Two of top recievers going into the Draft . Hopefully the Aggies have quality replacements. I don't believe reciever was big concern. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Kendrick Rogers going pro.

Him along with DB Debione Renfrow! Good luck to both but they are both replaceable in my opinion 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

He kinda underperform this year. Two of top recievers going into the Draft . Hopefully the Aggies have quality replacements. I don't believe reciever was big concern. 

Rogers starting and playing majority of the snaps was a joke all season. He did nothing. He can’t stretch the field, he couldn’t get even the slightest bit open underneath. He dropped passes and for a guy his size was basically non existent in the red zone... I have never been more excited to see a player leave in my entire life. I’d rather watch clay Honeycutt cover a wheel route than watch Rogers play another game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Him along with DB Debione Renfrow! Good luck to both but they are both replaceable in my opinion 👍

Renfro is a scrappy guy but he just is too slow to play the position. A&M will be a MUCH faster team next year with just these two departures alone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Renfro is a scrappy guy but he just is too slow to play the position. A&M will be a MUCH faster team next year with just these two departures alone. 

I agree, this will give the youth a chance to step up and make an impact. Jimbo has recruited some great talent and I think it’s going to start showing a lot more next season. We saw a glimpse of it this year with all the true freshman that contributed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Rogers starting and playing majority of the snaps was a joke all season. He did nothing. He can’t stretch the field, he couldn’t get even the slightest bit open underneath. He dropped passes and for a guy his size was basically non existent in the red zone... I have never been more excited to see a player leave in my entire life. I’d rather watch clay Honeycutt cover a wheel route than watch Rogers play another game. 

So safe to say you don't expect him to get drafted. I wonder if he getting bad advice or thinks he can have development or won't see the field much next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Him along with DB Debione Renfrow! Good luck to both but they are both replaceable in my opinion 👍

Renfro benefited by injuries. Wouldn't see the field next year and definitely won't get drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Renfro benefited by injuries. Wouldn't see the field next year and definitely won't get drafted. 

Like wet said, he lacks speed but makes up for it with effort. I could see him getting drafted in the later rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

The usual...

ECkkh5_WkAAQM6k.jpg

I was thinking same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...