The Smoakhouse Forums

18 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I could seriously delete the last 6 pages of this thread, and no one would have missed a thing. 

I have to check the title to make sure I’m not in the Aggie 2011 thread. 😂

• Haha 2
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

Since he got a Twitter and learned to copy/paste lol

Thats a potential season defining win. Finishing 9-1 and making a playoff push is a very real possibility.

Posted Images

A&M hires former LSU RB coach/ Assistant head coach Tommie Robinson to be the new Running Back Coach.

• Like 1

Leon O’Neal in the transfer portal. I’ll give the kid credit for not being as big of a headache as some figured he would be.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Leon O’Neal in the transfer portal. I’ll give the kid credit for not being as big of a headache as some figured he would be.

Strange timing on this. I wonder if during offseason workouts it’s becoming apparent he is about to get passed on the depth chart. I just don’t understand why you leave now and not before the semester started so you could go through spring ball somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

This one has me confused. He must’ve saw the writing on the wall. 

10 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

This one has me confused. He must’ve saw the writing on the wall. 

Spring ball hasn’t even started is what’s confusing me. I expected a move after then maybe, but what’s going on right now that has him thinking it’s time to leave? 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Spring ball hasn’t even started is what’s confusing me. I expected a move after then maybe, but what’s going on right now that has him thinking it’s time to leave? 

I heard he decided to enter the portal a couple of weeks ago, but was slow to actually do it

Complete rumor at this point, but someone on 24/7 is claiming a family member of another player on the team said O’Neal was being asked to bulk up and try linebacker since he lacks the speed A&M wants at FS. This Transfer announcement also comes just days after he tweeted he was the best safety in the country (lol) so it’s possible he didn’t take the suggestion well. Like I said, complete rumor but the pieces do sort of fit. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, WETSU said:

Complete rumor at this point, but someone on 24/7 is claiming a family member of another player on the team said O’Neal was being asked to bulk up and try linebacker since he lacks the speed A&M wants at FS. This Transfer announcement also comes just days after he tweeted he was the best safety in the country (lol) so it’s possible he didn’t take the suggestion well. Like I said, complete rumor but the pieces do sort of fit. 

This makes sense to me. But I feel like there is more to the story here. This is weird timing to enter the portal.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

This makes sense to me. But I feel like there is more to the story here. This is weird timing to enter the portal.

There very well may be. It’s possible he got into it with coaching staff over that tweet the other day and is leaving because of it. Possibly struggling with grades at the mid term and knows he will need to be looking elsewhere. Lots of possible scenarios at play here and with his vocal attitude, they could all be plausible. Nothing would shock me. 

• Like 1
On 2/15/2020 at 2:59 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Hey @Stoney, What happened to that insider @Champ1000 (Lion)? Been mighty quiet here lately?

I am here . I can always count on your concern. I am surely appreciate you missing me. I am not a guru that is reserved for you. 

• Confused 1
22 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

I am here . I can always count on your concern. I am surely appreciate you missing me. I am not a guru that is reserved for you. 

Can you say that in pig latin please?

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Can you say that in pig latin please?

I was just saying you're awfully concerned about my posting on here for some unknown reason.  Kinda obvious in your responses and attitude you tend to portray with others. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3
  • 1 month later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Roshauud-Paul-transfers-to-Arkansas-State-146188922/Amp/

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Landon Jackson commits to LSU. 

Bit of a surprise.  I always thought this recruitment would be an Alfred Collins - like with him visiting Texas a few more times and eventually picking the legacy school.

11 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Bit of a surprise.  I always thought this recruitment would be an Alfred Collins - like with him visiting Texas a few more times and eventually picking the legacy school.

Out of all this class, that’s the one I felt the most sure about winding up at A&M. It’s a crazy recruiting season and it’s just gonna get crazier.

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Out of all this class, that’s the one I felt the most sure about winding up at A&M. It’s a crazy recruiting season and it’s just gonna get crazier.

As I've said before, I'm just sick of seeing all this talent in Texas go out of state. The best state in the country for HS football, one of the tops in the country at producing NFL talent, a plethora of Texas colleges to choose from, and they still go out of state. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If/when visits are allowed I think we'll see a bunch of these commits during this time take visits to other places

5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

As I've said before, I'm just sick of seeing all this talent in Texas go out of state. The best state in the country for HS football, one of the tops in the country at producing NFL talent, a plethora of Texas colleges to choose from, and they still go out of state. 

I can get LSU. I don’t like it but I can understand it. It’s the kids going north to Ohio State that bugs me. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

If/when visits are allowed I think we'll see a bunch of these commits during this time take visits to other places

There’s no contact right now, right? It’s a dead period? 

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

I can get LSU. I don’t like it but I can understand it. It’s the kids going north to Ohio State that bugs me. 

Yeah, especially considering Columbus is one godforsaken place to live. Say what you will about Oklahoma, at least it's mild during the winter. Ohio is the trailer park of the United States. 

• Haha 1