• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

Since he got a Twitter and learned to copy/paste lol

Those rankings are Aggie rankings only. They do their own rankings for the state. It’s kinda misleading that they pass it off as real ranking but meh.

Posted Images

I got A&M 3rd with a tough game against Auburn to possibly finish 4th, but I don't know a tenth of SEC football that SEC Mike would know. I'm just going with my gut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I got A&M 3rd with a tough game against Auburn to possibly finish 4th, but I don't know a tenth of SEC football that SEC Mike would know. I'm just going with my gut.

If there’s a season this year, I’ll take A&M’s floor as 3rd place with a shot at 2nd. It’ll all come down to LSU and Auburn. A split could happen. 2-0 would be great against them. That’s if a season actually happens.

38 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Agree will believe it when I see it. Mond doesn’t seem to have that leadership . Then again the schedule is easier and Fisher is established at A&am. 

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If there’s a season this year, I’ll take A&M’s floor as 3rd place with a shot at 2nd. It’ll all come down to LSU and Auburn. A split could happen. 2-0 would be great against them. That’s if a season actually happens.

Yep somewhat optimistic but usually have disappointment when expectations are high.

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

If A&M does not go 2-1 when they play Alabama, LSU, and Auburn then I do not see how you can say it was a successful season.

2-1 or bust. That’s pretty much it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

If A&M does not go 2-1 when they play Alabama, LSU, and Auburn then I do not see how you can say it was a successful season.

Agreed. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to beat lsu at home this year.  

Also feel auburn won't ever be much easier either. Lost virtually the entire defensive front 7, have very little offensive line help and no apparent game changers at skill positions at the moment.

All this while A&M brings back almost the entire 2 deep from last year on both sides of the ball plus added some instant playing time freshman in some key positions. This year with no spring ball and probably weird instances where teams get hit with a covid outbreak meaning players miss time and depth and experience becomes crucial, pretty much gives A&M extreme advantages over the two. 

Alabama wins the SEC West. 2nd place will come down to the winner of A&M vs Auburn. Until the season starts and I see otherwise, I do not expect LSU to be near as good as they were last season. I'm sticking with my prediction of 4-5 losses for them (Florida being the toss-up), losing to both Texas schools on the schedule. 

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 1:24 PM, WETSU said:

Agreed. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to beat lsu at home this year.  

Also feel auburn won't ever be much easier either. Lost virtually the entire defensive front 7, have very little offensive line help and no apparent game changers at skill positions at the moment.

All this while A&M brings back almost the entire 2 deep from last year on both sides of the ball plus added some instant playing time freshman in some key positions. This year with no spring ball and probably weird instances where teams get hit with a covid outbreak meaning players miss time and depth and experience becomes crucial, pretty much gives A&M extreme advantages over the two. 

If Brennan can ball at 75% of what Burrow did then LSU won’t have many issues this year... but I am a pessimist and just don’t see it on the offensive side

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

If Brennan can ball at 75% of what Burrow did then LSU won’t have many issues this year... but I am a pessimist and just don’t see it on the offensive side

I think the defense takes a big step back as well. Aranda is one of the best in the business and they lost a lot of production. Both sides will take some time to find their footing. This game being late in the season certainly helps lsu in that regard though. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I think the defense takes a big step back as well. Aranda is one of the best in the business and they lost a lot of production. Both sides will take some time to find their footing. This game being late in the season certainly helps lsu in that regard though. 

Coach Eaux has his title.  If we need a rebuilding year, then he can have it 😂

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Coach Eaux has his title.  If we need a rebuilding year, then he can have it 😂

Ed O definitely just gave himself 3-4 years of breathing room. 

So it’s looking like Texas A&M will not play us this year. I was looking forward to talking trash to my buddies (even though it wouldn’t be close).I read that the SEC will adopt a 10 game conference schedule.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

So it’s looking like Texas A&M will not play us this year. I was looking forward to talking trash to my buddies (even though it wouldn’t be close).I read that the SEC will adopt a 10 game conference schedule.

Looking like a all SEC schedule this year.

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Yep, it’s going to be an interesting year.

Week one happens. Week two, season gets canceled . 80 teams claiming the Natty. Lol

• Haha 2
On 7/27/2020 at 11:47 AM, Valhalla said:

So you’re saying they have to beat LSU and Auburn?

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So you’re saying they have to beat LSU and Auburn?

I'll say it: A&M must beat Auburn and LSU (or Alabama) for 2020 to be a successful season. 
They can lose to LSU and still have a successful season, IF they still beat Alabama.
They can lose to Auburn and still have a successful season, IF they still beat Alabama and LSU.

Jimbo was their "swinging for the fences" hire. If he doesn't make a play for the SEC title this season (assuming there even is a season), the Aggies got gypped. 

Another 9-4/8-5 type season ain't gonna cut it, not for what they're paying him. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LOL said:

I'll say it: A&M must beat Auburn and LSU (or Alabama) for 2020 to be a successful season. 
They can lose to LSU and still have a successful season, IF they still beat Alabama.
They can lose to Auburn and still have a successful season, IF they still beat Alabama and LSU.

Jimbo was their "swinging for the fences" hire. If he doesn't make a play for the SEC title this season (assuming there even is a season), the Aggies got gypped. 

Another 9-4/8-5 type season ain't gonna cut it, not for what they're paying him. 

Can we change it to 3-1 if Florida or Georgia gets added to the schedule?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Can we change it to 3-1 if Florida or Georgia gets added to the schedule?

I'm open to that...  like, say A&M loses to Alabama/LSU, but manages to beat Auburn and Florida/Georgia? Sure...  that's fair. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I'm open to that...  like, say A&M loses to Alabama/LSU, but manages to beat Auburn and Florida/Georgia? Sure...  that's fair. 

You have to consider that if we go by rankings assigned by rivals, scout, etc. A&M is still less talented than a lot of those programs. The gap has certainly closer under Jimbo and we'll overtake Auburn soon enough. 

I didn't realize how much work Jimbo had in front of him. Sumlin wasn't a bad recruiter, but he was nowhere in the league of the other SEC powers.

• Like 1

Arkansas game has been moved from AT&T Stadium to Kyle Field.