The Smoakhouse Forums

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Kilgore College JUCO RB Earnest Crownover commits to A&M on his visit to College Station. His brother Dametrious Crownover is a huge 2021 recruit. 

My guess is he will take over Richardson’s role as being a bigger back used in short yardage situations. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

My guess is he will take over Richardson’s role as being a bigger back used in short yardage situations. 

Easily could be. I’m okay with it. With the turnover at RB we needed depth. Spiller, Achane, Jackson, Crownover and maybe some Ainias Smith could be a solid group with different skill sets. That last spot in the class is gonna be interesting. You roll the dice on Evans? How much of a shot do you have with McKinley Jackson? Is Shepherd going to have to go JUCO? Do you take one of the other RBs that’s coming in for a visit over the next few weeks? Is it another spot that could used for 2021? Guess we’ll find out in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Kilgore College JUCO RB Earnest Crownover commits to A&M on his visit to College Station. His brother Dametrious Crownover is a huge 2021 recruit. 

A&M needed that with all the transfers. I read his brother is a quality 2021 prospect as well . Keep an eye on that. One spot left I believe goes to Evans if he qualifies. It will be interesting whom Fisher picks. Risk/Reward is awful high with Evans.

The last spot in the class imo will be Jackson at DT. If Evans wants in, I think they find a way though. Not sure how but I just have a feeling there’s a plan in place. 

• Like 1

Heard talk of Crownover blue shirting which means he doesn’t actually take up a scholarship this year it would be for next year, meaning Evans might still be in play also. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Heard talk of Crownover blue shirting which means he doesn’t actually take up a scholarship this year it would be for next year, meaning Evans might still be in play also. 

Interesting that is probably the better play. I really never heard of that term . I assume you don't play or kinda like a walk on? 

24 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Interesting that is probably the better play. I really never heard of that term . I assume you don't play or kinda like a walk on? 

No somehow he would be eligible to play just wouldn’t count towards this years scholarships. I think maybe he spends the first semester as a walk on and then gets a scholarship the following semester. I’m not really sure. And I’m not sure he is a candidate for that, I just don’t think you take this kid if you think it’s even 50/50 with Evans. Evans is qualified so we know he will be somewhere, and really only 3-4 teams are in the picture right now. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

What’s the difference in blue shirting and gray shirting?

i found it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2016/1/28/10842688/ncaa-football-grayshirt-blueshirt-redshirt-rules

• Thanks 1

Demond Demas is AWESOME! Demas is probably the most elite player A&M has had since Johnny. 
Dude is going to be really good, and legitimately is a freakish athlete with speed and outrageous leaping ability. 
I am ready to see him play.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Demond Demas is AWESOME! Demas is probably the most elite player A&M has had since Johnny. 
Dude is going to be really good, and legitimately is a freakish athlete with speed and outrageous leaping ability. 
I am ready to see him play.

It was impressive what he did last night after sitting out a whole season of football. 

32 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

It was impressive what he did last night after sitting out a whole season of football. 

He’s special. Y’all got a really good one. 

• Like 1

A&M hires TJ Rushing to be new cornerbacks coach. 

39 minutes ago, Stoney said:

A&M hires TJ Rushing to be new cornerbacks coach. 

So should have been a RB coach kidding aside good hire? 

2 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

So should have been a RB coach kidding aside good hire? 

He’s known as a good players coach with ability to develop. His recruiting isn’t yet known if he can land studs because he hasn’t been at a program capable of that yet, but on the surface he has the tools to be a good hire. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like things went good with the Hubbard kid. Looking like he’ll be #24 in the ‘20 class. 

41 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Looks like things went good with the Hubbard kid. Looking like he’ll be #24 in the ‘20 class. 

Assuming that closes the door on Evans. Not sure I agree with this decision to take Hubbard. He’s not a difference maker imo. I don’t see him playing over spiller Achane or Anias Smith if they leave him there. And that’s not even talking about Crownover now who may or may not fight for carries as well. You could have held out for Evans and if he didn’t get in just saved the ship for a 2021 class early enrollee. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Assuming that closes the door on Evans. Not sure I agree with this decision to take Hubbard. He’s not a difference maker imo. I don’t see him playing over spiller Achane or Anias Smith if they leave him there. And that’s not even talking about Crownover now who may or may not fight for carries as well. You could have held out for Evans and if he didn’t get in just saved the ship for a 2021 class early enrollee. 

Looking they got word that Crownover will blueshirt. Won’t be here the spring semester but should be in CS in the fall. So I’m wondering why the push for Hubbard now? Spiller, Achane, Jackson, Crownover, Smith. You can play with that for a year. Guess we’ll see how it turns out.

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Looking they got word that Crownover will blueshirt. Won’t be here the spring semester but should be in CS in the fall. So I’m wondering why the push for Hubbard now? Spiller, Achane, Jackson, Crownover, Smith. You can play with that for a year. Guess we’ll see how it turns out.

I think the Crownover take was simply at a play at his brother. I mean A&M needs a RB so it’s not exactly a wasted ship, but having him blueshirt and getting him in campus can only help with his brother. 

• Like 2

James Coley, the former Georgia OC, is the new TE coach for A&M.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

HUGE hire. This guy is a stud recruiter. Very similar to Brewster. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

HUGE hire. This guy is a stud recruiter. Very similar to Brewster. 

Doing a little reading up on him, it’s a good hire. Has ties to Jimbo as his OC. Supposed to be a good recruiter in Florida. If he can come in and help boost Mond and this offense while helping get another top 10 class I’ll call him a home run hire.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Great hire 

6 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Great hire 

Agree whenever you can get a former OC and great recruiter on your staff to be a position coach is a good thing. I hope they go Tight end sets with Cupp coming back. Would be a interesting formation.

10 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Agree whenever you can get a former OC and great recruiter on your staff to be a position coach is a good thing. I hope they go Tight end sets with Cupp coming back. Would be a interesting formation.

You’ll see a lot of 12 and 21 personnel depending on the situation. A&M is going to want both TEs on at times and then get Spiller Achane on at times. Smith sprinkled in as well. 

• Like 1

Marshall Malchow, Georgia’s former Director of Player Personnel, will be the new Associated AD for Football Personnel at A&M. Helped play a part in three straight top 3 classes for Georgia, I guess. Honestly have no idea what his job is or does.

• Like 1