The Smoakhouse Forums

16 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Maybe... and I say maybe because if true it turned out to be a call that almost bit him in the , but maybe he didn't want Alabama to have any film on Demas and Achane. I'm not sure how much it would matter seeing how Bama has guys that can run like those two, but it could play a factor in the first half.

I agree if that was the plan, it's dumb. I do expect Demas to get a couple of looks next week simply because A&M will need him to be the star he is made out to be to even have a prayer. Like I said maybe teach him one formation with a few routes and let it fly. There's simply no reason that's not possible. Doesn't have to start, doesn't have to know the whole playbook, just a few plays to try to see what he can do. Maybe throw a go to him every now and then just to prove you can. I haven't seen A&M throw a 9 route in like 2 years.... 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

As another data point with Mond, my college roommate’s daughter went to school with Mond in San Antonio (prior to attending IMG) and had nothing kind to say about him.

Said college roommate, who is knowledgeable in football, commented years ago that Mond is not a good QB and not just in the physical sense.

No bias intended or implied.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

As another data point with Mond, my college roommate’s daughter went to school with Mond in San Antonio (prior to attending IMG) and had nothing kind to say about him.

Said college roommate, who is knowledgeable in football, commented years ago that Mond is not a good QB and not just in the physical sense.

No bias intended or implied.

I don't think anyone believes Mond is a game changer at Qb. 

Also a fun data point I saw today, A&M is top 10 in the country so far in yards person play. Even with that awful looking performance last night, they moved the ball well. It looked worse than it was because of turnovers and limited possessions. I'm not saying A&M will be a top offense this year, but they didnt play near as bad as it appears. That's not being a homer, its just an observation. And the stats back that up apparently. If they hold onto the ball, they probably win by 4tds and we are having a totally different conversation heading into bama. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

There was a clip with him just sitting on the bench with a towel on his head trailing 24-3 to Clemson and Growl has ran with it like he's pouting every since. Its just who he is like you said. 

As far as surprised about demas, yes I am. The entire WR corps is young and inexperienced. Jimbo runs a complicated route tree, but it doesn't take a genius to run a slant screen or go 3-4 times just to see if you can get him a touch or two to see what he can do. Jimbo deserves to be fun off for that. And good luck ever getting another elite game changer at a skill position if you aren't even going to give them a 2-3 looks a game. He also didnt let Achane get any PT and Achane is probably the most explosive guy on the team. Surely he can get one carry... Jimbo just failed all.around yesterday and better get it together quick or he's going to be in trouble. 

Wet, Mond is a punk with a poor attitude anf poor performances on the field, just accept it, he’ll be gone soon enough.

Even if he’s a quiet guy as the QB he needs to learn to be a leader. Sitting by yourself with a towel over your head way away from from the rest of the team down 24-7 in the first half is not helping your team.

We all have to step out of our comfort zones to improve. You’re basically saying Mond has always been unwilling to do that to help the team.

Punk.

52 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Even if he’s a quiet guy as the QB he needs to learn to be a leader. Sitting by yourself with a towel over your head way away from from the rest of the team down 24-7 in the first half is not helping your team.

We all have to step out of our comfort zones to improve. You’re basically saying Mond has always been unwilling to do that to help the team.

Punk.

The team loves mond. Take that however you want to take it. The only punk here is the one sitting on the internet talking locker room.dynamics about a kid he's never met. This is monds team and they know that. For better or worse. 

29 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol Horn fans are pretty active in this thread after A&M struggled. Never fails. 😂

Post on the Texas thread. It is free of charge. Maybe you will get a hanging curve or a floating duck?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WETSU said:

The team loves mond. Take that however you want to take it. The only punk here is the one sitting on the internet talking locker room.dynamics about a kid he's never met. This is monds team and they know that. For better or worse. 

Well, it is good Mond has the team’s support. Your locker room under Mond is not working and your university paying $75M on Jimbo isn’t working yet either.

Take that however you want to take it. 

BTW, you’ve probably never met Mond either so what makes you any more knowledgeable on his attitude than me?

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol Horn fans are pretty active in this thread after A&M struggled. Never fails. 😂

As if your butt doesn’t harass us.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Definitely happy I’m a Horns fan rather than an Aggie fan.

30 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, it is good Mond has the team’s support. Your locker room under Mond is not working and your university paying $75M on Jimbo isn’t working yet either.

Take that however you want to take it. 

BTW, you’ve probably never met Mond either so what makes you any more knowledgeable on his attitude than me?

Because various teammates, coaches and mods for multiple sites have addressed these issues before. Also you see one clip and think he's a punk. I see a guy get his kicked all year long and keep on coming for punishment behind a trash oline and layed it all on the line for his team. I've seen qbs be all rah rah look at me I'm the leader just to fold when popped in the mouth. Mond not be a natural leader, but that doesn't make him a quitter pouter or punk. 

17 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Wet, do you have season tickets?  

No I let them go a few years ago. My kids have sports on saturdays and I work a lot of weekends as well. I still make it to a game every now and then, but I just buy single games tickets. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Also... You have no room to judge A&M on its high dollar coach when your high dollar coach also is under performing compared to his salary and resources..  

I do hear you on that, haha!

Just now, WETSU said:

No I let them go a few years ago. My kids have sports on saturdays and I work a lot of weekends as well. I still make it to a game every now and then, but I just buy single games tickets. 

👍🏻
I got a buddy or two always looking for Aggie tix.  Thought I could help them out if u had some u weren’t using

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Because various teammates, coaches and mods for multiple sites have addressed these issues before. Also you see one clip and think he's a punk. I see a guy get his kicked all year long and keep on coming for punishment behind a trash oline and layed it all on the line for his team. I've seen qbs be all rah rah look at me I'm the leader just to fold when popped in the mouth. Mond not be a natural leader, but that doesn't make him a quitter pouter or punk. 

Multiple folks from different publications, etc have addressed these issues in the past; in other words, it’s a problem.

Just now, DB2point0 said:

👍🏻
I got a buddy or two always looking for Aggie tix.  Thought I could help them out if u had some u weren’t using

Would if I could. You can always find them on game day on stub hub. I've gotten them the night before quite a few times honestly. Not always at the best price or best seats but they are usually there. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Would if I could. You can always find them on game day on stub hub. I've gotten them the night before quite a few times honestly. Not always at the best price or best seats but they are usually there. 

👍🏻

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Multiple folks from different publications, etc have addressed these issues in the past; in other words, it’s a problem.

No its people see a problem like you do. You see problem with his character because he's not the type of QB or leader you want. But that doesn't mean hes a punk or that his teammates want different from him. The reports have been this entire off season he has been very good at working with younger players, taking the lead of team workouts and setting an example. Just because you don't get your desired sound bite on the sideline doesn't mean he's not doing his job as the team leader. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No its people see a problem like you do. You see problem with his character because he's not the type of QB or leader you want. But that doesn't mean hes a punk or that his teammates want different from him. The reports have been this entire off season he has been very good at working with younger players, taking the lead of team workouts and setting an example. Just because you don't get your desired sound bite on the sideline doesn't mean he's not doing his job as the team leader. 

Well, that very well may be true. 

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

As if your butt doesn’t harass us.

Where? 

Show me... I know that you've admitted that your weekends are boring enough between washing your truck that you come here to harass us, but I don't remember going to any Texas thread to start trash, even after you got beat by Kansas or BYU twice, or Maryland twice.