The Smoakhouse Forums

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

No I let them go a few years ago. My kids have sports on saturdays and I work a lot of weekends as well. I still make it to a game every now and then, but I just buy single games tickets. 

If you ever want tickets, let me know. I've got you covered. To baseball too. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

If you ever want tickets, let me know. I've got you covered. To baseball too. 

If this wasn’t a COVID year, I would hit you up.  I want to watch a fun game in College Station... like an SEC game where they are supposed to win ... Ole miss or ms state or something 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Where? 

Show me... I know that you've admitted that your weekends are boring enough between washing your truck that you come here to harass us, but I don't remember going to any Texas thread to start trash, even after you got beat by Kansas or BYU twice, or Maryland twice. 

There's this teacher that graduated from A&M in the late 80s that will go out of her way to find me if Texas loses. She always asks, "How'd the Longhorns do this weekend?" She never asks me when they win, just when they lose. She's so deep that if I'm wearing a UT dress shirt, she'll tell me to stay away from her with that ugly shirt on. LOL! As much as I would like to do the same to her when A&M loses, I don't.

I'm sure there are plenty of Longhorn fans that do the same to Aggies when they lose.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

There's this teacher that graduated from A&M in the late 80s that will go out of her way to find me if Texas loses. She always asks, "How'd the Longhorns do this weekend?" She never asks me when they win, just when they lose. She's so deep that if I'm wearing a UT dress shirt, she'll tell me to stay away from her with that ugly shirt on. LOL! As much as I would like to do the same to her when A&M loses, I don't.

I'm sure there are plenty of Longhorn fans that do the same to Aggies when they lose.

Fans like her are the worst smh. 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

If this wasn’t a COVID year, I would hit you up.  I want to watch a fun game in College Station... like an SEC game where they are supposed to win ... Ole miss or ms state or something 

Yeeaahhh, it just isn't the same at 25% capacity. Absolutely dead. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Where? 

Show me... I know that you've admitted that your weekends are boring enough between washing your truck that you come here to harass us, but I don't remember going to any Texas thread to start trash, even after you got beat by Kansas or BYU twice, or Maryland twice. 

Thank you, those were all very difficult times. 

8 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Or the Aggie that comes to a national championship party as a tag a long and roots for the opposition (usc) out loud?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Shouldn’t that be expected? I mean did you really expect them to say hookem ?

They could be respectful of the people’s home they showed up to, not be a ####, or annoy the rest of the people.  They were asked to leave 

33 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They could be respectful of the people’s home they showed up to, not be a ####, or annoy the rest of the people.  They were asked to leave 

Honestly shouldn’t been invited or allowed to tag along . Y’all still won at the end so there is that.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Line started at 9.5. That would've been easy money on Bama.

I just have a feeling this one is closer than 17... See if A&M would have looked awesome and beat Vandy 56-3 last week and the line moved to something like 6.5, A&M would have lost 38-14. But since the line is 17, it wouldn't shock me to see a close game now. It just always seem to work like that lately. The years I think A&M gets blown out by bama they play them fairly close and vice versa. 

I do think the defense is good enough to keep this one within 17. I may take that bet. 

After rewatching the game I'm also not as unhappy with what I saw. Like I've said already, take away 3-4 very preventable mistakes and this game is a blowout. Not saying I think A&M beats bama, but I'm not convinced a blowout is coming either. 

I think A&M's defense can contain Bama's O to an extent, but I just don't see Mond doing anything special (unless this is one of the games he decides to actually show up and play). 

I can see this being a 35-20 type game in Bama's favor. I say that only from what I saw against Vandy, and tbh I think they are way better than what we saw. It's just a matter of when the Ags turn it on. 

9 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think A&M's defense can contain Bama's O to an extent, but I just don't see Mond doing anything special (unless this is one of the games he decides to actually show up and play). 

I can see this being a 35-20 type game in Bama's favor. I say that only from what I saw against Vandy, and tbh I think they are way better than what we saw. It's just a matter of when the Ags turn it on. 

Mond won't do anything special because he isn't a special QB.  That is unfortunate for A&M mainly because there were flashes of something special there, but nothing consistent.  However, he is a good QB and if A&M can find the playmakers and consistently get it to them, they will be fine.  However, Bama doesn't look ready to take any off games this season... so I feel bad for anyone playing them (or Florida) if they come out like they did in their Game 1s...

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Mond won't do anything special because he isn't a special QB.  That is unfortunate for A&M mainly because there were flashes of something special there, but nothing consistent.  However, he is a good QB and if A&M can find the playmakers and consistently get it to them, they will be fine.  However, Bama doesn't look ready to take any off games this season... so I feel bad for anyone playing them (or Florida) if they come out like they did in their Game 1s...

I actually thought bama looked more human than last year offensively. If you can stop their run and get a little pressure I think (I think A&M can do those) you can slow them down enough to make it a game. Where A&M isnt good enough in this game is attacking vertically and making their safety respect the deep middle third of the field. A&M will basically be running and throwing into 10 guys within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage until they prove they can hit something deeper than 20 yards downfield. 

I've said this before and I'll die on this hill, but Jimbo is coaching like the village idiot by not having Mond try to hit a go route every now and then. Even you only hit on 10% of them, you make teams think about it. Right now teams have a 0% concern with an A&M player beating them over the top. Not even the slightest thought. And that allows them to sit on everything else and it just ruins the offense. 

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I actually thought bama looked more human than last year offensively. If you can stop their run and get a little pressure I think (I think A&M can do those) you can slow them down enough to make it a game. Where A&M isnt good enough in this game is attacking vertically and making their safety respect the deep middle third of the field. A&M will basically be running and throwing into 10 guys within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage until they prove they can hit something deeper than 20 yards downfield. 

I've said this before and I'll die on this hill, but Jimbo is coaching like the village idiot by not having Mond try to hit a go route every now and then. Even you only hit on 10% of them, you make teams think about it. Right now teams have a 0% concern with an A&M player beating them over the top. Not even the slightest thought. And that allows them to sit on everything else and it just ruins the offense. 

I agree, you must attempt home run balls periodically if for no other reason than as a warning shot for the other team to respect that capability.

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

I agree with this. That is what a team like Clemson and other teams in the past have done to either beat or put a scare in Alabama have done. Cannot just let those big ole safeties stay up close to the line of scrimmage taking away the run and all the under passing lanes away.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:37 AM, DB2point0 said:

Or the Aggie that comes to a national championship party as a tag a long and roots for the opposition (usc) out loud?

She drove me crazy!!

I truly do just mess with JF and Wet.

That dang woman who showed up harassing us and claiming the Aggies kept Vince Young from winning the Heisman and constantly being so obnoxious - it took me a little bit of time to forgive my cousin for inviting that thing to their house. Thank goodness she left around half time. 

• Thanks 1