Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Its cute how texas fans feel the need to come talk trash after losing a game. Worry about your own overpaid coach 

This Texas fan ain’t saying jack. Our dobber has been firmly planted in the dirt. Mine especially after my man made an error in judgement in reaching for the goal line trying to score and fumbling. 
We definitely have our own overpaid coach to worry about..........

🤐 😔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

By the way, where is Lion's input?

Still locked up under the bleachers in Henderson or running around under aliases. 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol

I don't really care for this meme. It was Joe Tessitore who said it, right? Not any Texas player or fan...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Could be wrong but thought I remembered that. 

Yeah he said “we’re back” after beating Georgia. 
 

idk about other Texas fans but I cringe every time I hear that. I’ll bleed burnt orange until I die but I can acknowledge flaws in my own team. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yeah he said “we’re back” after beating Georgia. 
 

idk about other Texas fans but I cringe every time I hear that. I’ll bleed burnt orange until I die but I can acknowledge flaws in my own team. 
 

 

Yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yeah he said “we’re back” after beating Georgia. 
 

idk about other Texas fans but I cringe every time I hear that. I’ll bleed burnt orange until I die but I can acknowledge flaws in my own team. 
 

 

I'm not going to lie I'm very perplexed by the situation at texas right now.

I mean I get why A&M is where it is. Even with Jimbo bringing in 3 top 10 recruiting classes, they are still 4th overall in their own division in terms or recruiting during that time. That's not even counting florida and georgia. So in terms of talent A&M is going to have to just literally be a better team because they will never just be able to out athlete everyone in the division. 

Thats not the case with Texas. They recruit far and away better than everyone not named Oklahoma in the conference. They have extreme advantages in terms of facilities, history, resources, and national appeal over everyone but OU. I mean honestly based off of just the "on paper" side of this, its truly remarkable how mediocre texas has been this decade relative to their schedule and their distinct advantages in nearly every area. Again I'm not judging because A&M has its own issues, but its not comparing apples to apples when you look at it in the way I mentioned above. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I'm not going to lie I'm very perplexed by the situation at texas right now.

I mean I get why A&M is where it is. Even with Jimbo bringing in 3 top 10 recruiting classes, they are still 4th overall in their own division in terms or recruiting during that time. That's not even counting florida and georgia. So in terms of talent A&M is going to have to just literally be a better team because they will never just be able to out athlete everyone in the division. 

Thats not the case with Texas. They recruit far and away better than everyone not named Oklahoma in the conference. They have extreme advantages in terms of facilities, history, resources, and national appeal over everyone but OU. I mean honestly based off of just the "on paper" side of this, its truly remarkable how mediocre texas has been this decade relative to their schedule and their distinct advantages in nearly every area. Again I'm not judging because A&M has its own issues, but its not comparing apples to apples when you look at it in the way I mentioned above. 

You make a very good point WET and I wish I had an answer for you. Unfortunately, I don’t. It’s extremely frustrating to watch year in and year out because like you said, on paper, Texas should be excelling every year. Instead, we get this mediocrity performance. I feel bad for Ehlinger because he’s the only one that seems to give a damn. I really don’t know why this is and I’ve just about given up trying to pinpoint why the program is like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

OK counselor.

But I'm not digging JF. I have a grand baby that requires much more time.

I humbly accept your admission of defeat. 

Just get the numbers and everything right before trying to make a point next time, okay? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

@Stoney@JohnnyFootball @wet

So do any of y’all see a QB change . Calzada kid . I assume King needs a year. Florida game could be telling .

No there's no qb change coming. What tells me that the case is how long Mond played. They left him in as long as possible building reps with the new WRs before pulling him. If there was a chance at a change you probably would've seen Clazada and King each split reps second half to see who gets hot. 

 

I do not think mond is the right guy, but I'm not sure you can throw King in right now without basically sacrificing this season while breaking him in. Bama is elite at every position and has an elite staff. They will do what they did to A&M to all but about 3 teams in the country. Yesterday was not a what's to come type moment for A&M. Florida is a better gauge of what A&M is aa a team this year. They beat florida next week and 9-1 is still a very real possibility and based off of the way the big 12 is playing, 9-1 with a win over florida lsu and auburn likely gets A&M in the playoffs as a second sec team. I'm not projecting that I'm just saying its possible. And with that in mind you play Mond vs Florida and see what happens. If Florida beats you like bama did then you start considering giving King several plays a game and then eventually work him into starting late season to prepare for next season. But for now, even though I think A&M seriously limits their offense with him in, you play Mond. 

 

 

 

Now what would do is run the hell out of him if that's what you have to do. I think you play Mond like every game is his last from here on out and if he gets dinged up you start to develop King. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WETSU said:

No there's no qb change coming. What tells me that the case is how long Mond played. They left him in as long as possible building reps with the new WRs before pulling him. If there was a chance at a change you probably would've seen Clazada and King each split reps second half to see who gets hot. 

 

I do not think mond is the right guy, but I'm not sure you can throw King in right now without basically sacrificing this season while breaking him in. Bama is elite at every position and has an elite staff. They will do what they did to A&M to all but about 3 teams in the country. Yesterday was not a what's to come type moment for A&M. Florida is a better gauge of what A&M is aa a team this year. They beat florida next week and 9-1 is still a very real possibility and based off of the way the big 12 is playing, 9-1 with a win over florida lsu and auburn likely gets A&M in the playoffs as a second sec team. I'm not projecting that I'm just saying its possible. And with that in mind you play Mond vs Florida and see what happens. If Florida beats you like bama did then you start considering giving King several plays a game and then eventually work him into starting late season to prepare for next season. But for now, even though I think A&M seriously limits their offense with him in, you play Mond. 

 

 

 

Now what would do is run the hell out of him if that's what you have to do. I think you play Mond like every game is his last from here on out and if he gets dinged up you start to develop King. 

I’m a little shocked that Jimbo went with King over Calzada but it goes with all the reports you heard in the fall about how this staff loved King’s athleticism and his game smarts. King’s more than likely the starter in ‘21. I just don’t think he’s ready to take over from Mond right now. These guys can play 4 games and keep their redshirt. I’d like to see him out there for a couple series against Florida next week. Just to get acclimated to the size and speed of the SEC. Do it like they could have, should have done with Murray/Allen. You’re the starter kid but this kids going to be a change of pace. I will say this, whether by design or not, King did look more confident and comfortable running the ball than Mond.

To piggyback off WET, if this turns into a lost season a 6-4,5-5, then use it to build for next year. Get your ‘21 guys meaningful snaps. Did we even see Demas yesterday on the field? We have got to get some legitimate corners on this defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’m a little shocked that Jimbo went with King over Calzada but it goes with all the reports you heard in the fall about how this staff loved King’s athleticism and his game smarts. King’s more than likely the starter in ‘21. I just don’t think he’s ready to take over from Mond right now. These guys can play 4 games and keep their redshirt. I’d like to see him out there for a couple series against Florida next week. Just to get acclimated to the size and speed of the SEC. Do it like they could have, should have done with Murray/Allen. You’re the starter kid but this kids going to be a change of pace. I will say this, whether by design or not, King did look more confident and comfortable running the ball than Mond.

To piggyback off WET, if this turns into a lost season a 6-4,5-5, then use it to build for next year. Get your ‘21 guys meaningful snaps. Did we even see Demas yesterday on the field? We have got to get some legitimate corners on this defense. 

Is this in play this year? I thought that it was being waived this year because of Covid?  If so, and A&M loses the next couple of games for some reason, do you start to roll with King to get him some "free" exposure?  That way Jimbo would/should have all of his recruits in place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Is this in play this year? I thought that it was being waived this year because of Covid?  If so, and A&M loses the next couple of games for some reason, do you start to roll with King to get him some "free" exposure?  That way Jimbo would/should have all of his recruits in place.

I don’t know with the whole free year, no eligibility lost deal due to COVID? With Mond leaving next year any chance to get King or Calzada playing time this year should be taken advantage of. Get them some game reps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a free year for everyone. It's literally a redshirt for everyone including those that already had one regardless how many games someone plays. I agree. There's absolutely zero reason why King shouldn't be getting a minimum on one series a game from here on out. Change of pace potential for this season and getting him ready for next. I get not putting him in if its close, but other than a one score game the kid needs to play at least a series in every game this season. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stoney said:

We have got to get some legitimate corners on this defense. 

Stoney, heard on sports talk radio this morning, they said Alabama averaged 16+ yards per pass attempt.  Not completions, per attempt.  That's just an insane stat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...