The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea some sort of peta activist from what I've read. I think they were saying two teams use of dogs as their mascots is wrong. 

Those dogs probably live better than most of us. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This story would have been so much better had she been run smooth over during the kickoff return seeing as how she ran right into the middle of it. 

I was kinda hoping for an old fashioned slobber knocker tackle from a Aggie LB. 

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

PETA is upset that A&M’s vet school is using sick dogs in their research....while trying to treat the sick dogs.

I can see that. It’s so much easier to research cancer on a cancer-free dog. Only PETA could come up with something like that. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Some nice rumors floating around the boards about A&M’s standings with some big recruits. 

Yea Ive seen those as well. I think if they finish strong they could really turn a few heads for the 2022 class too. 

LSU, Texas and OU are also gifting them a rare opportunity that Jimbo needs to take advantage of. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I can see that. It’s so much easier to research cancer on a cancer-free dog. Only PETA could come up with something like that. 

There’s no rational thinking in that organization. None. It’s emotion and not logic.

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea Ive seen those as well. I think if they finish strong they could really turn a few heads for the 2022 class too. 

LSU, Texas and OU are also gifting them a rare opportunity that Jimbo needs to take advantage of. 

It could be a fun close to Early Signing day. The 4* Thomas kid from Louisiana is starting to trend our way. If you trust the boards.

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

One of you Aggie fans that’s in the know want to fill us in on what was going through this crazy chick’s head? I’m guessing she’s a Mississippi State student? 

Stupid people doing stupid things.

2021 Class 20 commits 

QB- Eli Stowers 4*

RB- Amari Daniels 3*, Earnest Crownover 3* (gray shirt)

WR- Shadrach Banks 4*,

TE- Dametrius Crownover 3*, Fernando Garza 3*

OL- Rueben Fatheree 4*, Trey Zuhn 4*, Mathew Wykoff 3*, 

DL- Marcus Burris 4*, Jahzion Harris 4*, Albert Regis 3*, Victory Vaka 3*, 

LB- Kaci Seegars 3*, Kenneth Phillips 3*(gray shirt)

Secondary- Kendal Daniels 4*, Deuce Harmon 4*, Dreyden Norwood 4*, Tyreek Chappell 3*

ATH- Yulkeith Brown 4*

5 open spots, some big names left on the board.

LJ Johnson 4* RB

Bryce Foster 4* OG

Tunmise Adeleye 4* DE

Shemar Turner 4* DE

Brian Thomas 4* WR

Taleeq Robbins 3* DT

Tywone Malone 4* DT

Elijah Jeudy  4* DE

Javonne Shepherd JUCO OT

Jordan Moko JUCO OT

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

9 straight is long time for anyone. I suppose with okie lite losing , A&M is. Top 5 team.

No Cincinnati won big. They are number 7 and I see no reason they will be leaped by A&M. 

I don't agree with just sitting on the clock two straight drives and not even attempting to get first downs. I know you were up big and are trying to avoid injury but you got backups who could use the reps. Especially in a year where a damn low grade fever (covid) can wipe out players at a very quick pace. Every rep is valuable in a game and Jimbo just sacrificed several good chances at getting his young guys some. You won't get many 18-25 point leads against sec teams. King, achane and Demas needed reps. 

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Cinci is good.

Possibly. It #### they won't play a power 5 team until the playoffs that we can measure them with. If things play out where you've got a 10-0 Cincy, 9-1 A&M and everyone else wins the game's they should, who gets in? 

Oklahoma st losing today hurts them big time. Even if they win out I don't know how you get them in if A&M and cincy win out. ND will likely have two losses to clemson so they are out. Georgia and florida will each lose at least 1 more game to each other and then likely bama. 

So you've got truthfully A&M and Cincy (all hypothetical that they win out) as being that 4th team in. Who deserves it more in that scenario? I can tell you everyone will be dying for the chance to finally get a mid major in the playoffs and this is the year if its going to happen ever. 

• Like 1

4-1 through the first half of the season. The following schedule to close out the season. 

@ South Carolina (2-3)

@  Tennessee (2-3)

Ole Miss (2-4)

LSU (2-3)

@ Auburn (4-2)

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

4-1 through the first half of the season. The following schedule to close out the season. 

@ South Carolina (2-3)

@  Tennessee (2-3)

Ole Miss (2-4)

LSU (2-3)

@ Auburn (4-2)

No reason not to win out. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, WETSU said:

Possibly. It #### they won't play a power 5 team until the playoffs that we can measure them with. If things play out where you've got a 10-0 Cincy, 9-1 A&M and everyone else wins the game's they should, who gets in? 

Oklahoma st losing today hurts them big time. Even if they win out I don't know how you get them in if A&M and cincy win out. ND will likely have two losses to clemson so they are out. Georgia and florida will each lose at least 1 more game to each other and then likely bama. 

So you've got truthfully A&M and Cincy (all hypothetical that they win out) as being that 4th team in. Who deserves it more in that scenario? I can tell you everyone will be dying for the chance to finally get a mid major in the playoffs and this is the year if its going to happen ever. 

Worst case scenario for Cincinnati and ATM is if ND and Clemson split this week and the CCG. 
You also have BYU with one more ranked opponent and a very likely chance to finish undefeated.