Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

Just now, Valhalla said:

It’s February. What else is there really to talk about.

Good point. I’ve just seen you specifically mention this nearly every chance it’s available. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Meh. OU fans always like to talk about this but it’s sort of irrelevant to me. A&M beat both OU and North champion Nebraska yet lost the tie breaker due to OU due to rankings. It’s whatever. I agree with you it’s stupid to claim that or whatever, but it’s also equally as stupid that nearly 10 years later you’re still talking about it.

 

Well, isn’t it the “Championship” posted on the stadium wall for all to see as a visual reminder? That would make it relevant to at least every home game when people have the chance to gaze upon A&M’s successes.

  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 4:54 PM, Stoney said:

Haynes doesn’t haven’t to come in and be a world beater by himself. If he can just be consistent for four quarters that would make a lot of Aggie fans happy. It’s been a while since we’ve had a QB we could say that about. 

Stoney, Didnt realize that he is ranked #1 in the State. I know he's a stud, but that seems a little suprising. I'm guessing they will redshirt him and put some weight on him. He seemed to regress a little from his great Junior season. Hopefully, he makes it and can become a starter after Mond. Seems like a great kid!

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Stoney, Didnt realize that he is ranked #1 in the State. I know he's a stud, but that seems a little suprising. I'm guessing they will redshirt him and put some weight on him. He seemed to regress a little from his great Junior season. Hopefully, he makes it and can become a starter after Mond. Seems like a great kid!

He lit it up at the opening and elite 11 events. He’s got talent. But he has a long way to go with his technique and has never really focused on just playing QB. He’s shared his athleticism with other sports and so even as good as he is he’s behind a lot of the top QBs in the class in some areas because he hasn’t taken the same number of reps as these guys. 

He will be a good one I think but needs time. He’s on campus now so he’s got 18 months to prepare himself for fall camp and a QB battle. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Stoney, Didnt realize that he is ranked #1 in the State. I know he's a stud, but that seems a little suprising. I'm guessing they will redshirt him and put some weight on him. He seemed to regress a little from his great Junior season. Hopefully, he makes it and can become a starter after Mond. Seems like a great kid!

I think it’s like Fan said. It was a A&M site calling him the #1 QB. I’m not sure how much the talent surrounding King leaving hurt him, on top of the injuries he had his senior year. Kid just didn’t have the same season as his JR year and slipped in the rankings. The worst thing this fanbase can do is expect him to compete for the starting job as a true freshman. The kid isn’t physically ready to handle that. Kid is a 189 pounds. That wouldn’t hold up to a SEC schedule, let alone the mental aspect. Him early enrolling is huge for him. Get him in the weight room. Get him in the film room. Let him learn until he’s ready to fight Calzada for the job in ‘21.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

West Rusk’s Tyree Wilson is in the transfer portal.

Not surprising. I watched the kid several times, and just didn’t see a sec level player. I didn’t think he was near dominant enough at the small school level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't look all the way back through to see if anyone else has done it yet...but looked up A&Ms schedule and boy do they have a chance to have a great year!

 

I'll be really surprised if they aren't 4-0 through the non-conference slate. And in all honesty, they should still be undefeated when they travel to Auburn in Mid-October. Without doing too much digging...I would think it's not too much of a stretch to say A&M enters the last 2 games of the year with a chance to get to 10-11 wins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WETSU said:

Not surprising. I watched the kid several times, and just didn’t see a sec level player. I didn’t think he was near dominant enough at the small school level. 

Before I completely laugh at that comment, let me simply ask this.....what exactly is an 'SEC level player'?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Before I completely laugh at that comment, let me simply ask this.....what exactly is an 'SEC level player'?

The kind of defensive player that gets drafted. You know. Some conferences have those.... 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TxFight said:

Haven't look all the way back through to see if anyone else has done it yet...but looked up A&Ms schedule and boy do they have a chance to have a great year!

 

I'll be really surprised if they aren't 4-0 through the non-conference slate. And in all honesty, they should still be undefeated when they travel to Auburn in Mid-October. Without doing too much digging...I would think it's not too much of a stretch to say A&M enters the last 2 games of the year with a chance to get to 10-11 wins. 

Yea on paper A&M should be at worst 9-1 entering the final two weeks. I honestly think they beat auburn because auburn lost so much. So I think 10-0 is a very real and likely scenario. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In all serious lobo it’s not much different than saying a kid isn’t big 12 caliber and should be in the mountain west. I KNOW we have had that discussion here before. There’s just a difference in a starter quality Power 5 player and starter quality mid major guy. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WETSU said:

In all serious lobo it’s not much different than saying a kid isn’t big 12 caliber and should be in the mountain west. I KNOW we have had that discussion here before. There’s just a difference in a starter quality Power 5 player and starter quality mid major guy. 

 

If we're talking P5 or non Power 5, then of course, I agree. I think we all look at talent level and say, 'I think that kid would do better at a smaller school. '. 

What I don't agree with, is saying that a kid doesn't have the talent for a particular P5 conference, but does for the rest. I think that's ridiculous. Remember, Texas A&M 's best season, to this point, was with a team assembled in the B12. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

If we're talking P5 or non Power 5, then of course, I agree. I think we all look at talent level and say, 'I think that kid would do better at a smaller school. '. 

What I don't agree with, is saying that a kid doesn't have the talent for a particular P5 conference, but does for the rest. I think that's ridiculous. Remember, Texas A&M 's best season, to this point, was with a team assembled in the B12. 

the fact is one conference puts tons of defensive talent in the league every year and 2 of the 5 do not. Especially on the dline. Take that however you want to take it, but it’s the facts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WETSU said:

the fact is one conference puts tons of defensive talent in the league every year and 2 of the 5 do not. Especially on the dline. Take that however you want to take it, but it’s the facts. 

So, are you saying that of all of the SEC defensive players that do not make it to the NFL or even start are not SEC ready?  I guess all of them should transfer then.

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 8:58 AM, TxFight said:

Haven't look all the way back through to see if anyone else has done it yet...but looked up A&Ms schedule and boy do they have a chance to have a great year!

 

I'll be really surprised if they aren't 4-0 through the non-conference slate. And in all honesty, they should still be undefeated when they travel to Auburn in Mid-October. Without doing too much digging...I would think it's not too much of a stretch to say A&M enters the last 2 games of the year with a chance to get to 10-11 wins. 

Yeah for how tough it was this past year, it'll be much more favorable this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Maaaan Horn fans are really upset at our recruiting class. They're posting more about our team than theirs. 😂

Ummmm....no, not concerned about A&M’s recruiting. 80 years of history tells me that it does not matter. Even during the FedEx years of recruiting for A&M nothing could still be done with the talent.

Texas is down right now, I get it. In fact, if you look at their history in its entirety it has many peaks and valleys. However you wish to look at it Texas is more significant than A&M.

  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Ummmm....no, not concerned about A&M’s recruiting. 80 years of history tells me that it does not matter. Even during the FedEx years of recruiting for A&M nothing could still be done with the talent.

Texas is down right now, I get it. In fact, if you look at their history in its entirety it has many peaks and valleys. However you wish to look at it Texas is more significant than A&M.

Cool. You'd think that'd mean you'd stick to Texas threads and not post bs straw man arguments in this one if you "weren't concerned". But you don't. Actions speak louder than words. Keep your obsession alive and going. It suits you. 

 

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Cool. You'd think that'd mean you'd stick to Texas threads and not post bs straw man arguments in this one. But you don't. Actions speak louder than words. Keep your obsession alive and going. It suits you.

Certainly not obsessed,!its just that it is too easy to get under y’all’s skin. Never seen such a group so full of themselves. And you all think that your opinions are facts.

 

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Certainly not obsessed,!its just that it is too easy to get under y’all’s skin. Never seen such a group so full of themselves. And you all think that your opinions are facts.

 

Certainly not obsessed! You don't spend your weekends here posting BS straw man arguments or anything! Certainly not obsessed. No sir. 😂

More A&M posts, please. Your obsession has been noted and grows with each post. Keep it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Certainly not obsessed! You don't spend your weekends here posting BS straw man arguments or anything! Certainly not obsessed. No sir. 😂

More A&M posts, please. Your obsession has been noted and grows with each post. Keep it up.

Just to align with your narrative I probably will.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...