7 hours ago, WETSU said:

To be fair, Jimbo is in the championship hunt in year 3. Now I do not think they are there yet, but the guys implication that the aggies aren't getting their money's worth with Jimbo is just a moronic argument. Like JF pointed out, Jimbo is the 5th highest paid coach and has his team ranked number 5... I'd say in year 3 they are right on track and getting exactly what they paid for and expected. 

My intentions was not to compare Jimbo to saban exactly, just to point out that even the elite coaches in the game take a little time to get their guys to the national title level. 

Yep. And let's face it, to compete in the SEC, A&M was NOT very well-equipped at all. Jimbo had a huge hill to climb. He's ahead of schedule, as Lhornfan said, due in part to other teams struggling. 

That guy doesn't have a clue. They've been playing the buyers remorse card for years about everything from moving to the SEC to getting Jimbo. 

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual...

I find both fanbases equally annoying, and seldom find myself rooting for either team.   That said: I would LOVE to watch a Texas/Texas A&M game every Thanksgiving. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wait he's a bandwagon Bama fan now? He abandoned ship pretty quick! 😂😂😂

I messed that up. I could have sworn from how much he's talked trash about A&M that he was likely a horn fan, but he says he is an alabama fan. 

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

LOL! Do you for a fact that WET isn't? I mean, he claims to be an insider 😂

I claim to be an insider? When have you ever seen those words typed by me? 

16 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. And let's face it, to compete in the SEC, A&M was NOT very well-equipped at all. Jimbo had a huge hill to climb. He's ahead of schedule, as Lhornfan said, due in part to other teams struggling. 

That guy doesn't have a clue. They've been playing the buyers remorse card for years about everything from moving to the SEC to getting Jimbo. 

Yea I mean its obvious he doesn't know anything about anything, I just don't understand where the obsessive hate comes from. Which is why I thought he was a horn fan. For years he's been on this board talking about A&M and getting his panties in a wad over everything A&M related. I don't really get that from someone who claims to be an alabama fan. Kind of "beneath them" I would think. Which is why I think he's a Texas fan for years and jumped ship after mack but couldn't shake the aggie hate. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wait he's a bandwagon Bama fan now? He abandoned ship pretty quick! 😂😂😂

I’m on the New BAMA Bandwagon Fan Screening Committee. His application was rejected about 3 months ago, right after DB2point0’s. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m on the New BAMA Bandwagon Fan Screening Committee. His application was rejected about 3 months ago, right after DB2point0’s. 

F9FCD8F3-442C-43F7-AF32-BC860827F661.png

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yea I mean its obvious he doesn't know anything about anything, I just don't understand where the obsessive hate comes from. Which is why I thought he was a horn fan. For years he's been on this board talking about A&M and getting his panties in a wad over everything A&M related. I don't really get that from someone who claims to be an alabama fan. Kind of "beneath them" I would think. Which is why I think he's a Texas fan for years and jumped ship after mack but couldn't shake the aggie hate. 

Some folks thrive on that . Sad reality. 

All this playoff talk can be avoided if A&am lays a dud. Tennessee ain’t the best team around. This is still a sec game on the road. I have no idea what happens with the Aggies if they lose. 
From what I gathered. 

Most realistic option is the Orange bowl against most likely unc if Acc top two are unavailable. 

Rose bowl against at large maybe Cincinnati 

Cotton bowl with the winner Iowa st/ou . 

or playoff berth against Alabama. 

Great to be in this position as a contender and Fisher is legit that any one in the country would absolutely love to have and would pay that. Boosters will pay buyouts so money no object for these guys. Don’t kid yourself.

5 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

All this playoff talk can be avoided if A&am lays a dud. Tennessee ain’t the best team around. This is still a sec game on the road. I have no idea what happens with the Aggies if they lose. 
From what I gathered. 

Most realistic option is the Orange bowl against most likely unc if Acc top two are unavailable. 

Rose bowl against at large maybe Cincinnati 

Cotton bowl with the winner Iowa st/ou . 

or playoff berth against Alabama. 

Great to be in this position as a contender and Fisher is legit that any one in the country would absolutely love to have and would pay that. Boosters will pay buyouts so money no object for these guys. Don’t kid yourself.

The Rose Bowl is a playoff semifinal. 

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Not this year. They will host one of the two semifinal games this year. Which game they host has yet to be decided. 

I wonder what happen in untimely event if Tennessee pulls the upset at home. That definitely would be a A&M thing to do. Just calling like I see it.

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I wonder what happen in untimely event if Tennessee pulls the upset at home. That definitely would be a A&M thing to do. Just calling like I see it.

Well they won’t have the playoff scenario to worry about. 

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Northwestern giving Ohio State a game. A&M up 24-13 over Tennessee.

Its been a few ugly plays by George, but A&M is doing what it needs to do. If they can put two more tds between them I'll be very happy with what I've seem in terms of "style" heading into the committee decisions 

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Mond needs a TD pass to pass Johnny Football in the record books. Never would have imagined that when he started.

Well I mean 2 years of production vs 4 years of production really weakens that. 

• Like 1

Is there even a possibility that ohio st wins in such a ugly way that A&M jumps them? I mean I doubt it,but ohio st has not looked like a top 4 team against the only two teams with a pulse they have played (indiana and NW.)